Patchwork [GIT,PULL] ARM: mvebu: dt changes for v3.15 (incr. pull #3)

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Jason
Date March 1, 2014, 5:25 a.m.
Message ID <20140301052536.GS1872@titan.lakedaemon.net>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/325387/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu.git tags/mvebu-dt-3.15-3

Comments

Jason - March 1, 2014, 5:25 a.m.
Guys,

Here's another rather large round of DT changes for mvebu.  It's all
summed up below and has been in -next for a while now.

This is an incremental pull from tags/mvebu-dt-3.15-2 in the mvebu/dt
branch up to tags/mvebu-dt-3.15-3.

Please pull.

thx,

Jason.


The following changes since commit 7a5b293f2086cfc17519e586bd8f89be72a2fc4e:

  ARM: dove: Enable Dove watchdog in the devicetree (2014-02-17 21:44:09 +0000)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu.git tags/mvebu-dt-3.15-3

for you to fetch changes up to 4bb86bb97b89903ce9adfa8e33dc7a46098dd13c:

  ARM: kirkwood: Add dts file describing HP T5325 thin client (2014-02-25 20:29:22 +0000)

----------------------------------------------------------------
mvebu dt changes for v3.15 (incremental pull #3)

 - mvebu
    - merge armada 375, 380, 385 boards (mvebu/dt-3xx)

 - kirkwood
    - Add many Synology NAS boards
    - add board HP T5325
    - add L2 cache node
    - add system-controller node
    - add audio node

 - dove
    - re-add PMU interrupt controller
    - add pinctrl and global-config register

Depends:
 - tags/mvebu-dt-fixes-3.14 (mvebu/dt-fixes)
    - removed dove PMU interrupt controller

Conflicts:
 - mvebu/soc (arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile)
    - add/add conflict.
    - move CONFIG_ARCH_LPC32XX to alphabetical order (after KIRKWOOD)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Andrew Lunn (11):
      ARM: Kirkwood: Add support for Excito Bubba B3
      ARM: Kirkwood: Add DT description of QNAP 419
      ARM: Kirkwood: Add DT description of rd88f6192.
      ARM: Kirkwood: convert rd88f6281-setup.c to DT.
      DT: Vendor prefixes: Add ricoh, qnap, sii and synology
      DT: i2c: Trivial: Add sii,s35390a
      ARM: kirkwood: Instantiate L2 cache from DT.
      ARM: mvebu: Instantiate system controller in kirkwood.dtsi
      ARM: kirkwood: Add audio node to kirkwood.dtsi
      ARM: kirkwood: Add i2c alias so setting bus number
      ARM: kirkwood: Add dts file describing HP T5325 thin client

Ben Peddell (1):
      ARM: Kirkwood: Add support for many Synology NAS devices

Ezequiel Garcia (3):
      ARM: mvebu: Enable Armada 370/XP watchdog in the devicetree
      ARM: kirkwood: Add RSTOUT 'reg' entry to devicetree
      ARM: dove: Enable Dove watchdog in the devicetree

Gregory CLEMENT (1):
      ARM: mvebu: add Device Tree description of the Armada 375 SoC

Jason Cooper (5):
      Merge tag 'tags/mvebu-dt-fixes-3.14' into mvebu/dt
      Revert "ARM: dove: dt: revert PMU interrupt controller node"
      Merge branch 'mvebu/dt-3xx' into mvebu/dt
      ARM: mvebu: select dtbs from MACH_ARMADA_*

Sebastian Hesselbarth (2):
      ARM: dove: add additional pinctrl registers
      ARM: dove: add global-config register node

Thomas Petazzoni (12):
      ARM: mvebu: use GPIO DT defines in Armada 370/XP boards
      ARM: mvebu: use input DT defines in Armada 370/XP boards
      ARM: mvebu: add audio I2S controller to Armada 370 Device Tree
      ARM: mvebu: add I2C0 muxing option for Armada 370 SoC
      ARM: mvebu: add audio support to Armada 370 DB
      ARM: mvebu: enable S/PDIF audio in Armada 370 DB Device Tree
      ARM: mvebu: add Device Tree for the Armada 375 DB board
      ARM: mvebu: add Device Tree description of the Armada 380/385 SoCs
      ARM: mvebu: add Device Tree for the Armada 385 DB board
      ARM: mvebu: use C preprocessor include for Armada 375/38x DTs
      ARM: mvebu: use GIC_{SPI,PPI} in Armada 375/38x DTs
      ARM: mvebu: use macros for interrupt flags on Armada 375/38x

 .../devicetree/bindings/i2c/trivial-devices.txt    |   1 +
 .../devicetree/bindings/vendor-prefixes.txt        |   8 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile                         |  36 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-db.dts                |  56 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-mirabox.dts           |   7 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-rd.dts                |   6 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-xp.dtsi               |   4 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370.dtsi                  |  33 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-375-db.dts                | 130 +++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-375.dtsi                  | 464 +++++++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-380.dtsi                  | 117 +++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-385-db.dts                | 101 +++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-385.dtsi                  | 149 ++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-38x.dtsi                  | 351 +++++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp-axpwifiap.dts          |   6 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp-openblocks-ax3-4.dts   |  12 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp.dtsi                   |   6 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/dove.dtsi                        |  29 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-b3.dts                  | 204 +++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds109.dts               |  41 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds110jv10.dts           |  41 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds111.dts               |  44 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds112.dts               |  48 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds209.dts               |  44 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds210.dts               |  46 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds212.dts               |  47 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds212j.dts              |  41 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds409.dts               |  48 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds409slim.dts           |  40 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds411.dts               |  52 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds411j.dts              |  48 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds411slim.dts           |  48 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6192.dts           | 112 +++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6281-a0.dts        |  26 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6281-a1.dts        |  31 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6281.dtsi          | 152 ++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rs212.dts               |  48 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rs409.dts               |  44 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rs411.dts               |  44 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-synology.dtsi           | 871 +++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-t5325.dts               | 208 +++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419-6281.dts          |  20 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419-6282.dts          |  32 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419.dtsi              |  75 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood.dtsi                    |  24 +-
 45 files changed, 3976 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-375-db.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-375.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-380.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-385-db.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-385.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-38x.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-b3.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds109.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds110jv10.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds111.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds112.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds209.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds210.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds212.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds212j.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds409.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds409slim.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds411.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds411j.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds411slim.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6192.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6281-a0.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6281-a1.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6281.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rs212.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rs409.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rs411.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-synology.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-t5325.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419-6281.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419-6282.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419.dtsi
Jason - March 3, 2014, 10:26 p.m.
Guys,

Please hold off on this one.  I'm going to respin without the dove PMU
node and resend in this evening.

thx,

Jason.

On Sat, Mar 01, 2014 at 12:25:36AM -0500, Jason Cooper wrote:
> Guys,
> 
> Here's another rather large round of DT changes for mvebu.  It's all
> summed up below and has been in -next for a while now.
> 
> This is an incremental pull from tags/mvebu-dt-3.15-2 in the mvebu/dt
> branch up to tags/mvebu-dt-3.15-3.
> 
> Please pull.
> 
> thx,
> 
> Jason.
> 
> 
> The following changes since commit 7a5b293f2086cfc17519e586bd8f89be72a2fc4e:
> 
>   ARM: dove: Enable Dove watchdog in the devicetree (2014-02-17 21:44:09 +0000)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu.git tags/mvebu-dt-3.15-3
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to 4bb86bb97b89903ce9adfa8e33dc7a46098dd13c:
> 
>   ARM: kirkwood: Add dts file describing HP T5325 thin client (2014-02-25 20:29:22 +0000)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> mvebu dt changes for v3.15 (incremental pull #3)
> 
>  - mvebu
>     - merge armada 375, 380, 385 boards (mvebu/dt-3xx)
> 
>  - kirkwood
>     - Add many Synology NAS boards
>     - add board HP T5325
>     - add L2 cache node
>     - add system-controller node
>     - add audio node
> 
>  - dove
>     - re-add PMU interrupt controller
>     - add pinctrl and global-config register
> 
> Depends:
>  - tags/mvebu-dt-fixes-3.14 (mvebu/dt-fixes)
>     - removed dove PMU interrupt controller
> 
> Conflicts:
>  - mvebu/soc (arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile)
>     - add/add conflict.
>     - move CONFIG_ARCH_LPC32XX to alphabetical order (after KIRKWOOD)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Andrew Lunn (11):
>       ARM: Kirkwood: Add support for Excito Bubba B3
>       ARM: Kirkwood: Add DT description of QNAP 419
>       ARM: Kirkwood: Add DT description of rd88f6192.
>       ARM: Kirkwood: convert rd88f6281-setup.c to DT.
>       DT: Vendor prefixes: Add ricoh, qnap, sii and synology
>       DT: i2c: Trivial: Add sii,s35390a
>       ARM: kirkwood: Instantiate L2 cache from DT.
>       ARM: mvebu: Instantiate system controller in kirkwood.dtsi
>       ARM: kirkwood: Add audio node to kirkwood.dtsi
>       ARM: kirkwood: Add i2c alias so setting bus number
>       ARM: kirkwood: Add dts file describing HP T5325 thin client
> 
> Ben Peddell (1):
>       ARM: Kirkwood: Add support for many Synology NAS devices
> 
> Ezequiel Garcia (3):
>       ARM: mvebu: Enable Armada 370/XP watchdog in the devicetree
>       ARM: kirkwood: Add RSTOUT 'reg' entry to devicetree
>       ARM: dove: Enable Dove watchdog in the devicetree
> 
> Gregory CLEMENT (1):
>       ARM: mvebu: add Device Tree description of the Armada 375 SoC
> 
> Jason Cooper (5):
>       Merge tag 'tags/mvebu-dt-fixes-3.14' into mvebu/dt
>       Revert "ARM: dove: dt: revert PMU interrupt controller node"
>       Merge branch 'mvebu/dt-3xx' into mvebu/dt
>       ARM: mvebu: select dtbs from MACH_ARMADA_*
> 
> Sebastian Hesselbarth (2):
>       ARM: dove: add additional pinctrl registers
>       ARM: dove: add global-config register node
> 
> Thomas Petazzoni (12):
>       ARM: mvebu: use GPIO DT defines in Armada 370/XP boards
>       ARM: mvebu: use input DT defines in Armada 370/XP boards
>       ARM: mvebu: add audio I2S controller to Armada 370 Device Tree
>       ARM: mvebu: add I2C0 muxing option for Armada 370 SoC
>       ARM: mvebu: add audio support to Armada 370 DB
>       ARM: mvebu: enable S/PDIF audio in Armada 370 DB Device Tree
>       ARM: mvebu: add Device Tree for the Armada 375 DB board
>       ARM: mvebu: add Device Tree description of the Armada 380/385 SoCs
>       ARM: mvebu: add Device Tree for the Armada 385 DB board
>       ARM: mvebu: use C preprocessor include for Armada 375/38x DTs
>       ARM: mvebu: use GIC_{SPI,PPI} in Armada 375/38x DTs
>       ARM: mvebu: use macros for interrupt flags on Armada 375/38x
> 
>  .../devicetree/bindings/i2c/trivial-devices.txt    |   1 +
>  .../devicetree/bindings/vendor-prefixes.txt        |   8 +
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile                         |  36 +-
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-db.dts                |  56 ++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-mirabox.dts           |   7 +-
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-rd.dts                |   6 +-
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-xp.dtsi               |   4 +
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370.dtsi                  |  33 +
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-375-db.dts                | 130 +++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-375.dtsi                  | 464 +++++++++++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-380.dtsi                  | 117 +++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-385-db.dts                | 101 +++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-385.dtsi                  | 149 ++++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-38x.dtsi                  | 351 +++++++++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp-axpwifiap.dts          |   6 +-
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp-openblocks-ax3-4.dts   |  12 +-
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp.dtsi                   |   6 +
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/dove.dtsi                        |  29 +-
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-b3.dts                  | 204 +++++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds109.dts               |  41 +
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds110jv10.dts           |  41 +
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds111.dts               |  44 ++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds112.dts               |  48 ++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds209.dts               |  44 ++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds210.dts               |  46 ++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds212.dts               |  47 ++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds212j.dts              |  41 +
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds409.dts               |  48 ++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds409slim.dts           |  40 +
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds411.dts               |  52 ++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds411j.dts              |  48 ++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds411slim.dts           |  48 ++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6192.dts           | 112 +++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6281-a0.dts        |  26 +
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6281-a1.dts        |  31 +
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6281.dtsi          | 152 ++++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rs212.dts               |  48 ++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rs409.dts               |  44 ++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rs411.dts               |  44 ++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-synology.dtsi           | 871 +++++++++++++++++++++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-t5325.dts               | 208 +++++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419-6281.dts          |  20 +
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419-6282.dts          |  32 +
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419.dtsi              |  75 ++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood.dtsi                    |  24 +-
>  45 files changed, 3976 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-375-db.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-375.dtsi
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-380.dtsi
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-385-db.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-385.dtsi
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-38x.dtsi
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-b3.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds109.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds110jv10.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds111.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds112.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds209.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds210.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds212.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds212j.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds409.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds409slim.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds411.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds411j.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ds411slim.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6192.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6281-a0.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6281-a1.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rd88f6281.dtsi
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rs212.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rs409.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-rs411.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-synology.dtsi
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-t5325.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419-6281.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419-6282.dts
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419.dtsi
> 
> _______________________________________________
> linux-arm-kernel mailing list
> linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org
> http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel
Arnd Bergmann - March 17, 2014, 10:11 a.m.
On Tuesday 04 March 2014, Jason Cooper wrote:
> V2: removed the dove PMU interrupt node (er, undid the re-addition of
> the node.  ie: let the revert stand).  So, commit id's for this pull
> only are changed.  No previous pulls or tags affected.  Confirmed the
> change with a diff between the old branch and the new branch.  And did a
> run of building dtbs.  No problems.  Sorry for the confusion.
> 
> Russell just raised a very valid point today regarding the overall
> design of an eventual PMU driver that would cover several tasks we
> hadn't considered with the original binding.  Better to pull it now than
> have to support it indefinitely.  Revert of the driver in the works.
> 
> --- original text ---
> 
> Here's another rather large round of DT changes for mvebu.  It's all
> summed up below and has been in -next for a while now.
> 
> This is an incremental pull from tags/mvebu-dt-3.15-2 in the mvebu/dt
> branch up to tags/mvebu-dt-3.15-3.
> 

Pulled into next/dt now, along with the #4 and #5. I got a trivial
merge conflict against the dts Makefile change from mach-qcom and
noticed that splitting up the dtb section into per-soc breaks
alphabetical ordering, which I changed in the merge by moving
it down to the end of the list.

	Arnd
Jason - March 17, 2014, 2:23 p.m.
On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 11:11:30AM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 March 2014, Jason Cooper wrote:
> > V2: removed the dove PMU interrupt node (er, undid the re-addition of
> > the node.  ie: let the revert stand).  So, commit id's for this pull
> > only are changed.  No previous pulls or tags affected.  Confirmed the
> > change with a diff between the old branch and the new branch.  And did a
> > run of building dtbs.  No problems.  Sorry for the confusion.
> > 
> > Russell just raised a very valid point today regarding the overall
> > design of an eventual PMU driver that would cover several tasks we
> > hadn't considered with the original binding.  Better to pull it now than
> > have to support it indefinitely.  Revert of the driver in the works.
> > 
> > --- original text ---
> > 
> > Here's another rather large round of DT changes for mvebu.  It's all
> > summed up below and has been in -next for a while now.
> > 
> > This is an incremental pull from tags/mvebu-dt-3.15-2 in the mvebu/dt
> > branch up to tags/mvebu-dt-3.15-3.
> > 
> 
> Pulled into next/dt now, along with the #4 and #5. I got a trivial
> merge conflict against the dts Makefile change from mach-qcom and
> noticed that splitting up the dtb section into per-soc breaks
> alphabetical ordering, which I changed in the merge by moving
> it down to the end of the list.

Ok, I was trying to reduce conflicts by leaving things in place, then
do a fixes-non-critical patch to put things back in alphabetical order
after the dust had settled.

Stephen will probably want me to drop my resolution in mvebu's for-next
so that we don't conflict.

thx,

Jason.
Jason - March 17, 2014, 7:35 p.m.
On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 11:11:30AM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 March 2014, Jason Cooper wrote:
> > V2: removed the dove PMU interrupt node (er, undid the re-addition of
> > the node.  ie: let the revert stand).  So, commit id's for this pull
> > only are changed.  No previous pulls or tags affected.  Confirmed the
> > change with a diff between the old branch and the new branch.  And did a
> > run of building dtbs.  No problems.  Sorry for the confusion.
> > 
> > Russell just raised a very valid point today regarding the overall
> > design of an eventual PMU driver that would cover several tasks we
> > hadn't considered with the original binding.  Better to pull it now than
> > have to support it indefinitely.  Revert of the driver in the works.
> > 
> > --- original text ---
> > 
> > Here's another rather large round of DT changes for mvebu.  It's all
> > summed up below and has been in -next for a while now.
> > 
> > This is an incremental pull from tags/mvebu-dt-3.15-2 in the mvebu/dt
> > branch up to tags/mvebu-dt-3.15-3.
> > 
> 
> Pulled into next/dt now, along with the #4 and #5. I got a trivial
> merge conflict against the dts Makefile change from mach-qcom and
> noticed that splitting up the dtb section into per-soc breaks
> alphabetical ordering, which I changed in the merge by moving
> it down to the end of the list.

Ok, I've now adopted the same resolution as you wrt alphabetical order.
There is one caveat, though.  I also relocated CONFIG_MACH_KIRKWOOD down
to the end of the file as well.

thx,

Jason.
Arnd Bergmann - March 18, 2014, 12:55 p.m.
On Monday 17 March 2014, Jason Cooper wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 11:11:30AM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > On Tuesday 04 March 2014, Jason Cooper wrote:
> > Pulled into next/dt now, along with the #4 and #5. I got a trivial
> > merge conflict against the dts Makefile change from mach-qcom and
> > noticed that splitting up the dtb section into per-soc breaks
> > alphabetical ordering, which I changed in the merge by moving
> > it down to the end of the list.
> 
> Ok, I was trying to reduce conflicts by leaving things in place, then
> do a fixes-non-critical patch to put things back in alphabetical order
> after the dust had settled.

Ah, that was clearly a better plan than what I did. I actually mismerged
things at first and then spent some time cleaning it all up again.

	Arnd
Jason - March 18, 2014, 1:01 p.m.
On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 01:55:16PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Monday 17 March 2014, Jason Cooper wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 11:11:30AM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > > On Tuesday 04 March 2014, Jason Cooper wrote:
> > > Pulled into next/dt now, along with the #4 and #5. I got a trivial
> > > merge conflict against the dts Makefile change from mach-qcom and
> > > noticed that splitting up the dtb section into per-soc breaks
> > > alphabetical ordering, which I changed in the merge by moving
> > > it down to the end of the list.
> > 
> > Ok, I was trying to reduce conflicts by leaving things in place, then
> > do a fixes-non-critical patch to put things back in alphabetical order
> > after the dust had settled.
> 
> Ah, that was clearly a better plan than what I did. I actually mismerged
> things at first and then spent some time cleaning it all up again.

No problem, I should've been explicit in my intent from the beginning.
That would've saved you some work. ;-)

thx,

Jason.