@@ -1,6 +1,7 @@
tristate "Memory Technology Device (MTD) support"
depends on HAS_IOMEM
+ select MTD_PARTITIONS
Memory Technology Devices are flash, RAM and similar chips, often
used for solid state file systems on embedded devices. This option
@@ -34,16 +35,7 @@ config MTD_TESTS
various checks and verifications when loaded.
- bool "MTD partitioning support"
- If you have a device which needs to divide its flash chip(s) up
- into multiple 'partitions', each of which appears to the user as
- a separate MTD device, you require this option to be enabled. If
- unsure, say 'Y'.
- Note, however, that you don't need this option for the DiskOnChip
- devices. Partitioning on NFTL 'devices' is a different - that's the
- 'normal' form of partitioning used on a block device.