[GIT,PULL] am654 changes for v4.19 merge window

Message ID pull-1532152828-552759@atomide.com
State New
Headers show
Series
  • [GIT,PULL] am654 changes for v4.19 merge window
Related show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap tags/am654-for-v4.19-signed

Message

Tony Lindgren July 21, 2018, 6:05 a.m.
From: "Tony Lindgren" <tony@atomide.com>

The following changes since commit ce397d215ccd07b8ae3f71db689aedb85d56ab40:

  Linux 4.18-rc1 (2018-06-17 08:04:49 +0900)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap tags/am654-for-v4.19-signed

for you to fetch changes up to d0a064bec75e20a526c7bc0d626912f2660b6e81:

  arm64: dts: ti: Add support for AM654 EVM base board (2018-07-18 11:48:36 -0700)

----------------------------------------------------------------
TI AM654 support for v4.19 merge window

This branch adds initial support for new Texas Instruments AM654
quad core A53 ARMv8 SoC. It's the first device for TI K3 multicore SoC
architecture.

Initially only basic devices are configured, support for more devices
will follow later on. And many of the internal devices familiar from
earlier TI SoCs should work with existing kernel device drivers.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Nishanth Menon (5):
      dt-bindings: arm: ti: Add bindings for AM654 SoC
      arm64: Add support for TI's K3 Multicore SoC architecture
      arm64: dts: ti: Add Support for AM654 SoC
      soc: ti: Add Support for AM654 SoC config option
      arm64: dts: ti: Add support for AM654 EVM base board

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/ti/k3.txt |  23 +++++
 MAINTAINERS                                     |   9 ++
 arch/arm64/Kconfig.platforms                    |   7 ++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/Makefile                    |   1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/ti/Makefile                 |   9 ++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/ti/k3-am65-main.dtsi        |  31 +++++++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/ti/k3-am65.dtsi             |  87 ++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/ti/k3-am654-base-board.dts  |  36 ++++++++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/ti/k3-am654.dtsi            | 115 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/soc/ti/Kconfig                          |  14 +++
 10 files changed, 332 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/ti/k3.txt
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/ti/Makefile
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/ti/k3-am65-main.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/ti/k3-am65.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/ti/k3-am654-base-board.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/ti/k3-am654.dtsi

Comments

Olof Johansson July 21, 2018, 10:07 p.m. | #1
On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 11:05:16PM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> From: "Tony Lindgren" <tony@atomide.com>
> 
> The following changes since commit ce397d215ccd07b8ae3f71db689aedb85d56ab40:
> 
>   Linux 4.18-rc1 (2018-06-17 08:04:49 +0900)
> 
> are available in the Git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap tags/am654-for-v4.19-signed
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to d0a064bec75e20a526c7bc0d626912f2660b6e81:
> 
>   arm64: dts: ti: Add support for AM654 EVM base board (2018-07-18 11:48:36 -0700)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> TI AM654 support for v4.19 merge window
> 
> This branch adds initial support for new Texas Instruments AM654
> quad core A53 ARMv8 SoC. It's the first device for TI K3 multicore SoC
> architecture.
> 
> Initially only basic devices are configured, support for more devices
> will follow later on. And many of the internal devices familiar from
> earlier TI SoCs should work with existing kernel device drivers.

I squinted a bit and merged this into next/dt. Might have been a bit cleaner to
split it in a SoC and a DT branch, but either way it's pretty small changes.

Should the support be enabled in arm64's defconfig?


-Olof
Tony Lindgren July 22, 2018, 6:40 a.m. | #2
* Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> [180721 22:28]:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 11:05:16PM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > From: "Tony Lindgren" <tony@atomide.com>
> > 
> > The following changes since commit ce397d215ccd07b8ae3f71db689aedb85d56ab40:
> > 
> >   Linux 4.18-rc1 (2018-06-17 08:04:49 +0900)
> > 
> > are available in the Git repository at:
> > 
> >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap tags/am654-for-v4.19-signed
> > 
> > for you to fetch changes up to d0a064bec75e20a526c7bc0d626912f2660b6e81:
> > 
> >   arm64: dts: ti: Add support for AM654 EVM base board (2018-07-18 11:48:36 -0700)
> > 
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > TI AM654 support for v4.19 merge window
> > 
> > This branch adds initial support for new Texas Instruments AM654
> > quad core A53 ARMv8 SoC. It's the first device for TI K3 multicore SoC
> > architecture.
> > 
> > Initially only basic devices are configured, support for more devices
> > will follow later on. And many of the internal devices familiar from
> > earlier TI SoCs should work with existing kernel device drivers.
> 
> I squinted a bit and merged this into next/dt. Might have been a bit cleaner to
> split it in a SoC and a DT branch, but either way it's pretty small changes.

OK yeah I could have done a separate branch for Kconfig changes.

> Should the support be enabled in arm64's defconfig?

Yes it should, Nishanth, care to check Linux next once your
patches are merged and send a patch for that?

Regards,

Tony
Nishanth Menon July 23, 2018, 1:06 p.m. | #3
On 06:40-20180722, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> [180721 22:28]:
> > On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 11:05:16PM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > > From: "Tony Lindgren" <tony@atomide.com>
> > > 
> > > The following changes since commit ce397d215ccd07b8ae3f71db689aedb85d56ab40:
> > > 
> > >   Linux 4.18-rc1 (2018-06-17 08:04:49 +0900)
> > > 
> > > are available in the Git repository at:
> > > 
> > >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap tags/am654-for-v4.19-signed
> > > 
> > > for you to fetch changes up to d0a064bec75e20a526c7bc0d626912f2660b6e81:
> > > 
> > >   arm64: dts: ti: Add support for AM654 EVM base board (2018-07-18 11:48:36 -0700)
> > > 
> > > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > > TI AM654 support for v4.19 merge window
> > > 
> > > This branch adds initial support for new Texas Instruments AM654
> > > quad core A53 ARMv8 SoC. It's the first device for TI K3 multicore SoC
> > > architecture.
> > > 
> > > Initially only basic devices are configured, support for more devices
> > > will follow later on. And many of the internal devices familiar from
> > > earlier TI SoCs should work with existing kernel device drivers.
> > 
> > I squinted a bit and merged this into next/dt. Might have been a bit cleaner to
> > split it in a SoC and a DT branch, but either way it's pretty small changes.
> 
> OK yeah I could have done a separate branch for Kconfig changes.

Thanks a bunch.

> 
> > Should the support be enabled in arm64's defconfig?
> 
> Yes it should, Nishanth, care to check Linux next once your
> patches are merged and send a patch for that?

Just checked next-20180723 - Seems to work for me[1]. I was holding off
the defconfig update to get the driver changes for base to get in. I
will send a ping on those and if i dont see any response, will send a
defconfig update by tomorrow.


[1] https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/MQ9cFH6Xzd/
Olof Johansson July 23, 2018, 4:18 p.m. | #4
On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 6:06 AM, Nishanth Menon <nm@ti.com> wrote:
> On 06:40-20180722, Tony Lindgren wrote:
>> * Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> [180721 22:28]:
>> > On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 11:05:16PM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
>> > > From: "Tony Lindgren" <tony@atomide.com>
>> > >
>> > > The following changes since commit ce397d215ccd07b8ae3f71db689aedb85d56ab40:
>> > >
>> > >   Linux 4.18-rc1 (2018-06-17 08:04:49 +0900)
>> > >
>> > > are available in the Git repository at:
>> > >
>> > >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap tags/am654-for-v4.19-signed
>> > >
>> > > for you to fetch changes up to d0a064bec75e20a526c7bc0d626912f2660b6e81:
>> > >
>> > >   arm64: dts: ti: Add support for AM654 EVM base board (2018-07-18 11:48:36 -0700)
>> > >
>> > > ----------------------------------------------------------------
>> > > TI AM654 support for v4.19 merge window
>> > >
>> > > This branch adds initial support for new Texas Instruments AM654
>> > > quad core A53 ARMv8 SoC. It's the first device for TI K3 multicore SoC
>> > > architecture.
>> > >
>> > > Initially only basic devices are configured, support for more devices
>> > > will follow later on. And many of the internal devices familiar from
>> > > earlier TI SoCs should work with existing kernel device drivers.
>> >
>> > I squinted a bit and merged this into next/dt. Might have been a bit cleaner to
>> > split it in a SoC and a DT branch, but either way it's pretty small changes.
>>
>> OK yeah I could have done a separate branch for Kconfig changes.
>
> Thanks a bunch.
>
>>
>> > Should the support be enabled in arm64's defconfig?
>>
>> Yes it should, Nishanth, care to check Linux next once your
>> patches are merged and send a patch for that?
>
> Just checked next-20180723 - Seems to work for me[1]. I was holding off
> the defconfig update to get the driver changes for base to get in. I
> will send a ping on those and if i dont see any response, will send a
> defconfig update by tomorrow.

Feel free to send a patch right after -rc1 to turn on new
options/drivers that have landed in the merge window. If it's just a
few lines we can apply and merge it at that time.


-Olof