[GIT,PULL] ARM: mvebu: dt64 for v4.19 (#2)

Message ID 87sh4e8eym.fsf@bootlin.com
State New
Headers show
Series
  • [GIT,PULL] ARM: mvebu: dt64 for v4.19 (#2)
Related show

Pull-request

git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu.git tags/mvebu-dt64-4.19-2

Message

Gregory CLEMENT July 20, 2018, 8:54 a.m.
Hi,

Here is the second pull request for dt64 for mvebu for v4.19.

Gregory

The following changes since commit 4436a3711e3249840e0679e92d3c951bcaf25515:

  arm64: dts: marvell: armada-37xx: reserve memory for ATF (2018-06-29 16:39:03 +0200)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu.git tags/mvebu-dt64-4.19-2

for you to fetch changes up to c462f6c77e72804b72e008a91c4b6fa8d9b4b265:

  arm64: dts: marvell: armada-37xx: update the crypto engine compatible (2018-07-13 13:42:03 +0200)

----------------------------------------------------------------
mvebu dt64 for 4.19 (part 2)

Use more specific compatible for the Inside Secure SafeXcel on the
Armada 37xx and the Armada 7K/8K SoCs.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Antoine Tenart (2):
      arm64: dts: marvell: armada-cp110: update the crypto engine compatible
      arm64: dts: marvell: armada-37xx: update the crypto engine compatible

 arch/arm64/boot/dts/marvell/armada-37xx.dtsi  | 2 +-
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/marvell/armada-cp110.dtsi | 2 +-
 2 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

Comments

Olof Johansson July 21, 2018, 9:33 p.m. | #1
On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 10:54:25AM +0200, Gregory CLEMENT wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Here is the second pull request for dt64 for mvebu for v4.19.
> 
> Gregory
> 
> The following changes since commit 4436a3711e3249840e0679e92d3c951bcaf25515:
> 
>   arm64: dts: marvell: armada-37xx: reserve memory for ATF (2018-06-29 16:39:03 +0200)
> 
> are available in the Git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu.git tags/mvebu-dt64-4.19-2
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to c462f6c77e72804b72e008a91c4b6fa8d9b4b265:
> 
>   arm64: dts: marvell: armada-37xx: update the crypto engine compatible (2018-07-13 13:42:03 +0200)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> mvebu dt64 for 4.19 (part 2)
> 
> Use more specific compatible for the Inside Secure SafeXcel on the
> Armada 37xx and the Armada 7K/8K SoCs.

I'll reply to the patches -- usually compatible should go from specific to
generic and you're replacing here instead of adding a more specific first. You
probably want to do the former instead.

Not merged, let's settle discussion on the patch first.


-Olof
Gregory CLEMENT July 31, 2018, 9:32 a.m. | #2
Hi Olof,
 
 On sam., juil. 21 2018, Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 10:54:25AM +0200, Gregory CLEMENT wrote:
>> Hi,
>> 
>> Here is the second pull request for dt64 for mvebu for v4.19.
>> 
>> Gregory
>> 
>> The following changes since commit 4436a3711e3249840e0679e92d3c951bcaf25515:
>> 
>>   arm64: dts: marvell: armada-37xx: reserve memory for ATF (2018-06-29 16:39:03 +0200)
>> 
>> are available in the Git repository at:
>> 
>>   git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu.git tags/mvebu-dt64-4.19-2
>> 
>> for you to fetch changes up to c462f6c77e72804b72e008a91c4b6fa8d9b4b265:
>> 
>>   arm64: dts: marvell: armada-37xx: update the crypto engine compatible (2018-07-13 13:42:03 +0200)
>> 
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>> mvebu dt64 for 4.19 (part 2)
>> 
>> Use more specific compatible for the Inside Secure SafeXcel on the
>> Armada 37xx and the Armada 7K/8K SoCs.
>
> I'll reply to the patches -- usually compatible should go from specific to
> generic and you're replacing here instead of adding a more specific first. You
> probably want to do the former instead.
>
> Not merged, let's settle discussion on the patch first.

Now that Antoine explained the reason for replacing the compatible, will
you pull the branch?

Gregory

>
>
> -Olof
Olof Johansson Aug. 1, 2018, 2:07 a.m. | #3
On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 2:32 AM, Gregory CLEMENT
<gregory.clement@bootlin.com> wrote:
> Hi Olof,
>
>  On sam., juil. 21 2018, Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 10:54:25AM +0200, Gregory CLEMENT wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here is the second pull request for dt64 for mvebu for v4.19.
>>>
>>> Gregory
>>>
>>> The following changes since commit 4436a3711e3249840e0679e92d3c951bcaf25515:
>>>
>>>   arm64: dts: marvell: armada-37xx: reserve memory for ATF (2018-06-29 16:39:03 +0200)
>>>
>>> are available in the Git repository at:
>>>
>>>   git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu.git tags/mvebu-dt64-4.19-2
>>>
>>> for you to fetch changes up to c462f6c77e72804b72e008a91c4b6fa8d9b4b265:
>>>
>>>   arm64: dts: marvell: armada-37xx: update the crypto engine compatible (2018-07-13 13:42:03 +0200)
>>>
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>>> mvebu dt64 for 4.19 (part 2)
>>>
>>> Use more specific compatible for the Inside Secure SafeXcel on the
>>> Armada 37xx and the Armada 7K/8K SoCs.
>>
>> I'll reply to the patches -- usually compatible should go from specific to
>> generic and you're replacing here instead of adding a more specific first. You
>> probably want to do the former instead.
>>
>> Not merged, let's settle discussion on the patch first.
>
> Now that Antoine explained the reason for replacing the compatible, will
> you pull the branch?

Yeah, seems reasonable. Merged!


-Olof