diff mbox series

rtc: enable RTC framework on ARCH=um

Message ID 20201120211103.6895ac740d11.Ic19a9926e8e4c70c03329e55f9e5b1d45095b904@changeid
State New
Headers show
Series rtc: enable RTC framework on ARCH=um | expand

Commit Message

Johannes Berg Nov. 20, 2020, 8:11 p.m. UTC
From: Johannes Berg <johannes.berg@intel.com>

There's no real reason it should be disabled, and at least we can
use it for development & testing with the RTC test driver.

However, two devices are missing a HAS_IOMEM dependency, so add
that to avoid build failures from e.g. allyesconfig.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes.berg@intel.com>
---
Would there be objection to taking this through the linux-um tree?
I have a couple of patches that depend on it as well, to add
suspend/resume support with a pseudo-RTC to wake up from it.
---
 drivers/rtc/Kconfig | 4 +++-
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

Comments

Alexandre Belloni Nov. 20, 2020, 10:39 p.m. UTC | #1
On 20/11/2020 21:11:06+0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> From: Johannes Berg <johannes.berg@intel.com>
> 
> There's no real reason it should be disabled, and at least we can
> use it for development & testing with the RTC test driver.
> 
> However, two devices are missing a HAS_IOMEM dependency, so add
> that to avoid build failures from e.g. allyesconfig.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes.berg@intel.com>
Acked-by: Alexandre Belloni <alexandre.belloni@bootlin.com>

> ---
> Would there be objection to taking this through the linux-um tree?
> I have a couple of patches that depend on it as well, to add
> suspend/resume support with a pseudo-RTC to wake up from it.

I'm fine with that.

> ---
>  drivers/rtc/Kconfig | 4 +++-
>  1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
> 
> diff --git a/drivers/rtc/Kconfig b/drivers/rtc/Kconfig
> index 48c536acd777..de187b563989 100644
> --- a/drivers/rtc/Kconfig
> +++ b/drivers/rtc/Kconfig
> @@ -13,7 +13,7 @@ config RTC_MC146818_LIB
>  menuconfig RTC_CLASS
>  	bool "Real Time Clock"
>  	default n
> -	depends on !S390 && !UML
> +	depends on !S390
>  	select RTC_LIB
>  	help
>  	  Generic RTC class support. If you say yes here, you will
> @@ -1007,6 +1007,7 @@ config RTC_DRV_DS1553
>  
>  config RTC_DRV_DS1685_FAMILY
>  	tristate "Dallas/Maxim DS1685 Family"
> +	depends on HAS_IOMEM
>  	help
>  	  If you say yes here you get support for the Dallas/Maxim DS1685
>  	  family of real time chips.  This family includes the DS1685/DS1687,
> @@ -1140,6 +1141,7 @@ config RTC_DRV_STK17TA8
>  
>  config RTC_DRV_M48T86
>  	tristate "ST M48T86/Dallas DS12887"
> +	depends on HAS_IOMEM
>  	help
>  	  If you say Y here you will get support for the
>  	  ST M48T86 and Dallas DS12887 RTC chips.
> -- 
> 2.26.2
>
Johannes Berg Nov. 21, 2020, 9:51 a.m. UTC | #2
On Fri, 2020-11-20 at 23:39 +0100, Alexandre Belloni wrote:
> On 20/11/2020 21:11:06+0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > From: Johannes Berg <johannes.berg@intel.com>
> > 
> > There's no real reason it should be disabled, and at least we can
> > use it for development & testing with the RTC test driver.
> > 
> > However, two devices are missing a HAS_IOMEM dependency, so add
> > that to avoid build failures from e.g. allyesconfig.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Johannes Berg <johannes.berg@intel.com>
> Acked-by: Alexandre Belloni <alexandre.belloni@bootlin.com>
> 
> > ---
> > Would there be objection to taking this through the linux-um tree?
> > I have a couple of patches that depend on it as well, to add
> > suspend/resume support with a pseudo-RTC to wake up from it.
> 
> I'm fine with that.

Thanks. I think I spoke too quickly here though; I realize now that it's
probably better if you just merge it through whatever RTC tree you have.

Some of the code I was working on has "depends on RTC_CLASS", but then
it obviously doesn't matter what tree it goes through, it doesn't have
any conflicts, and things will just fall into place whenever all patches
are merged, regardless through which tree.

For my local experimentation etc. it doesn't matter, I can just carry
this.

I apologize for not thinking this through properly yesterday, but now
think it's better if it just goes through the normal route.

Thanks,
johannes
diff mbox series

Patch

diff --git a/drivers/rtc/Kconfig b/drivers/rtc/Kconfig
index 48c536acd777..de187b563989 100644
--- a/drivers/rtc/Kconfig
+++ b/drivers/rtc/Kconfig
@@ -13,7 +13,7 @@  config RTC_MC146818_LIB
 menuconfig RTC_CLASS
 	bool "Real Time Clock"
 	default n
-	depends on !S390 && !UML
+	depends on !S390
 	select RTC_LIB
 	help
 	  Generic RTC class support. If you say yes here, you will
@@ -1007,6 +1007,7 @@  config RTC_DRV_DS1553
 
 config RTC_DRV_DS1685_FAMILY
 	tristate "Dallas/Maxim DS1685 Family"
+	depends on HAS_IOMEM
 	help
 	  If you say yes here you get support for the Dallas/Maxim DS1685
 	  family of real time chips.  This family includes the DS1685/DS1687,
@@ -1140,6 +1141,7 @@  config RTC_DRV_STK17TA8
 
 config RTC_DRV_M48T86
 	tristate "ST M48T86/Dallas DS12887"
+	depends on HAS_IOMEM
 	help
 	  If you say Y here you will get support for the
 	  ST M48T86 and Dallas DS12887 RTC chips.