[GIT,PULL] Please pull my kvm-ppc-next branch

Submitted by Paul Mackerras on April 19, 2017, 11:01 a.m.

Details

Message ID 20170419110117.GA30937@fergus.ozlabs.ibm.com
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc kvm-ppc-next

Commit Message

Paul Mackerras April 19, 2017, 11:01 a.m.
Paolo,

Please do a pull from my kvm-ppc-next branch to get a PPC KVM update
to go into 4.12.  The highlights are:

* In-kernel acceleration for IOMMU update hypercalls, from Alexey
  Kardashevskiy.

* Extend the set of load/store instructions which can be used to
  access emulated MMIO locations to include floating-point and
  vector-scalar instructions, from Bin Lu and myself.

* Some fixes to allow PCI pass-through to work in nested guests using
  PR KVM, from Alexey Kardashevskiy.

There will be a conflict in include/uapi/linux/kvm.h when you do the
merge, which can easily be fixed by assigning the next available
number for KVM_CAP_SPAPR_TCE_VFIO.

Note that some of the commits here came from Michael Ellerman's
topic/ppc-kvm branch and will also go upstream via his tree.

Thanks,
Paul.

The following changes since commit e55fe3ccccc1efb8f20c99728c8863424ae9ee4a:

  tools/kvm_stat: add '%Total' column (2017-03-29 12:01:33 +0200)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc kvm-ppc-next

for you to fetch changes up to 538eaa212a8cbc1775a64aa7a45943cb28ef0689:

  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Fix build when PR KVM is built in (2017-04-12 09:17:06 +1000)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Alexey Kardashevskiy (14):
      powerpc/mmu: Add real mode support for IOMMU preregistered memory
      powerpc/powernv/iommu: Add real mode version of iommu_table_ops::exchange()
      powerpc/iommu/vfio_spapr_tce: Cleanup iommu_table disposal
      powerpc/vfio_spapr_tce: Add reference counting to iommu_table
      KVM: PPC: Add MMIO emulation for stdx (store doubleword indexed)
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Get rid of unused local variable
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Exit KVM on failed mapping
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Preserve storage control bits
      KVM: PPC: Reserve KVM_CAP_SPAPR_TCE_VFIO capability number
      KVM: PPC: Enable IOMMU_API for KVM_BOOK3S_64 permanently
      KVM: PPC: Pass kvm* to kvmppc_find_table()
      KVM: PPC: Use preregistered memory API to access TCE list
      KVM: PPC: iommu: Unify TCE checking
      KVM: PPC: VFIO: Add in-kernel acceleration for VFIO

Bin Lu (1):
      KVM: PPC: Book3S: Add MMIO emulation for FP and VSX instructions

Markus Elfring (2):
      KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Use common error handling code in kvmppc_clr_passthru_irq()
      KVM: PPC: e500: Use kcalloc() in e500_mmu_host_init()

Paul Mackerras (5):
      KVM: PPC: Provide functions for queueing up FP/VEC/VSX unavailable interrupts
      KVM: PPC: Emulation for more integer loads and stores
      KVM: PPC: Add MMIO emulation for remaining floating-point instructions
      Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/powerpc/topic/ppc-kvm' into kvm-ppc-next
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Fix build when PR KVM is built in

Thomas Huth (1):
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Do not fail emulation with mtspr/mfspr for unknown SPRs

 Documentation/virtual/kvm/devices/vfio.txt |  18 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/disassemble.h     |   5 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/iommu.h           |  32 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_host.h        |  32 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h         |  22 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/mmu_context.h     |   4 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc-opcode.h      |  58 ++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/iommu.c                |  91 ++++--
 arch/powerpc/kvm/Kconfig                   |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/Makefile                  |   1 -
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s.c                  |  18 ++
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_mmu.c           |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_mmu_host.c      |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_vio.c           | 313 ++++++++++++++++++-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_vio_hv.c        | 303 +++++++++++++++---
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_emulate.c          |  34 ++-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c               |   8 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_pr.c               |  12 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/booke.c                   |   5 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/e500_mmu_host.c           |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate.c                 |   8 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate_loadstore.c       | 472 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 arch/powerpc/kvm/powerpc.c                 | 320 ++++++++++++++++++-
 arch/powerpc/mm/mmu_context_iommu.c        |  39 +++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/pci-ioda.c  |  46 ++-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/pci.c       |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/iommu.c     |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/vio.c       |   2 +-
 drivers/vfio/vfio_iommu_spapr_tce.c        |   2 +-
 include/uapi/linux/kvm.h                   |   7 +
 virt/kvm/vfio.c                            | 105 +++++++
 31 files changed, 1798 insertions(+), 177 deletions(-)
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe kvm-ppc" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Comments

Alexey Kardashevskiy April 19, 2017, 12:32 p.m.
On 19/04/17 21:01, Paul Mackerras wrote:
> Paolo,
> 
> Please do a pull from my kvm-ppc-next branch to get a PPC KVM update
> to go into 4.12.  The highlights are:
> 
> * In-kernel acceleration for IOMMU update hypercalls, from Alexey
>   Kardashevskiy.


[PATCH kernel] KVM: PPC: Align the table size to system page size

would be nice to have before all "KVM:PPC:" patches...


> 
> * Extend the set of load/store instructions which can be used to
>   access emulated MMIO locations to include floating-point and
>   vector-scalar instructions, from Bin Lu and myself.
> 
> * Some fixes to allow PCI pass-through to work in nested guests using
>   PR KVM, from Alexey Kardashevskiy.
> 
> There will be a conflict in include/uapi/linux/kvm.h when you do the
> merge, which can easily be fixed by assigning the next available
> number for KVM_CAP_SPAPR_TCE_VFIO.
> 
> Note that some of the commits here came from Michael Ellerman's
> topic/ppc-kvm branch and will also go upstream via his tree.
> 
> Thanks,
> Paul.
> 
> The following changes since commit e55fe3ccccc1efb8f20c99728c8863424ae9ee4a:
> 
>   tools/kvm_stat: add '%Total' column (2017-03-29 12:01:33 +0200)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc kvm-ppc-next
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to 538eaa212a8cbc1775a64aa7a45943cb28ef0689:
> 
>   KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Fix build when PR KVM is built in (2017-04-12 09:17:06 +1000)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Alexey Kardashevskiy (14):
>       powerpc/mmu: Add real mode support for IOMMU preregistered memory
>       powerpc/powernv/iommu: Add real mode version of iommu_table_ops::exchange()
>       powerpc/iommu/vfio_spapr_tce: Cleanup iommu_table disposal
>       powerpc/vfio_spapr_tce: Add reference counting to iommu_table
>       KVM: PPC: Add MMIO emulation for stdx (store doubleword indexed)
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Get rid of unused local variable
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Exit KVM on failed mapping
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Preserve storage control bits
>       KVM: PPC: Reserve KVM_CAP_SPAPR_TCE_VFIO capability number
>       KVM: PPC: Enable IOMMU_API for KVM_BOOK3S_64 permanently
>       KVM: PPC: Pass kvm* to kvmppc_find_table()
>       KVM: PPC: Use preregistered memory API to access TCE list
>       KVM: PPC: iommu: Unify TCE checking
>       KVM: PPC: VFIO: Add in-kernel acceleration for VFIO
> 
> Bin Lu (1):
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S: Add MMIO emulation for FP and VSX instructions
> 
> Markus Elfring (2):
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Use common error handling code in kvmppc_clr_passthru_irq()
>       KVM: PPC: e500: Use kcalloc() in e500_mmu_host_init()
> 
> Paul Mackerras (5):
>       KVM: PPC: Provide functions for queueing up FP/VEC/VSX unavailable interrupts
>       KVM: PPC: Emulation for more integer loads and stores
>       KVM: PPC: Add MMIO emulation for remaining floating-point instructions
>       Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/powerpc/topic/ppc-kvm' into kvm-ppc-next
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Fix build when PR KVM is built in
> 
> Thomas Huth (1):
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Do not fail emulation with mtspr/mfspr for unknown SPRs
> 
>  Documentation/virtual/kvm/devices/vfio.txt |  18 +-
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/disassemble.h     |   5 +
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/iommu.h           |  32 +-
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_host.h        |  32 ++
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h         |  22 +-
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/mmu_context.h     |   4 +
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc-opcode.h      |  58 ++++
>  arch/powerpc/kernel/iommu.c                |  91 ++++--
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/Kconfig                   |   1 +
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/Makefile                  |   1 -
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s.c                  |  18 ++
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_mmu.c           |   1 +
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_mmu_host.c      |   7 +-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_vio.c           | 313 ++++++++++++++++++-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_vio_hv.c        | 303 +++++++++++++++---
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_emulate.c          |  34 ++-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c               |   8 +-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_pr.c               |  12 +-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/booke.c                   |   5 +
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/e500_mmu_host.c           |   5 +-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate.c                 |   8 +
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate_loadstore.c       | 472 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/powerpc.c                 | 320 ++++++++++++++++++-
>  arch/powerpc/mm/mmu_context_iommu.c        |  39 +++
>  arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/pci-ioda.c  |  46 ++-
>  arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/pci.c       |   1 +
>  arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/iommu.c     |   3 +-
>  arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/vio.c       |   2 +-
>  drivers/vfio/vfio_iommu_spapr_tce.c        |   2 +-
>  include/uapi/linux/kvm.h                   |   7 +
>  virt/kvm/vfio.c                            | 105 +++++++
>  31 files changed, 1798 insertions(+), 177 deletions(-)
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe kvm-ppc" in
> the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>
Paul Mackerras April 20, 2017, 1:28 a.m.
On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 10:32:36PM +1000, Alexey Kardashevskiy wrote:
> On 19/04/17 21:01, Paul Mackerras wrote:
> > Paolo,
> > 
> > Please do a pull from my kvm-ppc-next branch to get a PPC KVM update
> > to go into 4.12.  The highlights are:
> > 
> > * In-kernel acceleration for IOMMU update hypercalls, from Alexey
> >   Kardashevskiy.
> 
> 
> [PATCH kernel] KVM: PPC: Align the table size to system page size
> 
> would be nice to have before all "KVM:PPC:" patches...

OK, since it affects bisectability, I'll rebase my kvm-ppc-next
branch.

Paolo, assuming you haven't already done the pull, please hold off and
I'll send another pull request.  If you have done the pull by the time
you see this, then we'll just live with the bisect breakage.

Paul.
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe kvm-ppc" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html