[GIT,PULL] Immutable branch between MFD and IIO due for the v4.12 merge window

Submitted by Lee Jones on April 11, 2017, 10:05 a.m.

Details

Message ID 20170411100528.2zif3fyi7uoyw33n@dell
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lee/mfd.git ib-mfd-iio-v4.12

Commit Message

Lee Jones April 11, 2017, 10:05 a.m.
Enjoy!

The following changes since commit c1ae3cfa0e89fa1a7ecc4c99031f5e9ae99d9201:

  Linux 4.11-rc1 (2017-03-05 12:59:56 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lee/mfd.git ib-mfd-iio-v4.12

for you to fetch changes up to f2499ab450d3052097ba53a7d763f767935c0c59:

  iio: adc: add support for X-Powers AXP20X and AXP22X PMICs ADCs (2017-04-11 11:02:33 +0100)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Immutable branch between MFD and IIO due for the v4.12 merge window

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quentin Schulz (1):
      iio: adc: add support for X-Powers AXP20X and AXP22X PMICs ADCs

 drivers/iio/adc/Kconfig      |  10 +
 drivers/iio/adc/Makefile     |   1 +
 drivers/iio/adc/axp20x_adc.c | 617 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 628 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 drivers/iio/adc/axp20x_adc.c

Comments

Jonathan Cameron April 14, 2017, 2:30 p.m.
On 11/04/17 11:05, Lee Jones wrote:
> Enjoy!
> 
> The following changes since commit c1ae3cfa0e89fa1a7ecc4c99031f5e9ae99d9201:
> 
>   Linux 4.11-rc1 (2017-03-05 12:59:56 -0800)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lee/mfd.git ib-mfd-iio-v4.12
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to f2499ab450d3052097ba53a7d763f767935c0c59:
> 
>   iio: adc: add support for X-Powers AXP20X and AXP22X PMICs ADCs (2017-04-11 11:02:33 +0100)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Immutable branch between MFD and IIO due for the v4.12 merge window
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Quentin Schulz (1):
>       iio: adc: add support for X-Powers AXP20X and AXP22X PMICs ADCs
> 
>  drivers/iio/adc/Kconfig      |  10 +
>  drivers/iio/adc/Makefile     |   1 +
>  drivers/iio/adc/axp20x_adc.c | 617 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  3 files changed, 628 insertions(+)
>  create mode 100644 drivers/iio/adc/axp20x_adc.c
> 
Hi Lee, 

Thanks for doing this, but the reason it was going to go through your
tree in the first place was a dependency on
commit 4707274714ef ("mfd: axp20x: Correct name of temperature data ADC registers")

Not present in the immutable branch.

There isn't much time for anything else going on around this driver though
so other than a possible merge conflict on the Kconfig and Makefile shouldn't
matter if this just goes through mfd. (famous last words ;)

Jonathan
Lee Jones April 24, 2017, 11:02 a.m.
On Fri, 14 Apr 2017, Jonathan Cameron wrote:

> On 11/04/17 11:05, Lee Jones wrote:
> > Enjoy!
> > 
> > The following changes since commit c1ae3cfa0e89fa1a7ecc4c99031f5e9ae99d9201:
> > 
> >   Linux 4.11-rc1 (2017-03-05 12:59:56 -0800)
> > 
> > are available in the git repository at:
> > 
> >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lee/mfd.git ib-mfd-iio-v4.12
> > 
> > for you to fetch changes up to f2499ab450d3052097ba53a7d763f767935c0c59:
> > 
> >   iio: adc: add support for X-Powers AXP20X and AXP22X PMICs ADCs (2017-04-11 11:02:33 +0100)
> > 
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > Immutable branch between MFD and IIO due for the v4.12 merge window
> > 
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > Quentin Schulz (1):
> >       iio: adc: add support for X-Powers AXP20X and AXP22X PMICs ADCs
> > 
> >  drivers/iio/adc/Kconfig      |  10 +
> >  drivers/iio/adc/Makefile     |   1 +
> >  drivers/iio/adc/axp20x_adc.c | 617 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >  3 files changed, 628 insertions(+)
> >  create mode 100644 drivers/iio/adc/axp20x_adc.c
> > 
> Hi Lee, 
> 
> Thanks for doing this, but the reason it was going to go through your
> tree in the first place was a dependency on
> commit 4707274714ef ("mfd: axp20x: Correct name of temperature data ADC registers")
> 
> Not present in the immutable branch.
> 
> There isn't much time for anything else going on around this driver though
> so other than a possible merge conflict on the Kconfig and Makefile shouldn't
> matter if this just goes through mfd. (famous last words ;)

It's not as though you committed it to text and sent it out to a
public mailing list for us all to reference though is it?  Doh!
Jonathan Cameron April 26, 2017, 5:51 a.m.
On 24/04/17 12:02, Lee Jones wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Apr 2017, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> 
>> On 11/04/17 11:05, Lee Jones wrote:
>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>> The following changes since commit c1ae3cfa0e89fa1a7ecc4c99031f5e9ae99d9201:
>>>
>>>   Linux 4.11-rc1 (2017-03-05 12:59:56 -0800)
>>>
>>> are available in the git repository at:
>>>
>>>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lee/mfd.git ib-mfd-iio-v4.12
>>>
>>> for you to fetch changes up to f2499ab450d3052097ba53a7d763f767935c0c59:
>>>
>>>   iio: adc: add support for X-Powers AXP20X and AXP22X PMICs ADCs (2017-04-11 11:02:33 +0100)
>>>
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Immutable branch between MFD and IIO due for the v4.12 merge window
>>>
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Quentin Schulz (1):
>>>       iio: adc: add support for X-Powers AXP20X and AXP22X PMICs ADCs
>>>
>>>  drivers/iio/adc/Kconfig      |  10 +
>>>  drivers/iio/adc/Makefile     |   1 +
>>>  drivers/iio/adc/axp20x_adc.c | 617 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>>  3 files changed, 628 insertions(+)
>>>  create mode 100644 drivers/iio/adc/axp20x_adc.c
>>>
>> Hi Lee, 
>>
>> Thanks for doing this, but the reason it was going to go through your
>> tree in the first place was a dependency on
>> commit 4707274714ef ("mfd: axp20x: Correct name of temperature data ADC registers")
>>
>> Not present in the immutable branch.
>>
>> There isn't much time for anything else going on around this driver though
>> so other than a possible merge conflict on the Kconfig and Makefile shouldn't
>> matter if this just goes through mfd. (famous last words ;)
> 
> It's not as though you committed it to text and sent it out to a
> public mailing list for us all to reference though is it?  Doh!
> 
It came up in the original discussions (which was the only reason I knew).
Chen-Yu Tsai in email:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2017-March/495789.html

Quentin did put a link in his request that you take it, but removing the
need to click would have been better!

Jonathan