Patchwork [PULL,00/41] ppc patch queue 2014-05-30

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Alexander Graf
Date May 30, 2014, 12:42 p.m.
Message ID <1401453776-55285-1-git-send-email-agraf@suse.de>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/354167/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://github.com/agraf/linux-2.6.git tags/signed-kvm-ppc-next

Comments

Alexander Graf - May 30, 2014, 12:42 p.m.
Hi Paolo / Marcelo,

This is my current patch queue for ppc.  Please pull.

Alex


The following changes since commit 1f854112553a1d65363ab27d4ee3dfb4b27075fb:

  KVM: vmx: DR7 masking on task switch emulation is wrong (2014-05-22 17:47:18 +0200)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://github.com/agraf/linux-2.6.git tags/signed-kvm-ppc-next

for you to fetch changes up to d8d164a9850d486cc48081c18831680254688d0f:

  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Rework SLB switching code (2014-05-30 14:26:30 +0200)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Patch queue for ppc - 2014-05-30

In this round we have a few nice gems. PR KVM gains initial POWER8 support
as well as LE host awareness, ihe e500 targets can now properly run u-boot,
LE guests now work with PR KVM including KVM hypercalls and HV KVM guests
can now use huge pages.

On top of this there are some bug fixes.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Alexander Graf (27):
      KVM: PPC: E500: Ignore L1CSR1_ICFI,ICLFR
      KVM: PPC: E500: Add dcbtls emulation
      KVM: PPC: Book3S: PR: Fix C/R bit setting
      KVM: PPC: Book3S_32: PR: Access HTAB in big endian
      KVM: PPC: Book3S_64 PR: Access HTAB in big endian
      KVM: PPC: Book3S_64 PR: Access shadow slb in big endian
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Default to big endian guest
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: PAPR: Access HTAB in big endian
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: PAPR: Access RTAS in big endian
      KVM: PPC: PR: Fill pvinfo hcall instructions in big endian
      KVM: PPC: Make shared struct aka magic page guest endian
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Do dcbz32 patching with big endian instructions
      KVM: PPC: Book3S: Move little endian conflict to HV KVM
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Ignore PMU SPRs
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Emulate TIR register
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Handle Facility interrupt and FSCR
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Expose TAR facility to guest
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Expose EBB registers
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Expose TM registers
      KVM: PPC: Disable NX for old magic page using guests
      PPC: KVM: Make NX bit available with magic page
      PPC: ePAPR: Fix hypercall on LE guest
      KVM: PPC: Graciously fail broken LE hypercalls
      KVM: PPC: MPIC: Reset IRQ source private members
      KVM: PPC: Add CAP to indicate hcall fixes
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Use SLB entry 0
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Rework SLB switching code

Alexey Kardashevskiy (1):
      KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Fix dirty map for hugepages

Aneesh Kumar K.V (6):
      KVM: PPC: BOOK3S: PR: Enable Little Endian PR guest
      KVM: PPC: BOOK3S: PR: Fix WARN_ON with debug options on
      KVM: PPC: BOOK3S: HV: Prefer CMA region for hash page table allocation
      KVM: PPC: BOOK3S: HV: Add mixed page-size support for guest
      KVM: PPC: BOOK3S: Always use the saved DAR value
      KVM: PPC: BOOK3S: Remove open coded make_dsisr in alignment handler

Paul Mackerras (7):
      KVM: PPC: Book3S: Add ONE_REG register names that were missed
      KVM: PPC: Book3S: Move KVM_REG_PPC_WORT to an unused register number
      KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Fix check for running inside guest in global_invalidates()
      KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Put huge-page HPTEs in rmap chain for base address
      KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Make sure we don't miss dirty pages
      KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Work around POWER8 performance monitor bugs
      KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Fix machine check delivery to guest

 Documentation/virtual/kvm/api.txt         |   6 +
 Documentation/virtual/kvm/ppc-pv.txt      |  14 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/disassemble.h    |  34 +++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_asm.h        |  18 ++-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_book3s.h     |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_book3s_64.h  | 146 +++++++++++++++---
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_book3s_asm.h |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_booke.h      |   5 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_host.h       |   9 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h        |  80 +++++++++-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/reg.h            |  12 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/reg_booke.h      |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/kvm.h       |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/kvm_para.h  |   6 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/align.c               |  34 +----
 arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c         |  11 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/epapr_paravirt.c      |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/kvm.c                 |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/paca.c                |   3 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/Kconfig                  |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s.c                 | 106 ++++++++-----
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_32_mmu.c          |  41 ++---
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_32_mmu_host.c     |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_mmu.c          |  39 +++--
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_mmu_host.c     |  15 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_mmu_hv.c       | 116 ++++++++++-----
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_slb.S          |  87 +++++------
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_emulate.c         | 156 +++++++++++++-------
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_exports.c         |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c              |  48 +++---
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rm_mmu.c       |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S   |  60 +++++++-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_interrupts.S      |  23 ++-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_paired_singles.c  |  16 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_pr.c              | 238 ++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_pr_papr.c         |  16 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_rtas.c            |  29 ++++
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_segment.S         |  25 ++++
 arch/powerpc/kvm/e500_emulate.c           |  15 ++
 arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate.c                |  24 +--
 arch/powerpc/kvm/mpic.c                   |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/powerpc.c                |  64 ++++++--
 arch/powerpc/kvm/trace_pr.h               |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/slb.c                     |   2 +-
 include/uapi/linux/kvm.h                  |   1 +
 45 files changed, 1116 insertions(+), 415 deletions(-)
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe kvm-ppc" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Paolo Bonzini - May 30, 2014, 12:58 p.m.
Il 30/05/2014 14:42, Alexander Graf ha scritto:
> Hi Paolo / Marcelo,
>
> This is my current patch queue for ppc.  Please pull.
>
> Alex
>
>
> The following changes since commit 1f854112553a1d65363ab27d4ee3dfb4b27075fb:
>
>   KVM: vmx: DR7 masking on task switch emulation is wrong (2014-05-22 17:47:18 +0200)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://github.com/agraf/linux-2.6.git tags/signed-kvm-ppc-next
>
> for you to fetch changes up to d8d164a9850d486cc48081c18831680254688d0f:
>
>   KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Rework SLB switching code (2014-05-30 14:26:30 +0200)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Patch queue for ppc - 2014-05-30
>
> In this round we have a few nice gems. PR KVM gains initial POWER8 support
> as well as LE host awareness, ihe e500 targets can now properly run u-boot,
> LE guests now work with PR KVM including KVM hypercalls and HV KVM guests
> can now use huge pages.
>
> On top of this there are some bug fixes.

Thanks for sending the patches well before the merge window!

There is a conflict in capability numbers.  KVM_CAP_PPC_FIXUP_HCALL is 
102 on the branch, but will be 103 when I merge.

This will be a very large release for KVM, with over 200 patches 
scattered over all architectures except ia64 (~25 MIPS, ~20 ARM, ~40 
PPC, ~35 x86, ~80 s390).

Paolo

> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Alexander Graf (27):
>       KVM: PPC: E500: Ignore L1CSR1_ICFI,ICLFR
>       KVM: PPC: E500: Add dcbtls emulation
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S: PR: Fix C/R bit setting
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S_32: PR: Access HTAB in big endian
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S_64 PR: Access HTAB in big endian
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S_64 PR: Access shadow slb in big endian
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Default to big endian guest
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: PAPR: Access HTAB in big endian
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: PAPR: Access RTAS in big endian
>       KVM: PPC: PR: Fill pvinfo hcall instructions in big endian
>       KVM: PPC: Make shared struct aka magic page guest endian
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Do dcbz32 patching with big endian instructions
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S: Move little endian conflict to HV KVM
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Ignore PMU SPRs
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Emulate TIR register
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Handle Facility interrupt and FSCR
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Expose TAR facility to guest
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Expose EBB registers
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Expose TM registers
>       KVM: PPC: Disable NX for old magic page using guests
>       PPC: KVM: Make NX bit available with magic page
>       PPC: ePAPR: Fix hypercall on LE guest
>       KVM: PPC: Graciously fail broken LE hypercalls
>       KVM: PPC: MPIC: Reset IRQ source private members
>       KVM: PPC: Add CAP to indicate hcall fixes
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Use SLB entry 0
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Rework SLB switching code
>
> Alexey Kardashevskiy (1):
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Fix dirty map for hugepages
>
> Aneesh Kumar K.V (6):
>       KVM: PPC: BOOK3S: PR: Enable Little Endian PR guest
>       KVM: PPC: BOOK3S: PR: Fix WARN_ON with debug options on
>       KVM: PPC: BOOK3S: HV: Prefer CMA region for hash page table allocation
>       KVM: PPC: BOOK3S: HV: Add mixed page-size support for guest
>       KVM: PPC: BOOK3S: Always use the saved DAR value
>       KVM: PPC: BOOK3S: Remove open coded make_dsisr in alignment handler
>
> Paul Mackerras (7):
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S: Add ONE_REG register names that were missed
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S: Move KVM_REG_PPC_WORT to an unused register number
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Fix check for running inside guest in global_invalidates()
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Put huge-page HPTEs in rmap chain for base address
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Make sure we don't miss dirty pages
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Work around POWER8 performance monitor bugs
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Fix machine check delivery to guest
>
>  Documentation/virtual/kvm/api.txt         |   6 +
>  Documentation/virtual/kvm/ppc-pv.txt      |  14 ++
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/disassemble.h    |  34 +++++
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_asm.h        |  18 ++-
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_book3s.h     |   3 +-
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_book3s_64.h  | 146 +++++++++++++++---
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_book3s_asm.h |   2 +
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_booke.h      |   5 -
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_host.h       |   9 +-
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h        |  80 +++++++++-
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/reg.h            |  12 +-
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/reg_booke.h      |   1 +
>  arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/kvm.h       |   2 +-
>  arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/kvm_para.h  |   6 +
>  arch/powerpc/kernel/align.c               |  34 +----
>  arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c         |  11 +-
>  arch/powerpc/kernel/epapr_paravirt.c      |   5 +-
>  arch/powerpc/kernel/kvm.c                 |   2 +-
>  arch/powerpc/kernel/paca.c                |   3 +
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/Kconfig                  |   2 +-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s.c                 | 106 ++++++++-----
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_32_mmu.c          |  41 ++---
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_32_mmu_host.c     |   4 +-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_mmu.c          |  39 +++--
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_mmu_host.c     |  15 +-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_mmu_hv.c       | 116 ++++++++++-----
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_64_slb.S          |  87 +++++------
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_emulate.c         | 156 +++++++++++++-------
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_exports.c         |   1 +
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c              |  48 +++---
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rm_mmu.c       |   3 +-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S   |  60 +++++++-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_interrupts.S      |  23 ++-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_paired_singles.c  |  16 +-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_pr.c              | 238 ++++++++++++++++++++++++------
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_pr_papr.c         |  16 +-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_rtas.c            |  29 ++++
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_segment.S         |  25 ++++
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/e500_emulate.c           |  15 ++
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate.c                |  24 +--
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/mpic.c                   |   5 +-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/powerpc.c                |  64 ++++++--
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/trace_pr.h               |   2 +-
>  arch/powerpc/mm/slb.c                     |   2 +-
>  include/uapi/linux/kvm.h                  |   1 +
>  45 files changed, 1116 insertions(+), 415 deletions(-)
>

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe kvm-ppc" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Alexander Graf - May 30, 2014, 1:10 p.m.
> Am 30.05.2014 um 14:58 schrieb Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>:
> 
> Il 30/05/2014 14:42, Alexander Graf ha scritto:
>> Hi Paolo / Marcelo,
>> 
>> This is my current patch queue for ppc.  Please pull.
>> 
>> Alex
>> 
>> 
>> The following changes since commit 1f854112553a1d65363ab27d4ee3dfb4b27075fb:
>> 
>>  KVM: vmx: DR7 masking on task switch emulation is wrong (2014-05-22 17:47:18 +0200)
>> 
>> are available in the git repository at:
>> 
>>  git://github.com/agraf/linux-2.6.git tags/signed-kvm-ppc-next
>> 
>> for you to fetch changes up to d8d164a9850d486cc48081c18831680254688d0f:
>> 
>>  KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Rework SLB switching code (2014-05-30 14:26:30 +0200)
>> 
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>> Patch queue for ppc - 2014-05-30
>> 
>> In this round we have a few nice gems. PR KVM gains initial POWER8 support
>> as well as LE host awareness, ihe e500 targets can now properly run u-boot,
>> LE guests now work with PR KVM including KVM hypercalls and HV KVM guests
>> can now use huge pages.
>> 
>> On top of this there are some bug fixes.
> 
> Thanks for sending the patches well before the merge window!

Heh, I figured I'd be nice for a change. And my qemu queue is beyond 100 patches already and waiting on this one ;).

> 
> There is a conflict in capability numbers.  KVM_CAP_PPC_FIXUP_HCALL is 102 on the branch, but will be 103 when I merge.

That's ok, I've waited for the consumer of this cap until now, so the wrong number will be unused. Thanks a lot for the heads-up though :). And thanks for merging!

> 
> This will be a very large release for KVM, with over 200 patches scattered over all architectures except ia64 (~25 MIPS, ~20 ARM, ~40 PPC, ~35 x86, ~80 s390).

Woot, nice!

Alex

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe kvm-ppc" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html