Patchwork [48/86] pata_legacy: add pointers to QDI65x0 documentation

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date Nov. 25, 2009, 5:08 p.m.
Message ID <20091125170802.5446.46013.sendpatchset@localhost>
Download mbox | patch
Permalink /patch/39340/
State Not Applicable
Delegated to: David Miller
Headers show

Comments

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz - Nov. 25, 2009, 5:08 p.m.
From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Subject: [PATCH] pata_legacy: add pointers to QDI65x0 documentation

Signed-off-by: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
---
 drivers/ata/pata_legacy.c |    9 ++++++++-
 1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Alan Cox - Nov. 25, 2009, 5:38 p.m.
> + *	QDI65x0 probe code based on drivers/ide/legacy/qd65xx.c
> + *	Rewritten from the work of Colten Edwards <pje120@cs.usask.ca> by
> + *	Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org>

It's not drivers/ide/legacy/qd65xx.c - because you moved it back in the
old IDE code.
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz - Nov. 25, 2009, 5:44 p.m.
On Wednesday 25 November 2009 06:38:52 pm Alan Cox wrote:
> > + *	QDI65x0 probe code based on drivers/ide/legacy/qd65xx.c
> > + *	Rewritten from the work of Colten Edwards <pje120@cs.usask.ca> by
> > + *	Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org>
> 
> It's not drivers/ide/legacy/qd65xx.c - because you moved it back in the
> old IDE code.

It was the correct path/driver when the aforementioned code was added.

--
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Alan Cox - Nov. 25, 2009, 6:12 p.m.
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:44:59 +0100
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 25 November 2009 06:38:52 pm Alan Cox wrote:
> > > + *	QDI65x0 probe code based on drivers/ide/legacy/qd65xx.c
> > > + *	Rewritten from the work of Colten Edwards <pje120@cs.usask.ca> by
> > > + *	Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org>
> > 
> > It's not drivers/ide/legacy/qd65xx.c - because you moved it back in the
> > old IDE code.
> 
> It was the correct path/driver when the aforementioned code was added.

Sure but the path has changed so its more helpful for anyone looking back
to have the right path.
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz - Nov. 25, 2009, 6:21 p.m.
On Wednesday 25 November 2009 07:12:53 pm Alan Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:44:59 +0100
> Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> > On Wednesday 25 November 2009 06:38:52 pm Alan Cox wrote:
> > > > + *	QDI65x0 probe code based on drivers/ide/legacy/qd65xx.c
> > > > + *	Rewritten from the work of Colten Edwards <pje120@cs.usask.ca> by
> > > > + *	Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org>
> > > 
> > > It's not drivers/ide/legacy/qd65xx.c - because you moved it back in the
> > > old IDE code.
> > 
> > It was the correct path/driver when the aforementioned code was added.
> 
> Sure but the path has changed so its more helpful for anyone looking back
> to have the right path.

I disagree.  The code from back then is not the same code as today and we
have git log --follow for this.

--
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Patch

Index: b/drivers/ata/pata_legacy.c
===================================================================
--- a/drivers/ata/pata_legacy.c
+++ b/drivers/ata/pata_legacy.c
@@ -25,6 +25,13 @@ 
  *		http://www.ryston.cz/petr/vlb/pdc20230b.html
  *		http://www.ryston.cz/petr/vlb/pdc20230c.html
  *		http://www.ryston.cz/petr/vlb/pdc20630.html
+ *	QDI65x0:
+ *		http://www.ryston.cz/petr/vlb/qd6500.html
+ *		http://www.ryston.cz/petr/vlb/qd6580.html
+ *
+ *	QDI65x0 probe code based on drivers/ide/legacy/qd65xx.c
+ *	Rewritten from the work of Colten Edwards <pje120@cs.usask.ca> by
+ *	Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org>
  *
  *  Unsupported but docs exist:
  *	Appian/Adaptec AIC25VL01/Cirrus Logic PD7220
@@ -35,7 +42,7 @@ 
  *  the MPIIX where the tuning is PCI side but the IDE is "ISA side".
  *
  *  Specific support is included for the ht6560a/ht6560b/opti82c611a/
- *  opti82c465mv/promise 20230c/20630/winbond83759A
+ *  opti82c465mv/promise 20230c/20630/qdi65x0/winbond83759A
  *
  *  Use the autospeed and pio_mask options with:
  *	Appian ADI/2 aka CLPD7220 or AIC25VL01.