@@ -9,8 +9,9 @@ Introduction
The ST Microelectronics SPEAr range of ARM9/CortexA9 System-on-Chip CPUs are
supported by the 'spear' platform of ARM Linux. Currently SPEAr300,
- SPEAr310, SPEAr320 and SPEAr600 SOCs are supported. Support for the SPEAr13XX
- series is in progress.
+ SPEAr310, SPEAr320, SPEAr600, SPEAr1300 and SPEAr1310 SOCs are supported.
+ SPEAr3XX and SPEAr6XX are based on ARM9 whereas SPEAr13XX is based on latest
+ ARM Cortex A9 CPUs.
Hierarchy in SPEAr is as follows:
@@ -27,16 +28,25 @@ Introduction
- SPEAr600_EVB (Evaluation Board)
- SPEAr13XX (13XX SOC series, based on ARM CORTEXA9)
- SPEAr1300 (SOC)
+ - SPEAr1300_EVB (Evaluation Board)
+ - SPEAr1310 (SOC)
+ - SPEAr1310_EVB (Evaluation Board)
- A generic configuration is provided for each machine, and can be used as the
+ A generic configuration is provided for each machine family, and can be used as the
- make spear600_defconfig
- make spear300_defconfig
- make spear310_defconfig
- make spear320_defconfig
+ #make ARCH=arm spear13xx_defconfig
+ #make ARCH=arm spear3xx_defconfig
+ #make ARCH=arm spear6xx_defconfig
+ After applying default configuration, Linux kernel for SPEAr architecture
+ can be compiled as
+ #make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- uImage
@@ -48,13 +58,15 @@ Introduction
Each machine series have a directory with name arch/arm/mach-spear followed by
series name. Like mach-spear3xx, mach-spear6xx and mach-spear13xx.
- Common file for machines of spear3xx family is mach-spear3xx/spear3xx.c and for
- spear6xx is mach-spear6xx/spear6xx.c. mach-spear* also contain soc/machine
+ Common file for machines of spear3xx family is mach-spear3xx/spear3xx.c, for
+ spear6xx is mach-spear6xx/spear6xx.c and similarly for spear13xx is
+ mach-spear13xx/spear13xx.c. mach-spear* also contain soc/machine
specific files, like spear300.c, spear310.c, spear320.c and spear600.c.
- mach-spear* also contains board specific files for each machine type.
+ Board specific files for each machine type is also contained in mach-spear*
- Viresh Kumar, (c) 2010 ST Microelectronics
+ Viresh Kumar, Shiraz Hashim (c) 2010 ST Microelectronics
@@ -5462,6 +5462,12 @@ W: http://www.st.com/spear
+SPEAR13XX MACHINE SUPPORT
+M: Shiraz Hashim <email@example.com>
SPEAR3XX MACHINE SUPPORT
M: Viresh Kumar <firstname.lastname@example.org>