[GIT,PULL,4/5] Samsung arm64 DT updates for v4.1
mbox

Message ID 551C3617.5040306@kernel.org
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git

Message

'Kukjin Kim' April 1, 2015, 6:16 p.m. UTC
The following changes since commit c517d838eb7d07bbe9507871fab3931deccff539:

  Linux 4.0-rc1 (2015-02-22 18:21:14 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git
tags/samsung-dt-64

for you to fetch changes up to 423c716151e254e42650ad78b30c2cd782c6f654:

  arm64: dts: Add thermal-zones dt node for exynos5433 (2015-03-27
02:13:43 +0900)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung arm64 DT updates for v4.1

- add new SoC for arm64 based exynos5433 SoC
  : exynos5433 - Octa cores for big.LITTLE architecture
  (Quad Cortex-A57 big and Quad Cortex-A53 LITTLE cores)

  : added thermal-zones, TMU sensor and I2S dt nodes
  : added ADMA, RTC, ADC, PMU, SPI/PDMA and MSHC dt nodes
  : added pinctrl, HS-I2C, Serial and basic system dt nodes

----------------------------------------------------------------
Chanwoo Choi (6):
      arm64: dts: Add dts files for 64-bit Exynos5433 SoC
      arm64: dts: Add SPI/PDMA dt node for exynos5433
      arm64: dts: Add PMU dt node for exynos5433
      arm64: dts: Add RTC and ADC dt node for exynos5433
      arm64: dts: Add TMU sensor dt node for exynos5433
      arm64: dts: Add thermal-zones dt node for exynos5433

Inha Song (2):
      arm64: dts: Add ADMA dt node for exynos5433
      arm64: dts: Add I2S dt node for exynos5433

Jaehoon Chung (1):
      arm64: dts: Add MSHC dt node for exynos5433

 .../devicetree/bindings/arm/samsung/pmu.txt        |   1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433-pinctrl.dtsi | 698 +++++++++++++++
 .../dts/exynos/exynos5433-tmu-sensor-conf.dtsi     |  22 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433-tmu.dtsi     | 231 +++++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433.dtsi         | 931
+++++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 1883 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433-pinctrl.dtsi
 create mode 100644
arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433-tmu-sensor-conf.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433-tmu.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433.dtsi

Comments

Olof Johansson April 3, 2015, 10:02 p.m. UTC | #1
On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 03:16:55AM +0900, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> The following changes since commit c517d838eb7d07bbe9507871fab3931deccff539:
> 
>   Linux 4.0-rc1 (2015-02-22 18:21:14 -0800)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git
> tags/samsung-dt-64
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to 423c716151e254e42650ad78b30c2cd782c6f654:
> 
>   arm64: dts: Add thermal-zones dt node for exynos5433 (2015-03-27
> 02:13:43 +0900)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Samsung arm64 DT updates for v4.1
> 
> - add new SoC for arm64 based exynos5433 SoC
>   : exynos5433 - Octa cores for big.LITTLE architecture
>   (Quad Cortex-A57 big and Quad Cortex-A53 LITTLE cores)
> 
>   : added thermal-zones, TMU sensor and I2S dt nodes
>   : added ADMA, RTC, ADC, PMU, SPI/PDMA and MSHC dt nodes
>   : added pinctrl, HS-I2C, Serial and basic system dt nodes
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Chanwoo Choi (6):
>       arm64: dts: Add dts files for 64-bit Exynos5433 SoC
>       arm64: dts: Add SPI/PDMA dt node for exynos5433
>       arm64: dts: Add PMU dt node for exynos5433
>       arm64: dts: Add RTC and ADC dt node for exynos5433
>       arm64: dts: Add TMU sensor dt node for exynos5433
>       arm64: dts: Add thermal-zones dt node for exynos5433
> 
> Inha Song (2):
>       arm64: dts: Add ADMA dt node for exynos5433
>       arm64: dts: Add I2S dt node for exynos5433
> 
> Jaehoon Chung (1):
>       arm64: dts: Add MSHC dt node for exynos5433
> 
>  .../devicetree/bindings/arm/samsung/pmu.txt        |   1 +
>  arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433-pinctrl.dtsi | 698 +++++++++++++++
>  .../dts/exynos/exynos5433-tmu-sensor-conf.dtsi     |  22 +
>  arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433-tmu.dtsi     | 231 +++++
>  arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433.dtsi         | 931
> +++++++++++++++++++++
>  5 files changed, 1883 insertions(+)
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433-pinctrl.dtsi
>  create mode 100644
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433-tmu-sensor-conf.dtsi
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433-tmu.dtsi
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433.dtsi

How do you even build these dts files? How did you test this branch before you
sent it to us?

Not merged.


-Olof
'Kukjin Kim' April 4, 2015, 6:45 a.m. UTC | #2
Olof Johansson wrote:
> 
> On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 03:16:55AM +0900, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> > The following changes since commit c517d838eb7d07bbe9507871fab3931deccff539:
> >
> >   Linux 4.0-rc1 (2015-02-22 18:21:14 -0800)
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git
> > tags/samsung-dt-64
> >
> > for you to fetch changes up to 423c716151e254e42650ad78b30c2cd782c6f654:
> >
> >   arm64: dts: Add thermal-zones dt node for exynos5433 (2015-03-27
> > 02:13:43 +0900)
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > Samsung arm64 DT updates for v4.1
> >
> > - add new SoC for arm64 based exynos5433 SoC
> >   : exynos5433 - Octa cores for big.LITTLE architecture
> >   (Quad Cortex-A57 big and Quad Cortex-A53 LITTLE cores)
> >
> >   : added thermal-zones, TMU sensor and I2S dt nodes
> >   : added ADMA, RTC, ADC, PMU, SPI/PDMA and MSHC dt nodes
> >   : added pinctrl, HS-I2C, Serial and basic system dt nodes
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > Chanwoo Choi (6):
> >       arm64: dts: Add dts files for 64-bit Exynos5433 SoC
> >       arm64: dts: Add SPI/PDMA dt node for exynos5433
> >       arm64: dts: Add PMU dt node for exynos5433
> >       arm64: dts: Add RTC and ADC dt node for exynos5433
> >       arm64: dts: Add TMU sensor dt node for exynos5433
> >       arm64: dts: Add thermal-zones dt node for exynos5433
> >
> > Inha Song (2):
> >       arm64: dts: Add ADMA dt node for exynos5433
> >       arm64: dts: Add I2S dt node for exynos5433
> >
> > Jaehoon Chung (1):
> >       arm64: dts: Add MSHC dt node for exynos5433
> >
> >  .../devicetree/bindings/arm/samsung/pmu.txt        |   1 +
> >  arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433-pinctrl.dtsi | 698 +++++++++++++++
> >  .../dts/exynos/exynos5433-tmu-sensor-conf.dtsi     |  22 +
> >  arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433-tmu.dtsi     | 231 +++++
> >  arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433.dtsi         | 931
> > +++++++++++++++++++++
> >  5 files changed, 1883 insertions(+)
> >  create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433-pinctrl.dtsi
> >  create mode 100644
> > arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433-tmu-sensor-conf.dtsi
> >  create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433-tmu.dtsi
> >  create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/exynos/exynos5433.dtsi
> 
+ Chanwoo, Mike

Hi Olof,

Thanks for your taking other pull-requests :-)

> How do you even build these dts files? How did you test this branch before
> you sent it to us?
> 
Yeah, your pointing out is exact. In my side, I've tested with 1) creating
exynos5433-smdk5433 board dt file and 2) adding ARCH_EXYNOS5433 config in
arch/arm64 and 3) including 5433 related clk tree, actually in linux-next.
Sorry for missing the explaining in my pull-request.

For 1), I've talked to Chanwoo about that and he is not ready to post its
board dt now and I want actual board dt for mass product would be better
in mainline. Maybe need some time...

For 2), we can add regarding updates for exynos-64 Kconfig/Makefile including
Arnd's suggestion to collapse all exynos-64 config entries in arm64/Kconfig
_later_, because current the exynos5433 dt has a dependency with 1) and clk
tree to support exynos5433 SoC.

For 3), same as For 2). Additionally as you know tipically arm-soc and clk
trees could have dependencies when new SoC supporting is added.

> Not merged.
> 
Yeah, I agreed why you didn't. In this case, how do you think about adding
support new SoC then adding board dt including above changes later?

Thanks,
Kukjin