@@ -2669,25 +2669,15 @@ exp_equiv_p (const_rtx x, const_rtx y, i
- /* A volatile mem should not be considered equivalent to any
- other. */
- if (MEM_VOLATILE_P (x) || MEM_VOLATILE_P (y))
- return 0;
/* Can't merge two expressions in different alias sets, since we
can decide that the expression is transparent in a block when
- it isn't, due to it being set with the different alias set.
- Also, can't merge two expressions with different MEM_ATTRS.
- They could e.g. be two different entities allocated into the
- same space on the stack (see e.g. PR25130). In that case, the
- MEM addresses can be the same, even though the two MEMs are
- absolutely not equivalent.
+ it isn't, due to it being set with the different alias set. */
+ if (MEM_ALIAS_SET (x) != MEM_ALIAS_SET (y))
+ return 0;
- But because really all MEM attributes should be the same for
- equivalent MEMs, we just use the invariant that MEMs that have
- the same attributes share the same mem_attrs data structure. */
- if (MEM_ATTRS (x) != MEM_ATTRS (y))
+ /* A volatile mem should not be considered equivalent to any
+ other. */
+ if (MEM_VOLATILE_P (x) || MEM_VOLATILE_P (y))