@@ -2802,19 +2802,6 @@ int ata_eh_reset(struct ata_link *link, int classify,
- * Some controllers can't be frozen very well and may set
- * spuruious error conditions during reset. Clear accumulated
- * error information. As reset is the final recovery action,
- * nothing is lost by doing this.
- spin_lock_irqsave(link->ap->lock, flags);
- memset(&link->eh_info, 0, sizeof(link->eh_info));
- if (slave)
- memset(&slave->eh_info, 0, sizeof(link->eh_info));
- ap->pflags &= ~ATA_PFLAG_EH_PENDING;
- spin_unlock_irqrestore(link->ap->lock, flags);
* Make sure onlineness and classification result correspond.
* Hotplug could have happened during reset and some
* controllers fail to wait while a drive is spinning up after