@@ -75,10 +75,12 @@ config MTD_NAND_DENALI_SCRATCH_REG_ADDR
boards, the scratch register is at 0xFF108018.
- tristate "GPIO NAND Flash driver"
+ tristate "GPIO assisted NAND Flash driver"
depends on GPIOLIB
- This enables a GPIO based NAND flash driver.
+ This enables a NAND flash driver where control signals are
+ connected to GPIO pins, and commands and data are communicated
+ via a memory mapped interface.
tristate "NAND Flash device on Amstrad E3"
@@ -8,7 +8,9 @@
* © 2004 Simtec Electronics
- * Device driver for NAND connected via GPIO
+ * Device driver for NAND flash that uses a memory mapped interface to
+ * read/write the NAND commands and data, and GPIO pins for control signals
+ * (the DT binding refers to this as "GPIO assisted NAND flash")
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as