@@ -7186,10 +7186,11 @@ delta_from_ptrmemfunc (tree t)
/* Convert value RHS to type TYPE as preparation for an assignment to
- an lvalue of type TYPE. ERRTYPE is a string to use in error
- messages: "assignment", "return", etc. If FNDECL is non-NULL, we
- are doing the conversion in order to pass the PARMNUMth argument of
- FNDECL. */
+ an lvalue of type TYPE. ERRTYPE indicates what kind of error the
+ implicit conversion is. If FNDECL is non-NULL, we are doing the
+ conversion in order to pass the PARMNUMth argument of FNDECL.
+ If FNDECL is NULL, we are doing the conversion in function pointer
+ argument passing, conversion in initialization, etc. */
convert_for_assignment (tree type, tree rhs,
@@ -7331,7 +7332,7 @@ convert_for_assignment (tree type, tree
- "parameter %d of %qD might be a candidate "
+ "parameter %qP of %qD might be a candidate "
"for a format attribute", parmnum, fndecl);
@@ -7386,7 +7387,7 @@ convert_for_assignment (tree type, tree
/* Convert RHS to be of type TYPE.
If EXP is nonzero, it is the target of the initialization.
- ERRTYPE is a string to use in error messages.
+ ERRTYPE indicates what kind of error the implicit conversion is.
Two major differences between the behavior of
`convert_for_assignment' and `convert_for_initialization'