[GIT,PULL,9/10] arm64: tegra: Device tree changes for v4.10-rc1
mbox

Message ID 20161118161719.24153-9-thierry.reding@gmail.com
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux.git tags/tegra-for-4.10-arm64-dt

Message

Thierry Reding Nov. 18, 2016, 4:17 p.m. UTC
Hi ARM SoC maintainers,

The following changes since commit 1001354ca34179f3db924eb66672442a173147dc:

  Linux 4.9-rc1 (2016-10-15 12:17:50 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux.git tags/tegra-for-4.10-arm64-dt

for you to fetch changes up to cc13b4fa4ac780cec6c21b64a39ab2950e95e8f6:

  arm64: tegra: Add NVIDIA P2771 board support (2016-11-18 14:35:53 +0100)

Thanks,
Thierry

----------------------------------------------------------------
arm64: tegra: Device tree changes for v4.10-rc1

This adds initial support for Tegra186, the P3310 processor module as
well as the P2771 development board. Not much is functional, but there
is enough to boot to an initial ramdisk with debug serial output.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Dan Carpenter (1):
      mailbox: tegra-hsp: Use after free in tegra_hsp_remove_doorbells()

Joseph Lo (6):
      soc/tegra: Add Tegra186 support
      dt-bindings: mailbox: Add Tegra HSP binding
      dt-bindings: firmware: Add bindings for Tegra BPMP
      arm64: tegra: Add Tegra186 support
      arm64: tegra: Add NVIDIA P3310 processor module support
      arm64: tegra: Add NVIDIA P2771 board support

Stephen Warren (2):
      dt-bindings: Add power domains to Tegra BPMP firmware
      dt-bindings: firmware: Allow child nodes inside the Tegra BPMP

Thierry Reding (12):
      Merge branch 'for-4.10/soc' into for-4.10/mailbox
      mailbox: Add Tegra HSP driver
      Merge branch 'for-4.10/mailbox' into for-4.10/firmware
      firmware: tegra: Add IVC library
      firmware: tegra: Add BPMP support
      Merge branch 'for-4.10/firmware' into for-4.10/arm64/dt
      arm64: tegra: Add CPU nodes for Tegra186
      arm64: tegra: Add serial ports on Tegra186
      arm64: tegra: Add I2C controllers on Tegra186
      arm64: tegra: Add SDHCI controllers on Tegra186
      arm64: tegra: Add GPIO controllers on Tegra186
      arm64: tegra: Enable PSCI on P3310

 .../bindings/firmware/nvidia,tegra186-bpmp.txt     |  108 ++
 .../bindings/mailbox/nvidia,tegra186-hsp.txt       |   52 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/nvidia/Makefile                |    1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/nvidia/tegra186-p2771-0000.dts |    8 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/nvidia/tegra186-p3310.dtsi     |   64 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/nvidia/tegra186.dtsi           |  402 +++++
 drivers/firmware/Kconfig                           |    1 +
 drivers/firmware/Makefile                          |    1 +
 drivers/firmware/tegra/Kconfig                     |   25 +
 drivers/firmware/tegra/Makefile                    |    2 +
 drivers/firmware/tegra/bpmp.c                      |  868 +++++++++++
 drivers/firmware/tegra/ivc.c                       |  695 +++++++++
 drivers/mailbox/Kconfig                            |    9 +
 drivers/mailbox/Makefile                           |    2 +
 drivers/mailbox/tegra-hsp.c                        |  479 ++++++
 drivers/soc/tegra/Kconfig                          |   14 +
 include/dt-bindings/clock/tegra186-clock.h         |  940 ++++++++++++
 include/dt-bindings/mailbox/tegra186-hsp.h         |   24 +
 include/dt-bindings/power/tegra186-powergate.h     |   39 +
 include/dt-bindings/reset/tegra186-reset.h         |  217 +++
 include/soc/tegra/bpmp-abi.h                       | 1601 ++++++++++++++++++++
 include/soc/tegra/bpmp.h                           |  141 ++
 include/soc/tegra/ivc.h                            |  109 ++
 23 files changed, 5802 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/firmware/nvidia,tegra186-bpmp.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mailbox/nvidia,tegra186-hsp.txt
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/nvidia/tegra186-p2771-0000.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/nvidia/tegra186-p3310.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/nvidia/tegra186.dtsi
 create mode 100644 drivers/firmware/tegra/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 drivers/firmware/tegra/Makefile
 create mode 100644 drivers/firmware/tegra/bpmp.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/firmware/tegra/ivc.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/mailbox/tegra-hsp.c
 create mode 100644 include/dt-bindings/clock/tegra186-clock.h
 create mode 100644 include/dt-bindings/mailbox/tegra186-hsp.h
 create mode 100644 include/dt-bindings/power/tegra186-powergate.h
 create mode 100644 include/dt-bindings/reset/tegra186-reset.h
 create mode 100644 include/soc/tegra/bpmp-abi.h
 create mode 100644 include/soc/tegra/bpmp.h
 create mode 100644 include/soc/tegra/ivc.h

Comments

Olof Johansson Nov. 19, 2016, 2:40 a.m. UTC | #1
On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 05:17:18PM +0100, Thierry Reding wrote:
> Hi ARM SoC maintainers,
> 
> The following changes since commit 1001354ca34179f3db924eb66672442a173147dc:
> 
>   Linux 4.9-rc1 (2016-10-15 12:17:50 -0700)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux.git tags/tegra-for-4.10-arm64-dt
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to cc13b4fa4ac780cec6c21b64a39ab2950e95e8f6:
> 
>   arm64: tegra: Add NVIDIA P2771 board support (2016-11-18 14:35:53 +0100)
> 
> Thanks,
> Thierry
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> arm64: tegra: Device tree changes for v4.10-rc1
> 
> This adds initial support for Tegra186, the P3310 processor module as
> well as the P2771 development board. Not much is functional, but there
> is enough to boot to an initial ramdisk with debug serial output.
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Dan Carpenter (1):
>       mailbox: tegra-hsp: Use after free in tegra_hsp_remove_doorbells()
> 
> Joseph Lo (6):
>       soc/tegra: Add Tegra186 support
>       dt-bindings: mailbox: Add Tegra HSP binding
>       dt-bindings: firmware: Add bindings for Tegra BPMP
>       arm64: tegra: Add Tegra186 support
>       arm64: tegra: Add NVIDIA P3310 processor module support
>       arm64: tegra: Add NVIDIA P2771 board support
> 
> Stephen Warren (2):
>       dt-bindings: Add power domains to Tegra BPMP firmware
>       dt-bindings: firmware: Allow child nodes inside the Tegra BPMP
> 
> Thierry Reding (12):
>       Merge branch 'for-4.10/soc' into for-4.10/mailbox
>       mailbox: Add Tegra HSP driver
>       Merge branch 'for-4.10/mailbox' into for-4.10/firmware
>       firmware: tegra: Add IVC library
>       firmware: tegra: Add BPMP support
>       Merge branch 'for-4.10/firmware' into for-4.10/arm64/dt
>       arm64: tegra: Add CPU nodes for Tegra186
>       arm64: tegra: Add serial ports on Tegra186
>       arm64: tegra: Add I2C controllers on Tegra186
>       arm64: tegra: Add SDHCI controllers on Tegra186
>       arm64: tegra: Add GPIO controllers on Tegra186
>       arm64: tegra: Enable PSCI on P3310

The drivers->dt dependency here is annoying. Any chance you can respin without
it?

We've been encouraging people to consider using numerical clock/gpio/reset
numbers on initial submission to avoid these dependencies on dt-bindings
includes, and then follow up with a move to the symbolic names between -rc1 and
-rc2. Mind doing the same here?


Thanks!


-Olof
Thierry Reding Nov. 21, 2016, 8:22 a.m. UTC | #2
On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 06:40:21PM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 05:17:18PM +0100, Thierry Reding wrote:
> > Hi ARM SoC maintainers,
> > 
> > The following changes since commit 1001354ca34179f3db924eb66672442a173147dc:
> > 
> >   Linux 4.9-rc1 (2016-10-15 12:17:50 -0700)
> > 
> > are available in the git repository at:
> > 
> >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux.git tags/tegra-for-4.10-arm64-dt
> > 
> > for you to fetch changes up to cc13b4fa4ac780cec6c21b64a39ab2950e95e8f6:
> > 
> >   arm64: tegra: Add NVIDIA P2771 board support (2016-11-18 14:35:53 +0100)
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > Thierry
> > 
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > arm64: tegra: Device tree changes for v4.10-rc1
> > 
> > This adds initial support for Tegra186, the P3310 processor module as
> > well as the P2771 development board. Not much is functional, but there
> > is enough to boot to an initial ramdisk with debug serial output.
> > 
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > Dan Carpenter (1):
> >       mailbox: tegra-hsp: Use after free in tegra_hsp_remove_doorbells()
> > 
> > Joseph Lo (6):
> >       soc/tegra: Add Tegra186 support
> >       dt-bindings: mailbox: Add Tegra HSP binding
> >       dt-bindings: firmware: Add bindings for Tegra BPMP
> >       arm64: tegra: Add Tegra186 support
> >       arm64: tegra: Add NVIDIA P3310 processor module support
> >       arm64: tegra: Add NVIDIA P2771 board support
> > 
> > Stephen Warren (2):
> >       dt-bindings: Add power domains to Tegra BPMP firmware
> >       dt-bindings: firmware: Allow child nodes inside the Tegra BPMP
> > 
> > Thierry Reding (12):
> >       Merge branch 'for-4.10/soc' into for-4.10/mailbox
> >       mailbox: Add Tegra HSP driver
> >       Merge branch 'for-4.10/mailbox' into for-4.10/firmware
> >       firmware: tegra: Add IVC library
> >       firmware: tegra: Add BPMP support
> >       Merge branch 'for-4.10/firmware' into for-4.10/arm64/dt
> >       arm64: tegra: Add CPU nodes for Tegra186
> >       arm64: tegra: Add serial ports on Tegra186
> >       arm64: tegra: Add I2C controllers on Tegra186
> >       arm64: tegra: Add SDHCI controllers on Tegra186
> >       arm64: tegra: Add GPIO controllers on Tegra186
> >       arm64: tegra: Enable PSCI on P3310
> 
> The drivers->dt dependency here is annoying. Any chance you can respin without
> it?
> 
> We've been encouraging people to consider using numerical clock/gpio/reset
> numbers on initial submission to avoid these dependencies on dt-bindings
> includes, and then follow up with a move to the symbolic names between -rc1 and
> -rc2. Mind doing the same here?

Yes, I can do that. Would it be acceptable to have a dt-bindings->dt
dependency? Stephen's already done a good job of avoiding this kind of
dependency by getting the bindings, and hence dt-bindings headers,
merged ahead of Linux kernel support because he had already gotten the
bindings reviewed and finalized during his work on U-Boot.

I've been told in the past that it's not necessary to strictly split DT
bindings patches from driver patches, but I suppose if a dt-bindings->dt
is acceptable, then splitting things up more strictly would actually be
the preferable solution here because it also avoids the slight churn of
converting to symbolic values later on.

Thierry
Olof Johansson Dec. 4, 2016, 5:13 a.m. UTC | #3
On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 09:22:10AM +0100, Thierry Reding wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 06:40:21PM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 05:17:18PM +0100, Thierry Reding wrote:
> > > Hi ARM SoC maintainers,
> > > 
> > > The following changes since commit 1001354ca34179f3db924eb66672442a173147dc:
> > > 
> > >   Linux 4.9-rc1 (2016-10-15 12:17:50 -0700)
> > > 
> > > are available in the git repository at:
> > > 
> > >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux.git tags/tegra-for-4.10-arm64-dt
> > > 
> > > for you to fetch changes up to cc13b4fa4ac780cec6c21b64a39ab2950e95e8f6:
> > > 
> > >   arm64: tegra: Add NVIDIA P2771 board support (2016-11-18 14:35:53 +0100)
> > > 
> > > Thanks,
> > > Thierry
> > > 
> > > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > > arm64: tegra: Device tree changes for v4.10-rc1
> > > 
> > > This adds initial support for Tegra186, the P3310 processor module as
> > > well as the P2771 development board. Not much is functional, but there
> > > is enough to boot to an initial ramdisk with debug serial output.
> > > 
> > > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > > Dan Carpenter (1):
> > >       mailbox: tegra-hsp: Use after free in tegra_hsp_remove_doorbells()
> > > 
> > > Joseph Lo (6):
> > >       soc/tegra: Add Tegra186 support
> > >       dt-bindings: mailbox: Add Tegra HSP binding
> > >       dt-bindings: firmware: Add bindings for Tegra BPMP
> > >       arm64: tegra: Add Tegra186 support
> > >       arm64: tegra: Add NVIDIA P3310 processor module support
> > >       arm64: tegra: Add NVIDIA P2771 board support
> > > 
> > > Stephen Warren (2):
> > >       dt-bindings: Add power domains to Tegra BPMP firmware
> > >       dt-bindings: firmware: Allow child nodes inside the Tegra BPMP
> > > 
> > > Thierry Reding (12):
> > >       Merge branch 'for-4.10/soc' into for-4.10/mailbox
> > >       mailbox: Add Tegra HSP driver
> > >       Merge branch 'for-4.10/mailbox' into for-4.10/firmware
> > >       firmware: tegra: Add IVC library
> > >       firmware: tegra: Add BPMP support
> > >       Merge branch 'for-4.10/firmware' into for-4.10/arm64/dt
> > >       arm64: tegra: Add CPU nodes for Tegra186
> > >       arm64: tegra: Add serial ports on Tegra186
> > >       arm64: tegra: Add I2C controllers on Tegra186
> > >       arm64: tegra: Add SDHCI controllers on Tegra186
> > >       arm64: tegra: Add GPIO controllers on Tegra186
> > >       arm64: tegra: Enable PSCI on P3310
> > 
> > The drivers->dt dependency here is annoying. Any chance you can respin without
> > it?
> > 
> > We've been encouraging people to consider using numerical clock/gpio/reset
> > numbers on initial submission to avoid these dependencies on dt-bindings
> > includes, and then follow up with a move to the symbolic names between -rc1 and
> > -rc2. Mind doing the same here?
> 
> Yes, I can do that. Would it be acceptable to have a dt-bindings->dt
> dependency? Stephen's already done a good job of avoiding this kind of
> dependency by getting the bindings, and hence dt-bindings headers,
> merged ahead of Linux kernel support because he had already gotten the
> bindings reviewed and finalized during his work on U-Boot.
> 
> I've been told in the past that it's not necessary to strictly split DT
> bindings patches from driver patches, but I suppose if a dt-bindings->dt
> is acceptable, then splitting things up more strictly would actually be
> the preferable solution here because it also avoids the slight churn of
> converting to symbolic values later on.

Sorry, haven't been looking at this older for a while so this reply is
high-latency.

If you want to do a separate dt-bindings branch that includes the headers and
is present in both the dt and drivers branch, that'd work. If the changes are
trivial though, and just contains a few clocks, I think we should just have
them opencoded on the original merge, and then move over once the include files
have gone in. I'd be willing to merge such conversions between -rc1 and -rc2.

That's in particular the case when there's an external driver tree/maintainer,
since it avoids the three-way handshake, etc.


-Olof