[1/3] Add root .gitignore

Message ID 1462317946-15465-1-git-send-email-cyrilbur@gmail.com
State Accepted
Headers show

Commit Message

Cyril Bur May 3, 2016, 11:25 p.m.
This project uses autotools which generates many files not kept in git. This
commit adds files generated by:
./bootstrap
./configure

Signed-off-by: Cyril Bur <cyrilbur@gmail.com>
---
 .gitignore | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 20 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 .gitignore

Comments

Samuel Mendoza-Jonas May 23, 2016, 5:16 a.m. | #1
On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 09:25:44AM +1000, Cyril Bur wrote:
> This project uses autotools which generates many files not kept in git. This
> commit adds files generated by:
> ./bootstrap
> ./configure
> 
> Signed-off-by: Cyril Bur <cyrilbur@gmail.com>
> ---
>  .gitignore | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++
>  1 file changed, 20 insertions(+)
>  create mode 100644 .gitignore
> 
> diff --git a/.gitignore b/.gitignore
> new file mode 100644
> index 0000000..77b16f3
> --- /dev/null
> +++ b/.gitignore
> @@ -0,0 +1,20 @@
> +ABOUT-NLS
> +Makefile.in
> +aclocal.m4
> +autom4te.cache/*
> +compile
> +config.guess
> +config.h.in
> +config.log
> +config.rpath
> +config.sub
> +configure
> +cscope.out
> +depcomp
> +install-sh
> +ltmain.sh
> +m4/*
> +missing
> +po/*

I'm currently doing some hand-wringing about this particular exclude -
90% of the time it's annoying, but the other 10% of the time I _do_ want
to know if there are new untranslated strings.
The other option is Alan's similar patch which adds a script to toggle
visibility - I'll think on this a bit, in the meantime opinions are
welcome :)

> +test-driver
> +ylwrap
> -- 
> 2.8.2
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Petitboot mailing list
> Petitboot@lists.ozlabs.org
> https://lists.ozlabs.org/listinfo/petitboot
Samuel Mendoza-Jonas Nov. 3, 2017, 3:07 a.m. | #2
On Wed, 2016-05-04 at 09:25 +1000, Cyril Bur wrote:
> This project uses autotools which generates many files not kept in git. This
> commit adds files generated by:
> ./bootstrap
> ./configure
> 
> Signed-off-by: Cyril Bur <cyrilbur@gmail.com>

After a quick think, merged as 669083e. Thanks!

;)
Sam

> ---
>  .gitignore | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++
>  1 file changed, 20 insertions(+)
>  create mode 100644 .gitignore
> 
> diff --git a/.gitignore b/.gitignore
> new file mode 100644
> index 0000000..77b16f3
> --- /dev/null
> +++ b/.gitignore
> @@ -0,0 +1,20 @@
> +ABOUT-NLS
> +Makefile.in
> +aclocal.m4
> +autom4te.cache/*
> +compile
> +config.guess
> +config.h.in
> +config.log
> +config.rpath
> +config.sub
> +configure
> +cscope.out
> +depcomp
> +install-sh
> +ltmain.sh
> +m4/*
> +missing
> +po/*
> +test-driver
> +ylwrap
Cyril Bur Nov. 3, 2017, 3:14 a.m. | #3
On Fri, 2017-11-03 at 14:07 +1100, Samuel Mendoza-Jonas wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-05-04 at 09:25 +1000, Cyril Bur wrote:
> > This project uses autotools which generates many files not kept in git. This
> > commit adds files generated by:
> > ./bootstrap
> > ./configure
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Cyril Bur <cyrilbur@gmail.com>
> 
> After a quick think, merged as 669083e. Thanks!
> 

Appreciate the quick and speedy merge of the patch.

Thanks a lot,
Cyril.

> ;)
> Sam
> 
> > ---
> >  .gitignore | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++
> >  1 file changed, 20 insertions(+)
> >  create mode 100644 .gitignore
> > 
> > diff --git a/.gitignore b/.gitignore
> > new file mode 100644
> > index 0000000..77b16f3
> > --- /dev/null
> > +++ b/.gitignore
> > @@ -0,0 +1,20 @@
> > +ABOUT-NLS
> > +Makefile.in
> > +aclocal.m4
> > +autom4te.cache/*
> > +compile
> > +config.guess
> > +config.h.in
> > +config.log
> > +config.rpath
> > +config.sub
> > +configure
> > +cscope.out
> > +depcomp
> > +install-sh
> > +ltmain.sh
> > +m4/*
> > +missing
> > +po/*
> > +test-driver
> > +ylwrap
> 
>

Patch

diff --git a/.gitignore b/.gitignore
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..77b16f3
--- /dev/null
+++ b/.gitignore
@@ -0,0 +1,20 @@ 
+ABOUT-NLS
+Makefile.in
+aclocal.m4
+autom4te.cache/*
+compile
+config.guess
+config.h.in
+config.log
+config.rpath
+config.sub
+configure
+cscope.out
+depcomp
+install-sh
+ltmain.sh
+m4/*
+missing
+po/*
+test-driver
+ylwrap