[GIT,PULL] fixes for soc/fsl drivers for v4.19
mbox series

Message ID 20180924221954.30473-1-leoyang.li@nxp.com
State New
Headers show
Series
  • [GIT,PULL] fixes for soc/fsl drivers for v4.19
Related show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/leo/linux.git tags/soc-fsl-fix-v4.19

Message

Li Yang Sept. 24, 2018, 10:19 p.m. UTC
Hi arm-soc maintainers,

Please pull soc/fsl drivers fixes for v4.19.

Regards,
Leo


The following changes since commit 5b394b2ddf0347bef56e50c69a58773c94343ff3:

  Linux 4.19-rc1 (2018-08-26 14:11:59 -0700)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/leo/linux.git tags/soc-fsl-fix-v4.19

for you to fetch changes up to 3cb31b634052ed458922e0c8e2b4b093d7fb60b9:

  soc: fsl: qe: Fix copy/paste bug in ucc_get_tdm_sync_shift() (2018-09-17 16:01:46 -0500)

----------------------------------------------------------------
NXP/FSL SoC driver fixes for v4.19

- Fix crash of qman_portal by deferring its probe if qman is not probed
- Fix NULL pointer dereference by adding more checks in qman_portal
- Fix copy/paste bug in ucc_get_tdm_sync_shift()

----------------------------------------------------------------
Alexandre Belloni (2):
      soc: fsl: qbman: qman_portal: defer probing when qman is not available
      soc: fsl: qbman: qman: avoid allocating from non existing gen_pool

Zhao Qiang (1):
      soc: fsl: qe: Fix copy/paste bug in ucc_get_tdm_sync_shift()

 drivers/soc/fsl/qbman/qman.c        | 3 +++
 drivers/soc/fsl/qbman/qman_portal.c | 2 ++
 drivers/soc/fsl/qe/ucc.c            | 2 +-
 3 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

Comments

Olof Johansson Sept. 25, 2018, 7:47 p.m. UTC | #1
Hi,

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 05:19:54PM -0500, Li Yang wrote:
> Hi arm-soc maintainers,
> 
> Please pull soc/fsl drivers fixes for v4.19.
> 
> Regards,
> Leo
> 
> 
> The following changes since commit 5b394b2ddf0347bef56e50c69a58773c94343ff3:
> 
>   Linux 4.19-rc1 (2018-08-26 14:11:59 -0700)
> 
> are available in the Git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/leo/linux.git tags/soc-fsl-fix-v4.19
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to 3cb31b634052ed458922e0c8e2b4b093d7fb60b9:
> 
>   soc: fsl: qe: Fix copy/paste bug in ucc_get_tdm_sync_shift() (2018-09-17 16:01:46 -0500)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> NXP/FSL SoC driver fixes for v4.19
> 
> - Fix crash of qman_portal by deferring its probe if qman is not probed
> - Fix NULL pointer dereference by adding more checks in qman_portal
> - Fix copy/paste bug in ucc_get_tdm_sync_shift()

Good summary, thanks!

However:

> Alexandre Belloni (2):
>       soc: fsl: qbman: qman_portal: defer probing when qman is not available

I think this fix has issues, I replied on the patch. Let me know if you want me
to cherry-pick the other two fixes for now.



-Olof
Li Yang Sept. 25, 2018, 8:19 p.m. UTC | #2
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net>
> Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 2:48 PM
> To: Leo Li <leoyang.li@nxp.com>
> Cc: arm@kernel.org; linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org; linux-
> kernel@vger.kernel.org; shawnguo@kernel.org
> Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] fixes for soc/fsl drivers for v4.19
> 
> Hi,
> 
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 05:19:54PM -0500, Li Yang wrote:
> > Hi arm-soc maintainers,
> >
> > Please pull soc/fsl drivers fixes for v4.19.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Leo
> >
> >
> > The following changes since commit
> 5b394b2ddf0347bef56e50c69a58773c94343ff3:
> >
> >   Linux 4.19-rc1 (2018-08-26 14:11:59 -0700)
> >
> > are available in the Git repository at:
> >
> >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/leo/linux.git
> > tags/soc-fsl-fix-v4.19
> >
> > for you to fetch changes up to
> 3cb31b634052ed458922e0c8e2b4b093d7fb60b9:
> >
> >   soc: fsl: qe: Fix copy/paste bug in ucc_get_tdm_sync_shift()
> > (2018-09-17 16:01:46 -0500)
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > NXP/FSL SoC driver fixes for v4.19
> >
> > - Fix crash of qman_portal by deferring its probe if qman is not
> > probed
> > - Fix NULL pointer dereference by adding more checks in qman_portal
> > - Fix copy/paste bug in ucc_get_tdm_sync_shift()
> 
> Good summary, thanks!
> 
> However:
> 
> > Alexandre Belloni (2):
> >       soc: fsl: qbman: qman_portal: defer probing when qman is not
> > available
> 
> I think this fix has issues, I replied on the patch. Let me know if you want me to
> cherry-pick the other two fixes for now.

Thanks for the review.  Please help to cherry-pick the other two.  I will work with the patch author for an update for the first one.

Regards,
Leo
Olof Johansson Sept. 26, 2018, 1:15 p.m. UTC | #3
On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 10:19 PM Leo Li <leoyang.li@nxp.com> wrote:

>
> Thanks for the review.  Please help to cherry-pick the other two.  I will work with the patch author for an update for the first one.

Done, thanks!


-Olof