[GIT,PULL,1/4] soc/tegra: Changes for v4.13-rc1

Submitted by Thierry Reding on June 16, 2017, 8:13 a.m.

Details

Message ID 20170616081306.11505-1-thierry.reding@gmail.com
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux.git tags/tegra-for-4.13-soc

Commit Message

Thierry Reding June 16, 2017, 8:13 a.m.
Hi ARM SoC maintainers,

The following changes since commit 2ea659a9ef488125eb46da6eb571de5eae5c43f6:

  Linux 4.12-rc1 (2017-05-13 13:19:49 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux.git tags/tegra-for-4.13-soc

for you to fetch changes up to da1dbec1be2b54c16649e33e479708a55156e311:

  soc/tegra: flowctrl: Fix error handling (2017-06-13 16:47:44 +0200)

Thanks,
Thierry

----------------------------------------------------------------
soc/tegra: Changes for v4.13-rc1

This contains an implementation of generic PM domains for Tegra186,
based on the BPMP powergate request.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Christophe Jaillet (1):
      soc/tegra: flowctrl: Fix error handling

Thierry Reding (3):
      PM / Domains: Allow overriding the ->xlate() callback
      soc/tegra: bpmp: Update ABI header
      soc/tegra: bpmp: Implement generic PM domains

 drivers/base/power/domain.c        |   8 +-
 drivers/firmware/tegra/bpmp.c      |   4 +
 drivers/soc/tegra/Kconfig          |   5 +
 drivers/soc/tegra/Makefile         |   1 +
 drivers/soc/tegra/flowctrl.c       |   2 +-
 drivers/soc/tegra/powergate-bpmp.c | 359 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 include/linux/pm_domain.h          |   4 +
 include/soc/tegra/bpmp-abi.h       | 418 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 include/soc/tegra/bpmp.h           |  12 ++
 9 files changed, 798 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/soc/tegra/powergate-bpmp.c
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-tegra" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Comments

Olof Johansson June 19, 2017, 4 a.m.
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 10:13:03AM +0200, Thierry Reding wrote:
> Hi ARM SoC maintainers,
> 
> The following changes since commit 2ea659a9ef488125eb46da6eb571de5eae5c43f6:
> 
>   Linux 4.12-rc1 (2017-05-13 13:19:49 -0700)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux.git tags/tegra-for-4.13-soc
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to da1dbec1be2b54c16649e33e479708a55156e311:
> 
>   soc/tegra: flowctrl: Fix error handling (2017-06-13 16:47:44 +0200)
> 
> Thanks,
> Thierry
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> soc/tegra: Changes for v4.13-rc1
> 
> This contains an implementation of generic PM domains for Tegra186,
> based on the BPMP powergate request.
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Christophe Jaillet (1):
>       soc/tegra: flowctrl: Fix error handling
> 
> Thierry Reding (3):
>       PM / Domains: Allow overriding the ->xlate() callback
>       soc/tegra: bpmp: Update ABI header
>       soc/tegra: bpmp: Implement generic PM domains
> 
>  drivers/base/power/domain.c        |   8 +-
>  drivers/firmware/tegra/bpmp.c      |   4 +
>  drivers/soc/tegra/Kconfig          |   5 +
>  drivers/soc/tegra/Makefile         |   1 +
>  drivers/soc/tegra/flowctrl.c       |   2 +-
>  drivers/soc/tegra/powergate-bpmp.c | 359 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  include/linux/pm_domain.h          |   4 +
>  include/soc/tegra/bpmp-abi.h       | 418 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
>  include/soc/tegra/bpmp.h           |  12 ++

Merged, but does the bpmp-abi.h really belong in include/soc? Seems like most
of it is internal ABI for whatever abstraction communicates with bpmp, in this
case powergate. Locating it as a headerfile under drivers/soc/tegra/ seems to
make more sense. Care to move it?


-Olof
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-tegra" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Mikko Perttunen June 19, 2017, 5:59 a.m.
On 06/19/2017 07:00 AM, Olof Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 10:13:03AM +0200, Thierry Reding wrote:
>> Hi ARM SoC maintainers,
>>
>> The following changes since commit 2ea659a9ef488125eb46da6eb571de5eae5c43f6:
>>
>>    Linux 4.12-rc1 (2017-05-13 13:19:49 -0700)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux.git tags/tegra-for-4.13-soc
>>
>> for you to fetch changes up to da1dbec1be2b54c16649e33e479708a55156e311:
>>
>>    soc/tegra: flowctrl: Fix error handling (2017-06-13 16:47:44 +0200)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Thierry
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>> soc/tegra: Changes for v4.13-rc1
>>
>> This contains an implementation of generic PM domains for Tegra186,
>> based on the BPMP powergate request.
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>> Christophe Jaillet (1):
>>        soc/tegra: flowctrl: Fix error handling
>>
>> Thierry Reding (3):
>>        PM / Domains: Allow overriding the ->xlate() callback
>>        soc/tegra: bpmp: Update ABI header
>>        soc/tegra: bpmp: Implement generic PM domains
>>
>>   drivers/base/power/domain.c        |   8 +-
>>   drivers/firmware/tegra/bpmp.c      |   4 +
>>   drivers/soc/tegra/Kconfig          |   5 +
>>   drivers/soc/tegra/Makefile         |   1 +
>>   drivers/soc/tegra/flowctrl.c       |   2 +-
>>   drivers/soc/tegra/powergate-bpmp.c | 359 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>   include/linux/pm_domain.h          |   4 +
>>   include/soc/tegra/bpmp-abi.h       | 418 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
>>   include/soc/tegra/bpmp.h           |  12 ++
> 
> Merged, but does the bpmp-abi.h really belong in include/soc? Seems like most
> of it is internal ABI for whatever abstraction communicates with bpmp, in this
> case powergate. Locating it as a headerfile under drivers/soc/tegra/ seems to
> make more sense. Care to move it?

The header is used by all drivers that communicate with the BPMP, and 
they are scattered around the tree in their corresponding modules - e.g. 
drivers/clk/tegra/clk-bpmp.c, or the upcoming 
drivers/thermal/tegra/bpmp-thermal.c.

Cheers,
Mikko

> 
> 
> -Olof
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-tegra" in
> the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
> 
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-tegra" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Olof Johansson June 19, 2017, 6:04 a.m.
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 08:59:11AM +0300, Mikko Perttunen wrote:
> On 06/19/2017 07:00 AM, Olof Johansson wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 10:13:03AM +0200, Thierry Reding wrote:
> >>Hi ARM SoC maintainers,
> >>
> >>The following changes since commit 2ea659a9ef488125eb46da6eb571de5eae5c43f6:
> >>
> >>   Linux 4.12-rc1 (2017-05-13 13:19:49 -0700)
> >>
> >>are available in the git repository at:
> >>
> >>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux.git tags/tegra-for-4.13-soc
> >>
> >>for you to fetch changes up to da1dbec1be2b54c16649e33e479708a55156e311:
> >>
> >>   soc/tegra: flowctrl: Fix error handling (2017-06-13 16:47:44 +0200)
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Thierry
> >>
> >>----------------------------------------------------------------
> >>soc/tegra: Changes for v4.13-rc1
> >>
> >>This contains an implementation of generic PM domains for Tegra186,
> >>based on the BPMP powergate request.
> >>
> >>----------------------------------------------------------------
> >>Christophe Jaillet (1):
> >>       soc/tegra: flowctrl: Fix error handling
> >>
> >>Thierry Reding (3):
> >>       PM / Domains: Allow overriding the ->xlate() callback
> >>       soc/tegra: bpmp: Update ABI header
> >>       soc/tegra: bpmp: Implement generic PM domains
> >>
> >>  drivers/base/power/domain.c        |   8 +-
> >>  drivers/firmware/tegra/bpmp.c      |   4 +
> >>  drivers/soc/tegra/Kconfig          |   5 +
> >>  drivers/soc/tegra/Makefile         |   1 +
> >>  drivers/soc/tegra/flowctrl.c       |   2 +-
> >>  drivers/soc/tegra/powergate-bpmp.c | 359 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >>  include/linux/pm_domain.h          |   4 +
> >>  include/soc/tegra/bpmp-abi.h       | 418 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
> >>  include/soc/tegra/bpmp.h           |  12 ++
> >
> >Merged, but does the bpmp-abi.h really belong in include/soc? Seems like most
> >of it is internal ABI for whatever abstraction communicates with bpmp, in this
> >case powergate. Locating it as a headerfile under drivers/soc/tegra/ seems to
> >make more sense. Care to move it?
> 
> The header is used by all drivers that communicate with the BPMP, and they
> are scattered around the tree in their corresponding modules - e.g.
> drivers/clk/tegra/clk-bpmp.c, or the upcoming
> drivers/thermal/tegra/bpmp-thermal.c.

Having to expose the command format to all drivers seems a bit odd, compared to
providing helpers from drivers/soc to perform the commands/actions.

I guess most users aren't in-tree yet (tried grepping around for some of the
struct names and found no users), so I guess we'll see over time how it
develops. It could always be refactored later, if needed.


-Olof
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-tegra" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html