Patchwork [GIT,PULL] ARM: mvebu: DT boards for v3.14 (incr #6)

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Jason
Date Jan. 20, 2014, 8:01 p.m.
Message ID <20140120200110.GW29184@titan.lakedaemon.net>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/312725/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu.git tags/mvebu-dt-3.14-6

Comments

Jason - Jan. 20, 2014, 8:01 p.m.
All,

I had a few boards that came in late in the cycle.  I was holding on to
them for the next round, but after Olof's comment this morning:

  Re: [PATCH 0/2] DT updates for Hummingboard and new Cubox-i
  http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg301777.html

I figured I'd send them off.  As usual, they've been in -next for a
while.  Also, this is an incremental request from tags/mvebu-dt-3.14-5
to tags/mvebu-dt-3.14-6 on the mvebu/dt branch.

If this is going to be ok for the forseeable future, I'll do a separate
branch for new boards next time around.

thx,

Jason.


The following changes since commit 2cc64b5655da65bbb6a760a722b5ab1f53f92cf7:

  ARM: Kirkwood: DT board setup for LaPlug (2013-12-25 02:03:52 +0000)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.infradead.org/linux-mvebu.git tags/mvebu-dt-3.14-6

for you to fetch changes up to 57d647cf8d32f52a505bc51c34f8074f06f00b03:

  ARM: Kirkwood: Add DT description of QNAP 419 (2014-01-14 00:46:44 +0000)

----------------------------------------------------------------
mvebu DT changes for v3.14 (incremental #6)

 - kirkwood
    - add board Excito Bubba B3
    - add board QNAP 419

----------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew Lunn (2):
      ARM: Kirkwood: Add support for Excito Bubba B3
      ARM: Kirkwood: Add DT description of QNAP 419

 arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile                |   7 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-b3.dts         | 204 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419-6281.dts |  20 +++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419-6282.dts |  32 +++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419.dtsi     |  75 +++++++++++
 5 files changed, 336 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-b3.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419-6281.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419-6282.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-ts419.dtsi
Olof Johansson - Jan. 28, 2014, 6:36 p.m.
On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Jason Cooper <jason@lakedaemon.net> wrote:
> All,
>
> I had a few boards that came in late in the cycle.  I was holding on to
> them for the next round, but after Olof's comment this morning:
>
>   Re: [PATCH 0/2] DT updates for Hummingboard and new Cubox-i
>   http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg301777.html
>
> I figured I'd send them off.  As usual, they've been in -next for a
> while.  Also, this is an incremental request from tags/mvebu-dt-3.14-5
> to tags/mvebu-dt-3.14-6 on the mvebu/dt branch.
>
> If this is going to be ok for the forseeable future, I'll do a separate
> branch for new boards next time around.

I should probably clarify my previous statement. I don't think we want
a free-for-all on new DT contents all the way up until -rc<lownumber>,
but what we can allow sometimes is new DT files when there's good
reason to do so -- for example for platforms where a lot of new code
has landed and it's been hard to sequence DT updates with the rest,
etc.

So, if you send these late requests please be prepared to motivate
them. :) These don't look urgent to me so I think we'll queue them for
3.15 once -rc1 is out, if that's OK with you.


-Olof
Jason - Jan. 28, 2014, 6:41 p.m.
On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 10:36:51AM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Jason Cooper <jason@lakedaemon.net> wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > I had a few boards that came in late in the cycle.  I was holding on to
> > them for the next round, but after Olof's comment this morning:
> >
> >   Re: [PATCH 0/2] DT updates for Hummingboard and new Cubox-i
> >   http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg301777.html
> >
> > I figured I'd send them off.  As usual, they've been in -next for a
> > while.  Also, this is an incremental request from tags/mvebu-dt-3.14-5
> > to tags/mvebu-dt-3.14-6 on the mvebu/dt branch.
> >
> > If this is going to be ok for the forseeable future, I'll do a separate
> > branch for new boards next time around.
> 
> I should probably clarify my previous statement. I don't think we want
> a free-for-all on new DT contents all the way up until -rc<lownumber>,
> but what we can allow sometimes is new DT files when there's good
> reason to do so -- for example for platforms where a lot of new code
> has landed and it's been hard to sequence DT updates with the rest,
> etc.

ok, no problem.

> So, if you send these late requests please be prepared to motivate
> them. :) These don't look urgent to me so I think we'll queue them for
> 3.15 once -rc1 is out, if that's OK with you.

Yep, I just didn't want to miss the boat. :)  Please drop this request
and I'll queue these up for post-rc1.

thx,

Jason.