[GIT,PULL] Gemini DTS updates for v4.14 take one

Message ID CACRpkdZYn1OXayC8ZdPeGJZ_ShQ5drRqVv5WBj3mdevqsHbCcw@mail.gmail.com
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-nomadik.git

Message

Linus Walleij Aug. 8, 2017, 12:25 p.m.
Hi ARM SoC guys,

this is the first set of DTS patches for Gemini for v4.14.

- Moves to using macros (patch submitted to be applied on
  top of v4.13-rc1 but it was missed, whatever)

- New DTS for the D-Link DIR-685

- Modify all device trees to include proper pin control.

This is infrastructure for any future extensions of the platform
so it is all nice to have in place.

Please pull it in on some appropriate branch!

Yours,
Linus Walleij

The following changes since commit 5771a8c08880cdca3bfb4a3fc6d309d6bba20877:

  Linux v4.13-rc1 (2017-07-15 15:22:10 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-nomadik.git
tags/gemini-dts-1

for you to fetch changes up to f328c2eac5d729a3654d2cef469b9e4acc338c4e:

  ARM: dts: gemini: add pin control set-up for the SoC (2017-08-08
14:20:00 +0200)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Gemini DTS updates for ARM SoC take one.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Linus Walleij (3):
      ARM: dts: gemini: Switch to using macros
      ARM: dts: Add DTS file for D-Link DIR-685
      ARM: dts: gemini: add pin control set-up for the SoC

 arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile                 |   1 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/gemini-dlink-dir-685.dts | 246 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/gemini-nas4220b.dts      |  24 +++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/gemini-rut1xx.dts        |  39 +++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/gemini-sq201.dts         |  36 ++++-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/gemini-wbd111.dts        |  26 +++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/gemini-wbd222.dts        |  26 +++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/gemini.dtsi              | 173 ++++++++++++++++----
 8 files changed, 543 insertions(+), 28 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/gemini-dlink-dir-685.dts

Comments

Arnd Bergmann Aug. 16, 2017, 9:19 p.m. | #1
On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org> wrote:
> Hi ARM SoC guys,
>
> this is the first set of DTS patches for Gemini for v4.14.
>
> - Moves to using macros (patch submitted to be applied on
>   top of v4.13-rc1 but it was missed, whatever)
>
> - New DTS for the D-Link DIR-685

Nice one! I had to look up what this actually is, apparently you can still
buy them new after all those years.

> - Modify all device trees to include proper pin control.
>
> This is infrastructure for any future extensions of the platform
> so it is all nice to have in place.
>
> Please pull it in on some appropriate branch!

Pulled into next/dt, thanks!

       Arnd
Linus Walleij Aug. 17, 2017, 9:14 a.m. | #2
On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 11:19 PM, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 2:25 PM, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org> wrote:
>> Hi ARM SoC guys,
>>
>> this is the first set of DTS patches for Gemini for v4.14.
>>
>> - Moves to using macros (patch submitted to be applied on
>>   top of v4.13-rc1 but it was missed, whatever)
>>
>> - New DTS for the D-Link DIR-685
>
> Nice one! I had to look up what this actually is, apparently you can still
> buy them new after all those years.

Yeah it's amazing, I bought mine all new from Israel. Shrinkwrapped
and in mint condition. I suspect D-Link do not produce anything in small
series and there are literally hundreds of thousands of these.

Bonus image:
https://dflund.se/~triad/krad/dlink-dir-685/dir-685-console-large.jpg

DIR-685 with penguin splash logo and console. The console is a
bit hard to use with just the keys on the front of the router though,
only ENTER is meaningful :D

Yours,
Linus Walleij