mbox series

[PATCHv7,00/12] PCI: dwc: Add the multiple PF support for DWC and Layerscape

Message ID 20200811095441.7636-1-Zhiqiang.Hou@nxp.com
Headers show
Series PCI: dwc: Add the multiple PF support for DWC and Layerscape | expand

Message

Zhiqiang Hou Aug. 11, 2020, 9:54 a.m. UTC
From: Hou Zhiqiang <Zhiqiang.Hou@nxp.com>

Add the PCIe EP multiple PF support for DWC and Layerscape, and use
a list to manage the PFs of each PCIe controller; add the doorbell
MSIX function for DWC; and refactor the Layerscape EP driver due to
some difference in Layercape platforms PCIe integration.

Hou Zhiqiang (1):
  misc: pci_endpoint_test: Add driver data for Layerscape PCIe
    controllers

Xiaowei Bao (11):
  PCI: designware-ep: Add multiple PFs support for DWC
  PCI: designware-ep: Add the doorbell mode of MSI-X in EP mode
  PCI: designware-ep: Move the function of getting MSI capability
    forward
  PCI: designware-ep: Modify MSI and MSIX CAP way of finding
  dt-bindings: pci: layerscape-pci: Add compatible strings for ls1088a
    and ls2088a
  PCI: layerscape: Fix some format issue of the code
  PCI: layerscape: Modify the way of getting capability with different
    PEX
  PCI: layerscape: Modify the MSIX to the doorbell mode
  PCI: layerscape: Add EP mode support for ls1088a and ls2088a
  arm64: dts: layerscape: Add PCIe EP node for ls1088a
  misc: pci_endpoint_test: Add LS1088a in pci_device_id table

 .../bindings/pci/layerscape-pci.txt           |   2 +
 .../arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-ls1088a.dtsi |  31 +++
 drivers/misc/pci_endpoint_test.c              |   8 +-
 .../pci/controller/dwc/pci-layerscape-ep.c    | 100 +++++--
 .../pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware-ep.c   | 258 ++++++++++++++----
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware.c  |  59 ++--
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware.h  |  48 +++-
 7 files changed, 410 insertions(+), 96 deletions(-)

Comments

Lorenzo Pieralisi Sept. 17, 2020, 4:20 p.m. UTC | #1
On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 05:54:29PM +0800, Zhiqiang Hou wrote:
> From: Hou Zhiqiang <Zhiqiang.Hou@nxp.com>
> 
> Add the PCIe EP multiple PF support for DWC and Layerscape, and use
> a list to manage the PFs of each PCIe controller; add the doorbell
> MSIX function for DWC; and refactor the Layerscape EP driver due to
> some difference in Layercape platforms PCIe integration.
> 
> Hou Zhiqiang (1):
>   misc: pci_endpoint_test: Add driver data for Layerscape PCIe
>     controllers
> 
> Xiaowei Bao (11):
>   PCI: designware-ep: Add multiple PFs support for DWC
>   PCI: designware-ep: Add the doorbell mode of MSI-X in EP mode
>   PCI: designware-ep: Move the function of getting MSI capability
>     forward
>   PCI: designware-ep: Modify MSI and MSIX CAP way of finding
>   dt-bindings: pci: layerscape-pci: Add compatible strings for ls1088a
>     and ls2088a
>   PCI: layerscape: Fix some format issue of the code
>   PCI: layerscape: Modify the way of getting capability with different
>     PEX
>   PCI: layerscape: Modify the MSIX to the doorbell mode
>   PCI: layerscape: Add EP mode support for ls1088a and ls2088a
>   arm64: dts: layerscape: Add PCIe EP node for ls1088a
>   misc: pci_endpoint_test: Add LS1088a in pci_device_id table
> 
>  .../bindings/pci/layerscape-pci.txt           |   2 +
>  .../arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-ls1088a.dtsi |  31 +++
>  drivers/misc/pci_endpoint_test.c              |   8 +-
>  .../pci/controller/dwc/pci-layerscape-ep.c    | 100 +++++--
>  .../pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware-ep.c   | 258 ++++++++++++++----
>  drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware.c  |  59 ++--
>  drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware.h  |  48 +++-
>  7 files changed, 410 insertions(+), 96 deletions(-)

Side note: I will change it for you but please keep Signed-off-by:
tags together in the log instead of mixing them with other tags
randomly.

Can you rebase this series against my pci/dwc branch please and
send a v8 ?

I will apply it then.

Thanks,
Lorenzo
Zhiqiang Hou Sept. 18, 2020, 2:55 a.m. UTC | #2
Hi Lorenzo,

Thanks a lot for your comments!

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lorenzo Pieralisi <lorenzo.pieralisi@arm.com>
> Sent: 2020年9月18日 0:20
> To: Z.q. Hou <zhiqiang.hou@nxp.com>
> Cc: linux-pci@vger.kernel.org; devicetree@vger.kernel.org;
> linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org; linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org;
> linuxppc-dev@lists.ozlabs.org; robh+dt@kernel.org; bhelgaas@google.com;
> shawnguo@kernel.org; Leo Li <leoyang.li@nxp.com>; kishon@ti.com;
> gustavo.pimentel@synopsys.com; Roy Zang <roy.zang@nxp.com>;
> jingoohan1@gmail.com; andrew.murray@arm.com; Mingkai Hu
> <mingkai.hu@nxp.com>; M.h. Lian <minghuan.lian@nxp.com>
> Subject: Re: [PATCHv7 00/12]PCI: dwc: Add the multiple PF support for DWC
> and Layerscape
> 
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 05:54:29PM +0800, Zhiqiang Hou wrote:
> > From: Hou Zhiqiang <Zhiqiang.Hou@nxp.com>
> >
> > Add the PCIe EP multiple PF support for DWC and Layerscape, and use a
> > list to manage the PFs of each PCIe controller; add the doorbell MSIX
> > function for DWC; and refactor the Layerscape EP driver due to some
> > difference in Layercape platforms PCIe integration.
> >
> > Hou Zhiqiang (1):
> >   misc: pci_endpoint_test: Add driver data for Layerscape PCIe
> >     controllers
> >
> > Xiaowei Bao (11):
> >   PCI: designware-ep: Add multiple PFs support for DWC
> >   PCI: designware-ep: Add the doorbell mode of MSI-X in EP mode
> >   PCI: designware-ep: Move the function of getting MSI capability
> >     forward
> >   PCI: designware-ep: Modify MSI and MSIX CAP way of finding
> >   dt-bindings: pci: layerscape-pci: Add compatible strings for ls1088a
> >     and ls2088a
> >   PCI: layerscape: Fix some format issue of the code
> >   PCI: layerscape: Modify the way of getting capability with different
> >     PEX
> >   PCI: layerscape: Modify the MSIX to the doorbell mode
> >   PCI: layerscape: Add EP mode support for ls1088a and ls2088a
> >   arm64: dts: layerscape: Add PCIe EP node for ls1088a
> >   misc: pci_endpoint_test: Add LS1088a in pci_device_id table
> >
> >  .../bindings/pci/layerscape-pci.txt           |   2 +
> >  .../arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-ls1088a.dtsi |  31 +++
> >  drivers/misc/pci_endpoint_test.c              |   8 +-
> >  .../pci/controller/dwc/pci-layerscape-ep.c    | 100 +++++--
> >  .../pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware-ep.c   | 258
> ++++++++++++++----
> >  drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware.c  |  59 ++--
> > drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware.h  |  48 +++-
> >  7 files changed, 410 insertions(+), 96 deletions(-)
> 
> Side note: I will change it for you but please keep Signed-off-by:
> tags together in the log instead of mixing them with other tags randomly.
> 
> Can you rebase this series against my pci/dwc branch please and send a v8 ?
> 
> I will apply it then.

I'll rebase this series and put the Signed-off-by tags together today.

Regards,
Zhiqiang

> 
> Thanks,
> Lorenzo