Patchwork [PULL] Migration of misc devices

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Juan Quintela
Date April 17, 2011, 8:08 p.m.
Message ID <m3zknomyil.fsf@neno.mitica>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/91583/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://repo.or.cz/qemu/quintela.git vmstate-misc-devices-v2

Comments

Juan Quintela - April 17, 2011, 8:08 p.m.
The following changes since commit a0102082de4026833afbd2525e8a6320d1f92885:

  usb: fix spelling errors in usb-linux.c (2011-04-16 12:24:28 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://repo.or.cz/qemu/quintela.git vmstate-misc-devices-v2

Juan Quintela (45):
      vmstate: port adb_kbd
      vmstate: port adb_mouse
      vmstate: port ads7846
      vmstate: port m48t59
      vmstate: port mipsnet
      vmstate: port arm sp804
      vmstate: port arm_timer
      vmstate: port sysborg_timer
      vmstate: port pmtimer
      vmstate: port syborg_rtc
      vmstate: port pxa2xx_keypad
      vmstate: port pl011
      vmstate: port armv7m nvic
      vmstate: port stellaris i2c
      vmstate: port stellaris ssi bus
      vmstate: port stellaris sys
      vmstate: port pl022 ssp
      vmstate: port heathrow_pic
      vmstate: port cuda
      vmstate: port stellaris gptm
      vmstate: port pxa2xx_i2s
      vmstate: port pxa2xx_cm
      vmstate: port pxa2xx_mm
      vmstate: port pxa2xx_pm
      vmstate: port ppce500_pci
      vmstate: port ppc4xx_pci
      vmstate: port syborg_pointer
      vmstate: port stellaris_adc
      vmstate: port syborg_serial
      vmstate: port syborg_keyboard
      vmstate: port stellaris gamepad
      vmstate: stellaris use unused for placeholder entries
      pxa2xx_lcd: name anonymous struct
      pxa2xx_lcd: up field is used as a bool and migrated as an uint8_t
      vmstate: port pxa2xx_lcd
      max111x: input field is only used as uint8_t
      vmstate: port max111x
      nand: pin values are uint8_t
      vmstate: port nand
      mac_nvram: size is a size, no need to be a target dependent type
      vmstate: port mac_nvram
      piix4: create PIIX4State
      vmstate: port piix4
      mac_dbdma: create DBDMAState instead of passing one array around
      vmstate: port mac_dbdma

 hw/adb.c             |   83 +++++---------
 hw/ads7846.c         |   41 +++----
 hw/arm_timer.c       |   66 ++++-------
 hw/armv7m_nvic.c     |   39 ++----
 hw/cuda.c            |  116 +++++++-----------
 hw/flash.h           |    4 +-
 hw/heathrow_pic.c    |   62 ++++------
 hw/hw.h              |   17 ++-
 hw/m48t59.c          |   36 ++----
 hw/mac_dbdma.c       |   83 +++++++------
 hw/mac_nvram.c       |   32 ++---
 hw/max111x.c         |   51 +++-----
 hw/mipsnet.c         |   53 +++------
 hw/nand.c            |   79 +++++++------
 hw/piix4.c           |   44 ++++----
 hw/pl011.c           |   76 ++++--------
 hw/pl022.c           |   84 ++++++--------
 hw/ppc4xx_pci.c      |   80 ++++++-------
 hw/ppce500_pci.c     |   87 ++++++--------
 hw/ptimer.c          |   59 +++-------
 hw/pxa2xx.c          |  158 +++++++++----------------
 hw/pxa2xx_keypad.c   |   53 +++------
 hw/pxa2xx_lcd.c      |  138 +++++++++-------------
 hw/stellaris.c       |  323 +++++++++++++++++---------------------------------
 hw/stellaris_input.c |   50 ++++----
 hw/syborg_keyboard.c |   57 +++------
 hw/syborg_pointer.c  |   73 +++++-------
 hw/syborg_rtc.c      |   34 ++----
 hw/syborg_serial.c   |   60 +++-------
 hw/syborg_timer.c    |   46 +++-----
 qemu-timer.h         |    2 -
 31 files changed, 854 insertions(+), 1332 deletions(-)
Anthony Liguori - April 18, 2011, 3:12 p.m.
On 04/17/2011 03:08 PM, Juan Quintela wrote:
> 
> 
> The following changes since commit a0102082de4026833afbd2525e8a6320d1f92885:
> 
>   usb: fix spelling errors in usb-linux.c (2011-04-16 12:24:28 +0100)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
>   git://repo.or.cz/qemu/quintela.git vmstate-misc-devices-v2

Migration appears to be broken for me.  It's not caused by this series
but I'm surprised you didn't encounter it.  Maybe it's my kernel version?

My suspicion is that the cause of this is:

commit 0ec329dab938e2d97d12a91f8ed15fec27b325e0
Author: Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka@siemens.com>
Date:   Mon Feb 7 12:19:26 2011 +0100

    kvm: x86: Introduce kvmclock device to save/restore its state

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

> Juan Quintela (45):
>       vmstate: port adb_kbd
>       vmstate: port adb_mouse
>       vmstate: port ads7846
>       vmstate: port m48t59
>       vmstate: port mipsnet
>       vmstate: port arm sp804
>       vmstate: port arm_timer
>       vmstate: port sysborg_timer
>       vmstate: port pmtimer
>       vmstate: port syborg_rtc
>       vmstate: port pxa2xx_keypad
>       vmstate: port pl011
>       vmstate: port armv7m nvic
>       vmstate: port stellaris i2c
>       vmstate: port stellaris ssi bus
>       vmstate: port stellaris sys
>       vmstate: port pl022 ssp
>       vmstate: port heathrow_pic
>       vmstate: port cuda
>       vmstate: port stellaris gptm
>       vmstate: port pxa2xx_i2s
>       vmstate: port pxa2xx_cm
>       vmstate: port pxa2xx_mm
>       vmstate: port pxa2xx_pm
>       vmstate: port ppce500_pci
>       vmstate: port ppc4xx_pci
>       vmstate: port syborg_pointer
>       vmstate: port stellaris_adc
>       vmstate: port syborg_serial
>       vmstate: port syborg_keyboard
>       vmstate: port stellaris gamepad
>       vmstate: stellaris use unused for placeholder entries
>       pxa2xx_lcd: name anonymous struct
>       pxa2xx_lcd: up field is used as a bool and migrated as an uint8_t
>       vmstate: port pxa2xx_lcd
>       max111x: input field is only used as uint8_t
>       vmstate: port max111x
>       nand: pin values are uint8_t
>       vmstate: port nand
>       mac_nvram: size is a size, no need to be a target dependent type
>       vmstate: port mac_nvram
>       piix4: create PIIX4State
>       vmstate: port piix4
>       mac_dbdma: create DBDMAState instead of passing one array around
>       vmstate: port mac_dbdma
> 
>  hw/adb.c             |   83 +++++---------
>  hw/ads7846.c         |   41 +++----
>  hw/arm_timer.c       |   66 ++++-------
>  hw/armv7m_nvic.c     |   39 ++----
>  hw/cuda.c            |  116 +++++++-----------
>  hw/flash.h           |    4 +-
>  hw/heathrow_pic.c    |   62 ++++------
>  hw/hw.h              |   17 ++-
>  hw/m48t59.c          |   36 ++----
>  hw/mac_dbdma.c       |   83 +++++++------
>  hw/mac_nvram.c       |   32 ++---
>  hw/max111x.c         |   51 +++-----
>  hw/mipsnet.c         |   53 +++------
>  hw/nand.c            |   79 +++++++------
>  hw/piix4.c           |   44 ++++----
>  hw/pl011.c           |   76 ++++--------
>  hw/pl022.c           |   84 ++++++--------
>  hw/ppc4xx_pci.c      |   80 ++++++-------
>  hw/ppce500_pci.c     |   87 ++++++--------
>  hw/ptimer.c          |   59 +++-------
>  hw/pxa2xx.c          |  158 +++++++++----------------
>  hw/pxa2xx_keypad.c   |   53 +++------
>  hw/pxa2xx_lcd.c      |  138 +++++++++-------------
>  hw/stellaris.c       |  323 +++++++++++++++++---------------------------------
>  hw/stellaris_input.c |   50 ++++----
>  hw/syborg_keyboard.c |   57 +++------
>  hw/syborg_pointer.c  |   73 +++++-------
>  hw/syborg_rtc.c      |   34 ++----
>  hw/syborg_serial.c   |   60 +++-------
>  hw/syborg_timer.c    |   46 +++-----
>  qemu-timer.h         |    2 -
>  31 files changed, 854 insertions(+), 1332 deletions(-)
> 
>
Jan Kiszka - April 18, 2011, 3:36 p.m.
On 2011-04-18 17:12, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> On 04/17/2011 03:08 PM, Juan Quintela wrote:
>>
>>
>> The following changes since commit a0102082de4026833afbd2525e8a6320d1f92885:
>>
>>   usb: fix spelling errors in usb-linux.c (2011-04-16 12:24:28 +0100)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>   git://repo.or.cz/qemu/quintela.git vmstate-misc-devices-v2
> 
> Migration appears to be broken for me.  It's not caused by this series
> but I'm surprised you didn't encounter it.  Maybe it's my kernel version?
> 
> My suspicion is that the cause of this is:
> 
> commit 0ec329dab938e2d97d12a91f8ed15fec27b325e0
> Author: Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka@siemens.com>
> Date:   Mon Feb 7 12:19:26 2011 +0100
> 
>     kvm: x86: Introduce kvmclock device to save/restore its state

Can you prove your suspicion a bit by retrying with -cpu ...,-kvmclock?
Is your guest using kvmclock? Are you migrating from old to new or
between new versions?

Jan
Anthony Liguori - April 18, 2011, 3:44 p.m.
On 04/18/2011 10:36 AM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> On 2011-04-18 17:12, Anthony Liguori wrote:
>> On 04/17/2011 03:08 PM, Juan Quintela wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> The following changes since commit a0102082de4026833afbd2525e8a6320d1f92885:
>>>
>>>   usb: fix spelling errors in usb-linux.c (2011-04-16 12:24:28 +0100)
>>>
>>> are available in the git repository at:
>>>   git://repo.or.cz/qemu/quintela.git vmstate-misc-devices-v2
>>
>> Migration appears to be broken for me.  It's not caused by this series
>> but I'm surprised you didn't encounter it.  Maybe it's my kernel version?
>>
>> My suspicion is that the cause of this is:
>>
>> commit 0ec329dab938e2d97d12a91f8ed15fec27b325e0
>> Author: Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka@siemens.com>
>> Date:   Mon Feb 7 12:19:26 2011 +0100
>>
>>     kvm: x86: Introduce kvmclock device to save/restore its state
> 
> Can you prove your suspicion a bit by retrying with -cpu ...,-kvmclock?
> Is your guest using kvmclock? Are you migrating from old to new or
> between new versions?

Heh, it turns out I was migrating from KVM to TCG :-)

This changeset "breaks" that but I don't think I'd count this as a
supported use-case so I don't count it as a regression.

So ignore the noise here.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

> Jan
>
Jan Kiszka - April 18, 2011, 3:54 p.m.
On 2011-04-18 17:44, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> On 04/18/2011 10:36 AM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
>> On 2011-04-18 17:12, Anthony Liguori wrote:
>>> On 04/17/2011 03:08 PM, Juan Quintela wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> The following changes since commit a0102082de4026833afbd2525e8a6320d1f92885:
>>>>
>>>>   usb: fix spelling errors in usb-linux.c (2011-04-16 12:24:28 +0100)
>>>>
>>>> are available in the git repository at:
>>>>   git://repo.or.cz/qemu/quintela.git vmstate-misc-devices-v2
>>>
>>> Migration appears to be broken for me.  It's not caused by this series
>>> but I'm surprised you didn't encounter it.  Maybe it's my kernel version?
>>>
>>> My suspicion is that the cause of this is:
>>>
>>> commit 0ec329dab938e2d97d12a91f8ed15fec27b325e0
>>> Author: Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka@siemens.com>
>>> Date:   Mon Feb 7 12:19:26 2011 +0100
>>>
>>>     kvm: x86: Introduce kvmclock device to save/restore its state
>>
>> Can you prove your suspicion a bit by retrying with -cpu ...,-kvmclock?
>> Is your guest using kvmclock? Are you migrating from old to new or
>> between new versions?
> 
> Heh, it turns out I was migrating from KVM to TCG :-)
> 
> This changeset "breaks" that but I don't think I'd count this as a
> supported use-case so I don't count it as a regression.

I would say it now breaks earlier and less subtly. :)

Jan
Juan Quintela - April 18, 2011, 4:42 p.m.
Anthony Liguori <anthony@codemonkey.ws> wrote:
> On 04/17/2011 03:08 PM, Juan Quintela wrote:
>> 
>> 
>> The following changes since commit a0102082de4026833afbd2525e8a6320d1f92885:
>> 
>>   usb: fix spelling errors in usb-linux.c (2011-04-16 12:24:28 +0100)
>> 
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>   git://repo.or.cz/qemu/quintela.git vmstate-misc-devices-v2
>
> Migration appears to be broken for me.  It's not caused by this series
> but I'm surprised you didn't encounter it.  Maybe it's my kernel version?
>
> My suspicion is that the cause of this is:
>
> commit 0ec329dab938e2d97d12a91f8ed15fec27b325e0
> Author: Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka@siemens.com>
> Date:   Mon Feb 7 12:19:26 2011 +0100
>
>     kvm: x86: Introduce kvmclock device to save/restore its state

GPE is broken.  see Isazu & Avi comments.  It worked for me with Sunday
tree, will retry now.

Later, Juan.