Patchwork [GIT,PULL] ARM: mvebu: driver changes for v3.15

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Jason
Date March 1, 2014, 2:59 a.m.
Message ID <20140301025919.GQ1872@titan.lakedaemon.net>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/325381/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu.git tags/mvebu-drivers-3.15

Comments

Jason - March 1, 2014, 2:59 a.m.
Guys,

Here's a collection of small changes to drivers relevant to mvebu SoCs.
We typically take the mbus changes through arm-soc.  The rtc maintainer
has expressed preferences for driver changes to go through the concerned
SoC tree.  The config oneliners for the kirkwood move have been Acked by
the major subsystem maintainers.

All changes have been in -next at least 4 days.

Please pull.

thx,

Jason.

The following changes since commit 38dbfb59d1175ef458d006556061adeaa8751b72:

  Linus 3.14-rc1 (2014-02-02 16:42:13 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu.git tags/mvebu-drivers-3.15

for you to fetch changes up to ff1f0018cf66080d8e6f59791e552615648a033a:

  drivers: Enable building of Kirkwood drivers for mach-mvebu (2014-02-24 17:28:31 +0000)

----------------------------------------------------------------
mvebu drivers for v3.15

 - mvebu mbus
    - use of_find_matching_node_and_match

 - rtc
    - use PTR_ERR_OR_ZERO in isl12057
    - work around issue in mv where date returned is 2038

 - kirkwood -> mach-mvebu
    - various Kconfig oneliners to allow building kirkwood in -mvebu/

----------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew Lunn (1):
      drivers: Enable building of Kirkwood drivers for mach-mvebu

Fengguang Wu (1):
      rtc: isl12057: use PTR_ERR_OR_ZERO to fix coccinelle warnings

Josh Cartwright (1):
      bus: mvebu-mbus: make use of of_find_matching_node_and_match

Thomas Petazzoni (1):
      rtc: mv: reset date if after year 2038

 drivers/bus/mvebu-mbus.c    |  3 +--
 drivers/cpufreq/Kconfig.arm |  2 +-
 drivers/cpuidle/Kconfig.arm |  2 +-
 drivers/leds/Kconfig        |  4 ++--
 drivers/phy/Kconfig         |  2 +-
 drivers/rtc/rtc-isl12057.c  |  5 +----
 drivers/rtc/rtc-mv.c        | 12 ++++++++++++
 drivers/thermal/Kconfig     |  2 +-
 sound/soc/kirkwood/Kconfig  |  2 +-
 9 files changed, 21 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)
Jason - March 10, 2014, 3:09 p.m.
Olof,

I see you went through and handled quite a few pull requests this
weekend, but it looks like you skipped over this one I've replied to and:

[GIT PULL] ARM: mvebu: driver changes for v3.15
[GIT PULL] ARM: mvebu: soc changes for v3.15 (incr. pull #2)
[GIT PULL V2] ARM: mvebu: dt changes for v3.15 (incr. pull #3)
[GIT PULL] ARM: mvebu: defconfig changes for v3.15 (incr. pull #2)

It looks like I sent to arm@kernel.org on all of them, is there
something else I missed?

There's also another round of pull requests sent more recently, but I
haven't gotten that far through lakml yet. :)

thx,

Jason.

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 09:59:19PM -0500, Jason Cooper wrote:
> Guys,
> 
> Here's a collection of small changes to drivers relevant to mvebu SoCs.
> We typically take the mbus changes through arm-soc.  The rtc maintainer
> has expressed preferences for driver changes to go through the concerned
> SoC tree.  The config oneliners for the kirkwood move have been Acked by
> the major subsystem maintainers.
> 
> All changes have been in -next at least 4 days.
> 
> Please pull.
> 
> thx,
> 
> Jason.
> 
> The following changes since commit 38dbfb59d1175ef458d006556061adeaa8751b72:
> 
>   Linus 3.14-rc1 (2014-02-02 16:42:13 -0800)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu.git tags/mvebu-drivers-3.15
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to ff1f0018cf66080d8e6f59791e552615648a033a:
> 
>   drivers: Enable building of Kirkwood drivers for mach-mvebu (2014-02-24 17:28:31 +0000)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> mvebu drivers for v3.15
> 
>  - mvebu mbus
>     - use of_find_matching_node_and_match
> 
>  - rtc
>     - use PTR_ERR_OR_ZERO in isl12057
>     - work around issue in mv where date returned is 2038
> 
>  - kirkwood -> mach-mvebu
>     - various Kconfig oneliners to allow building kirkwood in -mvebu/
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Andrew Lunn (1):
>       drivers: Enable building of Kirkwood drivers for mach-mvebu
> 
> Fengguang Wu (1):
>       rtc: isl12057: use PTR_ERR_OR_ZERO to fix coccinelle warnings
> 
> Josh Cartwright (1):
>       bus: mvebu-mbus: make use of of_find_matching_node_and_match
> 
> Thomas Petazzoni (1):
>       rtc: mv: reset date if after year 2038
> 
>  drivers/bus/mvebu-mbus.c    |  3 +--
>  drivers/cpufreq/Kconfig.arm |  2 +-
>  drivers/cpuidle/Kconfig.arm |  2 +-
>  drivers/leds/Kconfig        |  4 ++--
>  drivers/phy/Kconfig         |  2 +-
>  drivers/rtc/rtc-isl12057.c  |  5 +----
>  drivers/rtc/rtc-mv.c        | 12 ++++++++++++
>  drivers/thermal/Kconfig     |  2 +-
>  sound/soc/kirkwood/Kconfig  |  2 +-
>  9 files changed, 21 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)
> 
> _______________________________________________
> linux-arm-kernel mailing list
> linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org
> http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel
Arnd Bergmann - March 17, 2014, 10:22 a.m.
On Monday 10 March 2014, Jason Cooper wrote:
> Olof,
> 
> I see you went through and handled quite a few pull requests this
> weekend, but it looks like you skipped over this one I've replied to and:
> 
> [GIT PULL] ARM: mvebu: driver changes for v3.15
> [GIT PULL] ARM: mvebu: soc changes for v3.15 (incr. pull #2)
> [GIT PULL V2] ARM: mvebu: dt changes for v3.15 (incr. pull #3)
> [GIT PULL] ARM: mvebu: defconfig changes for v3.15 (incr. pull #2)
> 
> It looks like I sent to arm@kernel.org on all of them, is there
> something else I missed?
> 
> There's also another round of pull requests sent more recently, but I
> haven't gotten that far through lakml yet. :)

I think I've got them all now (the defconfig one is next on my
list), please verify.

	Arnd
Jason - March 17, 2014, 3:21 p.m.
On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 11:22:08AM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Monday 10 March 2014, Jason Cooper wrote:
> > Olof,
> > 
> > I see you went through and handled quite a few pull requests this
> > weekend, but it looks like you skipped over this one I've replied to and:
> > 
> > [GIT PULL] ARM: mvebu: driver changes for v3.15
> > [GIT PULL] ARM: mvebu: soc changes for v3.15 (incr. pull #2)
> > [GIT PULL V2] ARM: mvebu: dt changes for v3.15 (incr. pull #3)
> > [GIT PULL] ARM: mvebu: defconfig changes for v3.15 (incr. pull #2)
> > 
> > It looks like I sent to arm@kernel.org on all of them, is there
> > something else I missed?
> > 
> > There's also another round of pull requests sent more recently, but I
> > haven't gotten that far through lakml yet. :)
> 
> I think I've got them all now (the defconfig one is next on my
> list), please verify.

Yep, looks like you got them all.  I know I Acked one patch to
multi_v7_defconfig for you guys to take directly.  I'll go dig that up
and ping you on that thread.

Thanks for pulling this all in!

thx,

Jason.
Olof Johansson - March 17, 2014, 8:13 p.m.
On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 11:09:26AM -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:
> Olof,
> 
> I see you went through and handled quite a few pull requests this
> weekend, but it looks like you skipped over this one I've replied to and:
> 
> [GIT PULL] ARM: mvebu: driver changes for v3.15
> [GIT PULL] ARM: mvebu: soc changes for v3.15 (incr. pull #2)
> [GIT PULL V2] ARM: mvebu: dt changes for v3.15 (incr. pull #3)
> [GIT PULL] ARM: mvebu: defconfig changes for v3.15 (incr. pull #2)
> 
> It looks like I sent to arm@kernel.org on all of them, is there
> something else I missed?
> 
> There's also another round of pull requests sent more recently, but I
> haven't gotten that far through lakml yet. :)

Nah, nothing you missed. I've noticed that when the flood of pull requests come
in from one platform, I tend to save them to last when there are smaller sets
pending. So I handled a lot of the smaller sets last weekend, but I had left
the mvebu and renesas sets. I did the renesas ones last night, and Arnd did the
rest today.


-Olof