Patchwork [v2,5/5] spi/ep93xx: add DMA support

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Grant Likely
Date June 8, 2011, 9:53 p.m.
Message ID <20110608215356.GA17138@ponder.secretlab.ca>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/99563/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6 ep93xx-dma

Comments

Grant Likely - June 8, 2011, 9:53 p.m.
On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 09:28:32AM +0530, Koul, Vinod wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 13:40 -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 10:29:45PM +0300, Mika Westerberg wrote:
> > > On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 01:18:24PM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> > > > On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 10:06:07PM +0300, Mika Westerberg wrote:
> > > > > On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 12:45:26PM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> > > > > > On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@iki.fi> wrote:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I just realized that once the SPI driver renaming patch (spi: reorganize
> > > > > > > drivers) enters linux-next, this patch (which sits on Vinod's tree) will cause
> > > > > > > a merge conflict. Any ideas how to avoid it beforehand?
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Yes, put the whole series into a separate branch all by itself.  Merge
> > > > > > that branch into Vinod's tree and I'll also merge it into spi/next,
> > > > > > and I'll fix up the merge conflict when I do.
> > > > > 
> > > > > More stupid questions: Do you mean that I create a branch in my public
> > > > > repository somewhere? If that is the case, then there is a problem that I
> > > > > don't have any public repository and I doubt that I get such before linux-next
> > > > > is rebuilt.
> > > > 
> > > > It doesn't have to be your repo.  Vinod could do it, or I could.
> > > 
> > > Ah, I see.
> > > 
> > > Would it then be possible that you could do it? Please let me and Vinod know
> > > what is needed from us.
> > > 
> > > And sorry for this mess.
> > 
> > I'll need an ack from Vinod first for the series so that I can add it
> > before I make the commits, but other than that I have no problem doing
> > so.
> Acked-by: Vinod Koul <vinod.koul@intel.com>
> 
> Let me know which branch you have pushed and I will merge that to my
> tree

Just pushed out to the branch below.  Take a look, make sure it is
correct, and if it looks good to you then go ahead and merge it, and I
ll also merge it into spi/next.

The following changes since commit 59c5f46fbe01a00eedf54a23789634438bb80603:

  Linux 3.0-rc2 (2011-06-06 18:06:33 +0900)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6 ep93xx-dma

Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
      spi/rtc-m41t93: Use spi_get_drvdata() for SPI devices

Govindraj.R (1):
      spi/omap2: fix uninitialized variable

Grant Likely (1):
      Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin' into spi/merge

Mika Westerberg (5):
      dmaengine: add ep93xx DMA support
      ep93xx: add dmaengine platform code
      ASoC: ep93xx: convert to use the DMA engine API
      ep93xx: remove the old M2P DMA code
      spi/ep93xx: add DMA support

 Documentation/spi/ep93xx_spi                   |   10 +
 arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/Makefile                  |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/core.c                    |    6 +-
 arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/dma-m2p.c                 |  411 -------
 arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/dma.c                     |  108 ++
 arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/include/mach/dma.h        |  190 ++---
 arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/include/mach/ep93xx_spi.h |    2 +
 drivers/dma/Kconfig                            |    7 +
 drivers/dma/Makefile                           |    1 +
 drivers/dma/ep93xx_dma.c                       | 1355 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/rtc/rtc-m41t93.c                       |    2 +-
 drivers/spi/ep93xx_spi.c                       |  303 +++++-
 drivers/spi/omap2_mcspi.c                      |    2 +-
 sound/soc/ep93xx/ep93xx-ac97.c                 |    4 +-
 sound/soc/ep93xx/ep93xx-i2s.c                  |    4 +-
 sound/soc/ep93xx/ep93xx-pcm.c                  |  137 ++--
 16 files changed, 1932 insertions(+), 614 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/dma-m2p.c
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/dma.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ep93xx_dma.c
Koul, Vinod - June 9, 2011, 4:42 p.m.
On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 15:53 -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 09:28:32AM +0530, Koul, Vinod wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 13:40 -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> > > On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 10:29:45PM +0300, Mika Westerberg wrote:
> > > > On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 01:18:24PM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> > > > > On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 10:06:07PM +0300, Mika Westerberg wrote:
> > > > > > On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 12:45:26PM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> > > > > > > On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@iki.fi> wrote:
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > I just realized that once the SPI driver renaming patch (spi: reorganize
> > > > > > > > drivers) enters linux-next, this patch (which sits on Vinod's tree) will cause
> > > > > > > > a merge conflict. Any ideas how to avoid it beforehand?
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Yes, put the whole series into a separate branch all by itself.  Merge
> > > > > > > that branch into Vinod's tree and I'll also merge it into spi/next,
> > > > > > > and I'll fix up the merge conflict when I do.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > More stupid questions: Do you mean that I create a branch in my public
> > > > > > repository somewhere? If that is the case, then there is a problem that I
> > > > > > don't have any public repository and I doubt that I get such before linux-next
> > > > > > is rebuilt.
> > > > > 
> > > > > It doesn't have to be your repo.  Vinod could do it, or I could.
> > > > 
> > > > Ah, I see.
> > > > 
> > > > Would it then be possible that you could do it? Please let me and Vinod know
> > > > what is needed from us.
> > > > 
> > > > And sorry for this mess.
> > > 
> > > I'll need an ack from Vinod first for the series so that I can add it
> > > before I make the commits, but other than that I have no problem doing
> > > so.
> > Acked-by: Vinod Koul <vinod.koul@intel.com>
> > 
> > Let me know which branch you have pushed and I will merge that to my
> > tree
> 
> Just pushed out to the branch below.  Take a look, make sure it is
> correct, and if it looks good to you then go ahead and merge it, and I
> ll also merge it into spi/next.
> 
> The following changes since commit 59c5f46fbe01a00eedf54a23789634438bb80603:
> 
>   Linux 3.0-rc2 (2011-06-06 18:06:33 +0900)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
>   git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6 ep93xx-dma
> 
> Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
>       spi/rtc-m41t93: Use spi_get_drvdata() for SPI devices
> 
> Govindraj.R (1):
>       spi/omap2: fix uninitialized variable
> 
> Grant Likely (1):
>       Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin' into spi/merge
> 
> Mika Westerberg (5):
>       dmaengine: add ep93xx DMA support
>       ep93xx: add dmaengine platform code
>       ASoC: ep93xx: convert to use the DMA engine API
>       ep93xx: remove the old M2P DMA code
>       spi/ep93xx: add DMA support
> 
>  Documentation/spi/ep93xx_spi                   |   10 +
>  arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/Makefile                  |    4 +-
>  arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/core.c                    |    6 +-
>  arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/dma-m2p.c                 |  411 -------
>  arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/dma.c                     |  108 ++
>  arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/include/mach/dma.h        |  190 ++---
>  arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/include/mach/ep93xx_spi.h |    2 +
>  drivers/dma/Kconfig                            |    7 +
>  drivers/dma/Makefile                           |    1 +
>  drivers/dma/ep93xx_dma.c                       | 1355 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  drivers/rtc/rtc-m41t93.c                       |    2 +-
>  drivers/spi/ep93xx_spi.c                       |  303 +++++-
>  drivers/spi/omap2_mcspi.c                      |    2 +-
>  sound/soc/ep93xx/ep93xx-ac97.c                 |    4 +-
>  sound/soc/ep93xx/ep93xx-i2s.c                  |    4 +-
>  sound/soc/ep93xx/ep93xx-pcm.c                  |  137 ++--
>  16 files changed, 1932 insertions(+), 614 deletions(-)
>  delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/dma-m2p.c
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/dma.c
>  create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ep93xx_dma.c
Thanks, I have merged them into my slave-dma next.
Grant Likely - June 9, 2011, 6:46 p.m.
On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 10:12:37PM +0530, Koul, Vinod wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 15:53 -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 09:28:32AM +0530, Koul, Vinod wrote:
> > > Acked-by: Vinod Koul <vinod.koul@intel.com>
> > > 
> > > Let me know which branch you have pushed and I will merge that to my
> > > tree
> > 
> > Just pushed out to the branch below.  Take a look, make sure it is
> > correct, and if it looks good to you then go ahead and merge it, and I
> > ll also merge it into spi/next.
> > 
> > The following changes since commit 59c5f46fbe01a00eedf54a23789634438bb80603:
> > 
> >   Linux 3.0-rc2 (2011-06-06 18:06:33 +0900)
> > 
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >   git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6 ep93xx-dma
>
> Thanks, I have merged them into my slave-dma next.

Good.  I've merged it into spi/next also.

g.
Mika Westerberg - June 9, 2011, 7:15 p.m.
On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 12:46:14PM -0600, Grant Likely wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 10:12:37PM +0530, Koul, Vinod wrote:
> > Thanks, I have merged them into my slave-dma next.
> 
> Good.  I've merged it into spi/next also.

Thanks guys!