[GIT,PULL] for-next updates for soc/fsl drivers for v4.20 take 2

Message ID 20181004164715.14646-1-leoyang.li@nxp.com
State New
Headers show
Series
  • [GIT,PULL] for-next updates for soc/fsl drivers for v4.20 take 2
Related show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/leo/linux.git tags/soc-fsl-next-v4.20-2

Message

Leo Li Oct. 4, 2018, 4:47 p.m.
Hi arm-soc maintainers,

Please merge the following updates for next.

PS.  One of the patches is depending on the last pull request for fixes to build
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10622883/
I didn't include the fix patches directly in this pull request to prevent a
complicated merge.  Please let me know if there is a more preferred approach
to deal with dependencies between pull requests.

Regards,
Leo

The following changes since commit afa86d264a7ce62ba214bc7c6012e2129141421e:

  soc: fsl: dpio: remove redundant pointer 'priv' (2018-08-30 12:19:02 -0500)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/leo/linux.git tags/soc-fsl-next-v4.20-2

for you to fetch changes up to aeaf982954849e9d2bccffab138703be28edd2ae:

  soc: fsl: qbman: add interrupt coalesce changing APIs (2018-10-02 15:04:19 -0500)

----------------------------------------------------------------
NXP/FSL SoC drivers updates for v4.20 take 2

- Update qbman driver to better work with CPU hotplug
- Add Kconfig dependency of 64-bit DMA addressing for qbman driver
- Use last reponse to determine valid bit for qbman driver
- Defer bman_portals probe if bman is not probed
- Add interrupt coalescing APIs to qbman driver

----------------------------------------------------------------
Laurentiu Tudor (1):
      soc: fsl: bman_portals: defer probe after bman's probe

Madalin Bucur (2):
      soc: fsl: qbman: replace CPU 0 with any online CPU in hotplug handlers
      soc: fsl: qbman: add interrupt coalesce changing APIs

Roy Pledge (3):
      soc: fsl: qbman: Check if CPU is offline when initializing portals
      soc: fsl: qbman: Add 64 bit DMA addressing requirement to QBMan
      soc: fsl: qbman: Use last response to determine valid bit

 drivers/soc/fsl/qbman/Kconfig       |  2 +-
 drivers/soc/fsl/qbman/bman.c        |  6 ++---
 drivers/soc/fsl/qbman/bman_portal.c | 14 ++++++++--
 drivers/soc/fsl/qbman/dpaa_sys.h    | 20 ++++++++++++++
 drivers/soc/fsl/qbman/qman.c        | 53 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 drivers/soc/fsl/qbman/qman_portal.c |  6 +++--
 include/soc/fsl/qman.h              | 27 +++++++++++++++++++
 7 files changed, 113 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)

Comments

Arnd Bergmann Oct. 5, 2018, 3:37 p.m. | #1
On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 6:47 PM Li Yang <leoyang.li@nxp.com> wrote:
>
> Hi arm-soc maintainers,
>
> Please merge the following updates for next.
>
> PS.  One of the patches is depending on the last pull request for fixes to build
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10622883/
> I didn't include the fix patches directly in this pull request to prevent a
> complicated merge.  Please let me know if there is a more preferred approach
> to deal with dependencies between pull requests.

Sorry, I'd rather not pull it like this, because that would result in a
broken branch on my side that fails to build until it gets merged with
the other one.

I think the best way to handle this is for you to:

- start a branch on the afa86d264a7c commit that you already sent me
  for 4.20.
- merge the soc-fsl-fix-v4.19-2 branch that you sent me for 4.19 into
  that branch
- rebase all patches from tags/soc-fsl-next-v4.20-2 on top of the merge
- resend the pull request with the new branch

This will result in a bisectable (i.e. each commit builds and works) branch
that also merges cleanly with my fixes branch.

Generally speaking, every branch you send must work standalone,
and each commit in that branch can only depend on work that
comes earlier in that branch.

       Arnd
Leo Li Oct. 5, 2018, 5:55 p.m. | #2
On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 10:40 AM Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 6:47 PM Li Yang <leoyang.li@nxp.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi arm-soc maintainers,
> >
> > Please merge the following updates for next.
> >
> > PS.  One of the patches is depending on the last pull request for fixes to build
> > https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10622883/
> > I didn't include the fix patches directly in this pull request to prevent a
> > complicated merge.  Please let me know if there is a more preferred approach
> > to deal with dependencies between pull requests.
>
> Sorry, I'd rather not pull it like this, because that would result in a
> broken branch on my side that fails to build until it gets merged with
> the other one.
>
> I think the best way to handle this is for you to:
>
> - start a branch on the afa86d264a7c commit that you already sent me
>   for 4.20.
> - merge the soc-fsl-fix-v4.19-2 branch that you sent me for 4.19 into
>   that branch
> - rebase all patches from tags/soc-fsl-next-v4.20-2 on top of the merge
> - resend the pull request with the new branch

Thanks Arnd!   Will resubmit with this approach.

>
> This will result in a bisectable (i.e. each commit builds and works) branch
> that also merges cleanly with my fixes branch.
>
> Generally speaking, every branch you send must work standalone,
> and each commit in that branch can only depend on work that
> comes earlier in that branch.
>
>        Arnd