mbox series

[X/Z/A/Linux-OEM,0/1] Add new ictype of elantech touchpad on Lenovo

Message ID 20171122050042.27001-1-aaron.ma@canonical.com
Headers show
Series Add new ictype of elantech touchpad on Lenovo | expand

Message

Aaron Ma Nov. 22, 2017, 5 a.m. UTC
BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1733605

[Impact]
Elantech touchpad on Lenovo laptops L480/580 report it's version as 15,
and current kernel can not support this hw_version,
so driver didn't support horizontal,vertical and multi-touch.
error log:
kernel: psmouse serio1: elantech: unknown hardware version, aborting...

[Fix]
Add the ictype as hw_version 4 to support this new touchpad.

[Test Case]
Tested on Lenovo L480/580, touchpad/trackstick works fine, multi-touch
ok.

[Regression Potential]
Add new ictype of on specific touchpad, no regression is supposed.

Aaron Ma (1):
  Input: elantech - add new icbody type 15

 drivers/input/mouse/elantech.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

Comments

Aaron Ma Nov. 22, 2017, 2:49 p.m. UTC | #1
Bionic needs this patch too, add B in subject.

Aaron

On 11/22/2017 01:00 PM, Aaron Ma wrote:
> BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1733605
> 
> [Impact]
> Elantech touchpad on Lenovo laptops L480/580 report it's version as 15,
> and current kernel can not support this hw_version,
> so driver didn't support horizontal,vertical and multi-touch.
> error log:
> kernel: psmouse serio1: elantech: unknown hardware version, aborting...
> 
> [Fix]
> Add the ictype as hw_version 4 to support this new touchpad.
> 
> [Test Case]
> Tested on Lenovo L480/580, touchpad/trackstick works fine, multi-touch
> ok.
> 
> [Regression Potential]
> Add new ictype of on specific touchpad, no regression is supposed.
> 
> Aaron Ma (1):
>   Input: elantech - add new icbody type 15
> 
>  drivers/input/mouse/elantech.c | 2 +-
>  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
>
Hui Wang Nov. 23, 2017, 2:59 a.m. UTC | #2
On 2017年11月22日 22:49, Aaron Ma wrote:
> Bionic needs this patch too, add B in subject.
>
> Aaron

Acked-by: Hui Wang<hui.wang@canonical.com>

>
> On 11/22/2017 01:00 PM, Aaron Ma wrote:
>> BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1733605
>>
>> [Impact]
>> Elantech touchpad on Lenovo laptops L480/580 report it's version as 15,
>> and current kernel can not support this hw_version,
>> so driver didn't support horizontal,vertical and multi-touch.
>> error log:
>> kernel: psmouse serio1: elantech: unknown hardware version, aborting...
>>
>> [Fix]
>> Add the ictype as hw_version 4 to support this new touchpad.
>>
>> [Test Case]
>> Tested on Lenovo L480/580, touchpad/trackstick works fine, multi-touch
>> ok.
>>
>> [Regression Potential]
>> Add new ictype of on specific touchpad, no regression is supposed.
>>
>> Aaron Ma (1):
>>    Input: elantech - add new icbody type 15
>>
>>   drivers/input/mouse/elantech.c | 2 +-
>>   1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
>>
Timo Aaltonen Nov. 26, 2017, 4:31 p.m. UTC | #3
On 22.11.2017 07:00, Aaron Ma wrote:
> BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1733605
> 
> [Impact]
> Elantech touchpad on Lenovo laptops L480/580 report it's version as 15,
> and current kernel can not support this hw_version,
> so driver didn't support horizontal,vertical and multi-touch.
> error log:
> kernel: psmouse serio1: elantech: unknown hardware version, aborting...
> 
> [Fix]
> Add the ictype as hw_version 4 to support this new touchpad.
> 
> [Test Case]
> Tested on Lenovo L480/580, touchpad/trackstick works fine, multi-touch
> ok.
> 
> [Regression Potential]
> Add new ictype of on specific touchpad, no regression is supposed.
> 
> Aaron Ma (1):
>   Input: elantech - add new icbody type 15
> 
>  drivers/input/mouse/elantech.c | 2 +-
>  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
> 

applied to linux-oem, thanks
Kleber Souza Nov. 28, 2017, 8:16 a.m. UTC | #4
On 11/26/17 17:31, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> On 22.11.2017 07:00, Aaron Ma wrote:
>> BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1733605
>>
>> [Impact]
>> Elantech touchpad on Lenovo laptops L480/580 report it's version as 15,
>> and current kernel can not support this hw_version,
>> so driver didn't support horizontal,vertical and multi-touch.
>> error log:
>> kernel: psmouse serio1: elantech: unknown hardware version, aborting...
>>
>> [Fix]
>> Add the ictype as hw_version 4 to support this new touchpad.
>>
>> [Test Case]
>> Tested on Lenovo L480/580, touchpad/trackstick works fine, multi-touch
>> ok.
>>
>> [Regression Potential]
>> Add new ictype of on specific touchpad, no regression is supposed.
>>
>> Aaron Ma (1):
>>   Input: elantech - add new icbody type 15
>>
>>  drivers/input/mouse/elantech.c | 2 +-
>>  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
>>
> 
> applied to linux-oem, thanks
> 

Hi Timo,

When partially applying a patch (not on all the kernels it has been
submitted to), please add this information to the email subject (for
example "APPLIED[Linux-OEM]: ...") so it makes it easier to the stable
team to identify for which kernels the patch is still left to be applied.


Thanks,
Kleber
Aaron Ma Dec. 7, 2017, 4:25 a.m. UTC | #5
On 11/28/2017 04:16 PM, Kleber Souza wrote:
> On 11/26/17 17:31, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
>> On 22.11.2017 07:00, Aaron Ma wrote:
>>> BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1733605
>>>
>>> [Impact]
>>> Elantech touchpad on Lenovo laptops L480/580 report it's version as 15,
>>> and current kernel can not support this hw_version,
>>> so driver didn't support horizontal,vertical and multi-touch.
>>> error log:
>>> kernel: psmouse serio1: elantech: unknown hardware version, aborting...
>>>
>>> [Fix]
>>> Add the ictype as hw_version 4 to support this new touchpad.
>>>
>>> [Test Case]
>>> Tested on Lenovo L480/580, touchpad/trackstick works fine, multi-touch
>>> ok.
>>>
>>> [Regression Potential]
>>> Add new ictype of on specific touchpad, no regression is supposed.
>>>
>>> Aaron Ma (1):
>>>   Input: elantech - add new icbody type 15
>>>
>>>  drivers/input/mouse/elantech.c | 2 +-
>>>  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
>>>
>>
>> applied to linux-oem, thanks
>>
> 
> Hi Timo,
> 
> When partially applying a patch (not on all the kernels it has been
> submitted to), please add this information to the email subject (for
> example "APPLIED[Linux-OEM]: ...") so it makes it easier to the stable
> team to identify for which kernels the patch is still left to be applied.
> 

Hi Kleber:

Could anyone apply this patch to X/Z/A/B kernel?

Regards,
Aaron


> 
> Thanks,
> Kleber
>
Aaron Ma Jan. 4, 2018, 2 a.m. UTC | #6
Please apply this patch to Bionic too.

For now [X/Z/A/B] didn't have this patch.
Seth Forshee Jan. 5, 2018, 4:09 p.m. UTC | #7
On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 10:00:40AM +0800, Aaron Ma wrote:
> Please apply this patch to Bionic too.
> 
> For now [X/Z/A/B] didn't have this patch.

Applied to bionic/master-next and unstable/master, as "UBUNTU: SAUCE:
Input: elantech - add new icbody type 15" since the patch is not (yet?)
upstream.