[GIT,PULL,2/5] Samsung defconfig udpates for v4.1
mbox

Message ID 551C35F6.1090602@kernel.org
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git

Message

'Kukjin Kim' April 1, 2015, 6:16 p.m. UTC
The following changes since commit c517d838eb7d07bbe9507871fab3931deccff539:

  Linux 4.0-rc1 (2015-02-22 18:21:14 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git
tags/samsung-defconfig

for you to fetch changes up to bb84296ae52da844c9cab81e0197152a69f2f841:

  ARM: exynos_defconfig: Enable HDMI support (2015-03-27 02:00:09 +0900)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung defconfig updates for v4.1

- update exynos-defconfig
  : enable HDMI, CPUidle, ChromeOS EC chardev driver
    and thermal emulation, Marvell WiFi-Ex, CPUfreq,
    and support for NFS rootfs
  : remove EXYNOS_THERMAL_CORE define
    and disable IOMMU support until support it

----------------------------------------------------------------
Javier Martinez Canillas (5):
      ARM: exynos_defconfig: Disable IOMMU support
      ARM: exynos_defconfig: Enable Marvell WiFi-Ex support
      ARM: exynos_defconfig: Enable ChromeOS EC chardev driver
      ARM: exynos_defconfig: Enable options to mount a rootfs via NFS
      ARM: exynos_defconfig: Enable HDMI support

Krzysztof Kozlowski (1):
      ARM: exynos_defconfig: Enable CPU idle

Lukasz Majewski (3):
      ARM: exynos_defconfig: Remove CONFIG_EXYNOS_THERMAL_CORE define
      ARM: exynos_defconfig: Enable thermal emulation for Exynos TMU
      ARM: exynos_defconfig: Enable support for cpufreq on Exynos SoCs

 arch/arm/configs/exynos_defconfig | 20 ++++++++++++++++++--
 1 file changed, 18 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

Comments

Olof Johansson April 3, 2015, 9:58 p.m. UTC | #1
On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 03:16:22AM +0900, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> The following changes since commit c517d838eb7d07bbe9507871fab3931deccff539:
> 
>   Linux 4.0-rc1 (2015-02-22 18:21:14 -0800)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git
> tags/samsung-defconfig
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to bb84296ae52da844c9cab81e0197152a69f2f841:
> 
>   ARM: exynos_defconfig: Enable HDMI support (2015-03-27 02:00:09 +0900)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Samsung defconfig updates for v4.1
> 
> - update exynos-defconfig
>   : enable HDMI, CPUidle, ChromeOS EC chardev driver
>     and thermal emulation, Marvell WiFi-Ex, CPUfreq,
>     and support for NFS rootfs
>   : remove EXYNOS_THERMAL_CORE define
>     and disable IOMMU support until support it

Merged, thanks.


-Olof
Javier Martinez Canillas April 4, 2015, 6:47 a.m. UTC | #2
Hello Kukjin,

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 8:16 PM, Kukjin Kim <kgene@kernel.org> wrote:
> The following changes since commit c517d838eb7d07bbe9507871fab3931deccff539:
>
>   Linux 4.0-rc1 (2015-02-22 18:21:14 -0800)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git
> tags/samsung-defconfig
>
> for you to fetch changes up to bb84296ae52da844c9cab81e0197152a69f2f841:
>
>   ARM: exynos_defconfig: Enable HDMI support (2015-03-27 02:00:09 +0900)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Samsung defconfig updates for v4.1
>
> - update exynos-defconfig
>   : enable HDMI, CPUidle, ChromeOS EC chardev driver
>     and thermal emulation, Marvell WiFi-Ex, CPUfreq,
>     and support for NFS rootfs
>   : remove EXYNOS_THERMAL_CORE define
>     and disable IOMMU support until support it
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Javier Martinez Canillas (5):
>       ARM: exynos_defconfig: Disable IOMMU support

As I mentioned before, this also is needed for 4.0-rc to have display
working on at least Exynos5420 Peach Pit and Exynos5800 Peach Pi
Chromebooks but I saw that it is not included in your "Samsung 2nd
fixes for v4.0" git pull [0].

Maybe it can be sent directly to arm@kernel.org?

Best regards,
Javier

[0]: http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg410078.html
'Kukjin Kim' April 6, 2015, 6:49 a.m. UTC | #3
Javier Martinez Canillas wrote:
> 
> Hello Kukjin,
> 
Hi,

> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 8:16 PM, Kukjin Kim <kgene@kernel.org> wrote:
> > The following changes since commit c517d838eb7d07bbe9507871fab3931deccff539:
> >
> >   Linux 4.0-rc1 (2015-02-22 18:21:14 -0800)
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >
> >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git
> > tags/samsung-defconfig
> >
> > for you to fetch changes up to bb84296ae52da844c9cab81e0197152a69f2f841:
> >
> >   ARM: exynos_defconfig: Enable HDMI support (2015-03-27 02:00:09 +0900)
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > Samsung defconfig updates for v4.1
> >
> > - update exynos-defconfig
> >   : enable HDMI, CPUidle, ChromeOS EC chardev driver
> >     and thermal emulation, Marvell WiFi-Ex, CPUfreq,
> >     and support for NFS rootfs
> >   : remove EXYNOS_THERMAL_CORE define
> >     and disable IOMMU support until support it
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > Javier Martinez Canillas (5):
> >       ARM: exynos_defconfig: Disable IOMMU support
> 
> As I mentioned before, this also is needed for 4.0-rc to have display
> working on at least Exynos5420 Peach Pit and Exynos5800 Peach Pi
> Chromebooks but I saw that it is not included in your "Samsung 2nd
> fixes for v4.0" git pull [0].
> 
Yeah, you're right. The 'disabling IOMMU' should be queued for 4.0-rc but I've
missed. Sorry about that. As you know, the branch has been queued for 4.1
already so if we send it even the one patch for 4.0-rc, it will cause conflict.

So I think would be better if we could send it to stable after 4.1-rc1? If you
agree, I'll.

> Maybe it can be sent directly to arm@kernel.org?
> 
I don't think so because of above reason...

- Kukjin
Javier Martinez Canillas April 6, 2015, 7:49 a.m. UTC | #4
Hello Kukjin,

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 8:49 AM, Kukjin Kim <kgene@kernel.org> wrote:
> Javier Martinez Canillas wrote:
>>
>> Hello Kukjin,
>>
> Hi,
>
>> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 8:16 PM, Kukjin Kim <kgene@kernel.org> wrote:
>> > The following changes since commit c517d838eb7d07bbe9507871fab3931deccff539:
>> >
>> >   Linux 4.0-rc1 (2015-02-22 18:21:14 -0800)
>> >
>> > are available in the git repository at:
>> >
>> >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git
>> > tags/samsung-defconfig
>> >
>> > for you to fetch changes up to bb84296ae52da844c9cab81e0197152a69f2f841:
>> >
>> >   ARM: exynos_defconfig: Enable HDMI support (2015-03-27 02:00:09 +0900)
>> >
>> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
>> > Samsung defconfig updates for v4.1
>> >
>> > - update exynos-defconfig
>> >   : enable HDMI, CPUidle, ChromeOS EC chardev driver
>> >     and thermal emulation, Marvell WiFi-Ex, CPUfreq,
>> >     and support for NFS rootfs
>> >   : remove EXYNOS_THERMAL_CORE define
>> >     and disable IOMMU support until support it
>> >
>> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
>> > Javier Martinez Canillas (5):
>> >       ARM: exynos_defconfig: Disable IOMMU support
>>
>> As I mentioned before, this also is needed for 4.0-rc to have display
>> working on at least Exynos5420 Peach Pit and Exynos5800 Peach Pi
>> Chromebooks but I saw that it is not included in your "Samsung 2nd
>> fixes for v4.0" git pull [0].
>>
> Yeah, you're right. The 'disabling IOMMU' should be queued for 4.0-rc but I've
> missed. Sorry about that. As you know, the branch has been queued for 4.1
> already so if we send it even the one patch for 4.0-rc, it will cause conflict.
>
> So I think would be better if we could send it to stable after 4.1-rc1? If you
> agree, I'll.
>

Agreed.

>> Maybe it can be sent directly to arm@kernel.org?
>>
> I don't think so because of above reason...
>

Got it,  thanks for the explanation.

> - Kukjin
>

Best regards,
Javier