[GIT,PULL] Amlogic 64-bit DT changes for v4.19 (redo)

Message ID 7ha7ql6goi.fsf@baylibre.com
State New
Headers show
Series
  • [GIT,PULL] Amlogic 64-bit DT changes for v4.19 (redo)
Related show

Pull-request

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-amlogic.git tags/amlogic-dt64-1

Message

Kevin Hilman July 20, 2018, 4 p.m.
Olof,

Here's the re-do of the pull that was missing Signed-off-by tags,
pointed out by Stephen Rothwell.

Kevin



The following changes since commit ce397d215ccd07b8ae3f71db689aedb85d56ab40:

  Linux 4.18-rc1 (2018-06-17 08:04:49 +0900)

are available in the git repository at:

  https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-amlogic.git tags/amlogic-dt64-1

for you to fetch changes up to 89803e8b26569bdf5798f8745a4c708bf9360ee6:

  ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add pdm pins (2018-07-20 08:18:37 -0700)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Amlogic 64-bit DT updates for v4.19
- new SoC: S805x
- new board: S805x-based P241 board from Amlogic
- AXG: add ADC support w/buttons, add pins for PDM, SPDIF
- AXG: s400 board: preliminary support for audio
- GX: nanopi-k2: add HDMI, CEC, CVBS support

----------------------------------------------------------------
Jerome Brunet (9):
      ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add s400 microphone card leds
      ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add s400 main 12v supply
      ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add s400 speaker amplifier
      ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add spdif output pins
      ARM64: dts: meson-axg: remove vddio_ao18 from SoC dtsi
      ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add adc buttons the S400
      ARM64: dts: meson-axg: remove spdif out from gpio a7
      ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add spdif input pins
      ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add pdm pins

Martin Blumenstingl (2):
      ARM64: dts: meson: enable the saradc node in meson-gx-p23x-q20x.dtsi
      ARM64: dts: meson-gx-p23x-q20x: move the wifi node to each board's .dts

Neil Armstrong (3):
      ARM64: dts: meson-gxbb-nanopi-k2: Add HDMI, CEC and CVBS nodes
      dt-bindings: amlogic: Add support for GXL S805X and the P241 board
      ARM64: dts: add S805X based P241 board

Viresh Kumar (1):
      ARM64: dts: amlogic: Add missing cooling device properties for CPUs

Xingyu Chen (1):
      ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add saradc support

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/amlogic.txt     |   6 ++++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/Makefile                  |   1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-axg-s400.dts        | 111 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-axg.dtsi            | 126 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gx-p23x-q20x.dtsi   |  17 ++++++---
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxbb-nanopi-k2.dts  |  48 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxl-s805x-p241.dts  | 218 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905d-p230.dts  |  15 +++-----
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905d-p231.dts  |   7 ++++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dts |  24 +++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxm-q200.dts        |  15 +++-----
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxm-q201.dts        |   7 ++++
 12 files changed, 570 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxl-s805x-p241.dts

Comments

Olof Johansson July 21, 2018, 9:52 p.m. | #1
On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 11:00:13AM -0500, Kevin Hilman wrote:
> Olof,
> 
> Here's the re-do of the pull that was missing Signed-off-by tags,
> pointed out by Stephen Rothwell.
> 
> Kevin
> 
> 
> 
> The following changes since commit ce397d215ccd07b8ae3f71db689aedb85d56ab40:
> 
>   Linux 4.18-rc1 (2018-06-17 08:04:49 +0900)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-amlogic.git tags/amlogic-dt64-1
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to 89803e8b26569bdf5798f8745a4c708bf9360ee6:
> 
>   ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add pdm pins (2018-07-20 08:18:37 -0700)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Amlogic 64-bit DT updates for v4.19
> - new SoC: S805x
> - new board: S805x-based P241 board from Amlogic
> - AXG: add ADC support w/buttons, add pins for PDM, SPDIF
> - AXG: s400 board: preliminary support for audio
> - GX: nanopi-k2: add HDMI, CEC, CVBS support
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Jerome Brunet (9):
>       ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add s400 microphone card leds
>       ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add s400 main 12v supply
>       ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add s400 speaker amplifier
>       ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add spdif output pins
>       ARM64: dts: meson-axg: remove vddio_ao18 from SoC dtsi
>       ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add adc buttons the S400
>       ARM64: dts: meson-axg: remove spdif out from gpio a7
>       ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add spdif input pins
>       ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add pdm pins

I've started being a little grumpy with others to keep it consistent, and
you're consistent internally but not against other platforms: We use "arm64" or
ARM" as prefixes, not ARM64/arm.

I think it's time for a checkpatch rule for this, it's a bit silly to have to
point it out all the time since people seem to get it wrong so often.

I'll merge this for now and look at adding the rules.



-Olof
Jerome Brunet July 23, 2018, 10:02 a.m. | #2
On Sat, 2018-07-21 at 14:52 -0700, Olof Johansson wrote:
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > Amlogic 64-bit DT updates for v4.19
> > - new SoC: S805x
> > - new board: S805x-based P241 board from Amlogic
> > - AXG: add ADC support w/buttons, add pins for PDM, SPDIF
> > - AXG: s400 board: preliminary support for audio
> > - GX: nanopi-k2: add HDMI, CEC, CVBS support
> > 
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > Jerome Brunet (9):
> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add s400 microphone card leds
> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add s400 main 12v supply
> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add s400 speaker amplifier
> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add spdif output pins
> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: remove vddio_ao18 from SoC dtsi
> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add adc buttons the S400
> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: remove spdif out from gpio a7
> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add spdif input pins
> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add pdm pins
> 
> I've started being a little grumpy with others to keep it consistent, and
> you're consistent internally but not against other platforms: We use "arm64" or
> ARM" as prefixes, not ARM64/arm.
> 
> I think it's time for a checkpatch rule for this, it's a bit silly to have to
> point it out all the time since people seem to get it wrong so often.
> 
> I'll merge this for now and look at adding the rules.

Hi Olof,

Just to be clear, from now on, you request that we use 'arm64' as prefix,
instead of 'ARM64' ? 

And we should continue with 'ARM' for the 32bits arch (and not 'arm'), right ?

Best Regards
Jerome
Olof Johansson July 23, 2018, 4:23 p.m. | #3
On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 3:02 AM, Jerome Brunet <jbrunet@baylibre.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2018-07-21 at 14:52 -0700, Olof Johansson wrote:
>> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
>> > Amlogic 64-bit DT updates for v4.19
>> > - new SoC: S805x
>> > - new board: S805x-based P241 board from Amlogic
>> > - AXG: add ADC support w/buttons, add pins for PDM, SPDIF
>> > - AXG: s400 board: preliminary support for audio
>> > - GX: nanopi-k2: add HDMI, CEC, CVBS support
>> >
>> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
>> > Jerome Brunet (9):
>> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add s400 microphone card leds
>> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add s400 main 12v supply
>> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add s400 speaker amplifier
>> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add spdif output pins
>> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: remove vddio_ao18 from SoC dtsi
>> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add adc buttons the S400
>> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: remove spdif out from gpio a7
>> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add spdif input pins
>> >        ARM64: dts: meson-axg: add pdm pins
>>
>> I've started being a little grumpy with others to keep it consistent, and
>> you're consistent internally but not against other platforms: We use "arm64" or
>> ARM" as prefixes, not ARM64/arm.
>>
>> I think it's time for a checkpatch rule for this, it's a bit silly to have to
>> point it out all the time since people seem to get it wrong so often.
>>
>> I'll merge this for now and look at adding the rules.
>
> Hi Olof,
>
> Just to be clear, from now on, you request that we use 'arm64' as prefix,
> instead of 'ARM64' ?
>
> And we should continue with 'ARM' for the 32bits arch (and not 'arm'), right ?

Jerome,

Confirmed; Plesae use 'arm64: dts: meson: ..." on 64-bit, and "ARM:
dts: meson: ..." on 32-bit, at least until further notice.

I know, I know, it's not ideal. Getting a fix into checkpatch will help.



-Olof