@@ -2802,10 +2802,11 @@ int ata_eh_reset(struct ata_link *link, int classify,
- * Some controllers can't be frozen very well and may set
- * spuruious error conditions during reset. Clear accumulated
- * error information. As reset is the final recovery action,
- * nothing is lost by doing this.
+ * Some controllers can't be frozen very well and may set spurious
+ * error conditions during reset. Clear accumulated error
+ * information and re-thaw the port if frozen. As reset is the
+ * final recovery action and we cross check link onlineness against
+ * device classification later, no hotplug event is lost by this.
memset(&link->eh_info, 0, sizeof(link->eh_info));
@@ -2814,6 +2815,9 @@ int ata_eh_reset(struct ata_link *link, int classify,
ap->pflags &= ~ATA_PFLAG_EH_PENDING;
+ if (ap->pflags & ATA_PFLAG_FROZEN)
* Make sure onlineness and classification result correspond.
* Hotplug could have happened during reset and some