@@ -314,17 +314,8 @@ config 8XX_MINIMAL_FPEMU
It is recommended that you build a soft-float userspace instead.
- bool "Enable IOMMU virtual merging"
+ def_bool y
depends on PPC64
- default y
- Cause IO segments sent to a device for DMA to be merged virtually
- by the IOMMU when they happen to have been allocated contiguously.
- This doesn't add pressure to the IOMMU allocator. However, some
- drivers don't support getting large merged segments coming back
- from *_map_sg().
- Most drivers don't have this problem; it is safe to say Y here.