@@ -18,8 +18,6 @@ mpc52xx.txt
- Linux 2.6.x on MPC52xx family
- MPC5200 Device Tree Bindings
- - use and state info about Linux/PPC on MP machines
- info on sound support under Linux/PPC
@@ -1,34 +0,0 @@
- Information about Linux/PPC SMP mode
-This document and the related code was written by me
-(Cort Dougan, email@example.com) please email me if you have questions,
-comments or corrections.
-Last Change: 3.31.99
-If you want to help by writing code or testing different hardware please
-1. State of Supported Hardware
- PowerSurge Architecture - tested on UMAX s900, Apple 9600
- The second processor on this machine boots up just fine and
- enters its idle loop. Hopefully a completely working SMP kernel
- on this machine will be done shortly.
- The code makes the assumption of only two processors. The changes
- necessary to work with any number would not be overly difficult but
- I don't have any machines with >2 processors so it's not high on my
- list of priorities. If anyone else would like do to the work email
- me and I can point out the places that need changed. If you have >2
- processors and don't want to add support yourself let me know and I
- can take a look into it.
- BeBox support hasn't been added to the 2.1.X kernels from 2.0.X
- but work is being done and SMP support for BeBox is in the works.
- CHRP SMP works and is fairly solid. It's been tested on the IBM F50
- with 4 processors for quite some time now.