Patchwork [PULL,v2,00/30] Block patches

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Kevin Wolf
Date Oct. 31, 2013, 3:48 p.m.
Message ID <1383234524-372-1-git-send-email-kwolf@redhat.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/287517/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://repo.or.cz/qemu/kevin.git tags/for-anthony

Comments

Kevin Wolf - Oct. 31, 2013, 3:48 p.m.
The following changes since commit fc8ead74674b7129e8f31c2595c76658e5622197:

  Merge remote-tracking branch 'qemu-kvm/uq/master' into staging (2013-10-18 10:03:24 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:


  git://repo.or.cz/qemu/kevin.git tags/for-anthony

for you to fetch changes up to f4c129a38a5430b7342a7a23f53a22831154612f:

  vmdk: Implment bdrv_get_specific_info (2013-10-31 14:44:43 +0100)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Block patches for 1.7.0-rc0 (v2)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Alexander Graf (1):
      ahci: fix win7 hang on boot

Eric Blake (1):
      qapi: fix documentation example

Fam Zheng (4):
      qemu-iotests: drop duplicated "create_image"
      qemu-iotests: prefill some data to test image
      qapi: Add optional field 'compressed' to ImageInfo
      vmdk: Implment bdrv_get_specific_info

Kevin Wolf (5):
      exec: Fix bounce buffer allocation in address_space_map()
      ide-test: Check what happens with bus mastering disabled
      tests: Multiboot mmap test case
      block: Avoid unecessary drv->bdrv_getlength() calls
      qemu-iotests: Fix 051 reference output

Liu Yuan (2):
      sheepdog: explicitly set copies as type uint8_t
      sheepdog: pass copy_policy in the request

MORITA Kazutaka (8):
      sheepdog: check return values of qemu_co_recv/send correctly
      sheepdog: handle vdi objects in resend_aio_req
      sheepdog: reload inode outside of resend_aioreq
      coroutine: add co_aio_sleep_ns() to allow sleep in block drivers
      sheepdog: try to reconnect to sheepdog after network error
      sheepdog: make add_aio_request and send_aioreq void functions
      sheepdog: cancel aio requests if possible
      sheepdog: check simultaneous create in resend_aioreq

Max Reitz (6):
      qcow2: Restore total_sectors value in save_vmstate
      qcow2: Unset zero_beyond_eof in save_vmstate
      qemu-iotests: Test for loading VM state from qcow2
      qcow2: Flush image after creation
      block: Don't copy backing file name on error
      qemu-iotests: Test case for backing file deletion

Peter Lieven (2):
      qemu-img: add special exit code if bdrv_check is not supported
      block/vpc: check that the image has not been truncated

Thibaut LAURENT (1):
      block: Disable BDRV_O_COPY_ON_READ for the backing file

 block.c                     |  14 +-
 block/qcow2.c               |  19 +++
 block/raw-posix.c           |   9 +-
 block/raw-win32.c           |   4 +-
 block/raw_bsd.c             |   1 +
 block/sheepdog.c            | 352 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
 block/vmdk.c                |  68 ++++++++-
 block/vpc.c                 |   7 +
 docs/qapi-code-gen.txt      |   2 +-
 exec.c                      |   4 +-
 hw/ide/ahci.c               |   3 +-
 include/block/block_int.h   |   3 +
 include/block/coroutine.h   |   9 ++
 qapi-schema.json            |  28 +++-
 qemu-coroutine-sleep.c      |  14 ++
 qemu-img.c                  |   2 +-
 tests/ide-test.c            |  26 ++++
 tests/multiboot/Makefile    |  18 +++
 tests/multiboot/libc.c      | 139 +++++++++++++++++
 tests/multiboot/libc.h      |  61 ++++++++
 tests/multiboot/link.ld     |  19 +++
 tests/multiboot/mmap.c      |  56 +++++++
 tests/multiboot/mmap.out    |  93 ++++++++++++
 tests/multiboot/multiboot.h |  66 +++++++++
 tests/multiboot/run_test.sh |  81 ++++++++++
 tests/multiboot/start.S     |  51 +++++++
 tests/qemu-iotests/030      |   4 +
 tests/qemu-iotests/040      |  14 +-
 tests/qemu-iotests/051.out  |   2 +-
 tests/qemu-iotests/059      |   2 +-
 tests/qemu-iotests/059.out  |   5 +-
 tests/qemu-iotests/068      |  65 ++++++++
 tests/qemu-iotests/068.out  |  11 ++
 tests/qemu-iotests/069      |  59 ++++++++
 tests/qemu-iotests/069.out  |   8 +
 tests/qemu-iotests/group    |   2 +
 36 files changed, 1157 insertions(+), 164 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 tests/multiboot/Makefile
 create mode 100644 tests/multiboot/libc.c
 create mode 100644 tests/multiboot/libc.h
 create mode 100644 tests/multiboot/link.ld
 create mode 100644 tests/multiboot/mmap.c
 create mode 100644 tests/multiboot/mmap.out
 create mode 100644 tests/multiboot/multiboot.h
 create mode 100755 tests/multiboot/run_test.sh
 create mode 100644 tests/multiboot/start.S
 create mode 100755 tests/qemu-iotests/068
 create mode 100644 tests/qemu-iotests/068.out
 create mode 100755 tests/qemu-iotests/069
 create mode 100644 tests/qemu-iotests/069.out
Anthony Liguori - Oct. 31, 2013, 8:50 p.m.
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Kevin Wolf <kwolf@redhat.com> wrote:
> The following changes since commit fc8ead74674b7129e8f31c2595c76658e5622197:
>
>   Merge remote-tracking branch 'qemu-kvm/uq/master' into staging (2013-10-18 10:03:24 -0700)
>
> are available in the git repository at:

make check is failing for me.  It's very consistent.  See below:

  /x86_64/ide/bmdma/setup:                                             OK
  /x86_64/ide/bmdma/simple_rw:                                         OK
  /x86_64/ide/bmdma/short_prdt:                                        OK
  /x86_64/ide/bmdma/long_prdt:                                         OK
  /x86_64/ide/bmdma/no_busmaster:
Broken pipe
FAIL
GTester: last random seed: R02Sc1c266d6688697d47a58af063ff343c5
(pid=720)
  /x86_64/ide/bmdma/teardown:                                          FAIL
GTester: last random seed: R02S2c481529260b1d513b7a498b45a5b420
(pid=736)
FAIL: tests/ide-test

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

>
>   git://repo.or.cz/qemu/kevin.git tags/for-anthony
>
> for you to fetch changes up to f4c129a38a5430b7342a7a23f53a22831154612f:
>
>   vmdk: Implment bdrv_get_specific_info (2013-10-31 14:44:43 +0100)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Block patches for 1.7.0-rc0 (v2)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Alexander Graf (1):
>       ahci: fix win7 hang on boot
>
> Eric Blake (1):
>       qapi: fix documentation example
>
> Fam Zheng (4):
>       qemu-iotests: drop duplicated "create_image"
>       qemu-iotests: prefill some data to test image
>       qapi: Add optional field 'compressed' to ImageInfo
>       vmdk: Implment bdrv_get_specific_info
>
> Kevin Wolf (5):
>       exec: Fix bounce buffer allocation in address_space_map()
>       ide-test: Check what happens with bus mastering disabled
>       tests: Multiboot mmap test case
>       block: Avoid unecessary drv->bdrv_getlength() calls
>       qemu-iotests: Fix 051 reference output
>
> Liu Yuan (2):
>       sheepdog: explicitly set copies as type uint8_t
>       sheepdog: pass copy_policy in the request
>
> MORITA Kazutaka (8):
>       sheepdog: check return values of qemu_co_recv/send correctly
>       sheepdog: handle vdi objects in resend_aio_req
>       sheepdog: reload inode outside of resend_aioreq
>       coroutine: add co_aio_sleep_ns() to allow sleep in block drivers
>       sheepdog: try to reconnect to sheepdog after network error
>       sheepdog: make add_aio_request and send_aioreq void functions
>       sheepdog: cancel aio requests if possible
>       sheepdog: check simultaneous create in resend_aioreq
>
> Max Reitz (6):
>       qcow2: Restore total_sectors value in save_vmstate
>       qcow2: Unset zero_beyond_eof in save_vmstate
>       qemu-iotests: Test for loading VM state from qcow2
>       qcow2: Flush image after creation
>       block: Don't copy backing file name on error
>       qemu-iotests: Test case for backing file deletion
>
> Peter Lieven (2):
>       qemu-img: add special exit code if bdrv_check is not supported
>       block/vpc: check that the image has not been truncated
>
> Thibaut LAURENT (1):
>       block: Disable BDRV_O_COPY_ON_READ for the backing file
>
>  block.c                     |  14 +-
>  block/qcow2.c               |  19 +++
>  block/raw-posix.c           |   9 +-
>  block/raw-win32.c           |   4 +-
>  block/raw_bsd.c             |   1 +
>  block/sheepdog.c            | 352 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
>  block/vmdk.c                |  68 ++++++++-
>  block/vpc.c                 |   7 +
>  docs/qapi-code-gen.txt      |   2 +-
>  exec.c                      |   4 +-
>  hw/ide/ahci.c               |   3 +-
>  include/block/block_int.h   |   3 +
>  include/block/coroutine.h   |   9 ++
>  qapi-schema.json            |  28 +++-
>  qemu-coroutine-sleep.c      |  14 ++
>  qemu-img.c                  |   2 +-
>  tests/ide-test.c            |  26 ++++
>  tests/multiboot/Makefile    |  18 +++
>  tests/multiboot/libc.c      | 139 +++++++++++++++++
>  tests/multiboot/libc.h      |  61 ++++++++
>  tests/multiboot/link.ld     |  19 +++
>  tests/multiboot/mmap.c      |  56 +++++++
>  tests/multiboot/mmap.out    |  93 ++++++++++++
>  tests/multiboot/multiboot.h |  66 +++++++++
>  tests/multiboot/run_test.sh |  81 ++++++++++
>  tests/multiboot/start.S     |  51 +++++++
>  tests/qemu-iotests/030      |   4 +
>  tests/qemu-iotests/040      |  14 +-
>  tests/qemu-iotests/051.out  |   2 +-
>  tests/qemu-iotests/059      |   2 +-
>  tests/qemu-iotests/059.out  |   5 +-
>  tests/qemu-iotests/068      |  65 ++++++++
>  tests/qemu-iotests/068.out  |  11 ++
>  tests/qemu-iotests/069      |  59 ++++++++
>  tests/qemu-iotests/069.out  |   8 +
>  tests/qemu-iotests/group    |   2 +
>  36 files changed, 1157 insertions(+), 164 deletions(-)
>  create mode 100644 tests/multiboot/Makefile
>  create mode 100644 tests/multiboot/libc.c
>  create mode 100644 tests/multiboot/libc.h
>  create mode 100644 tests/multiboot/link.ld
>  create mode 100644 tests/multiboot/mmap.c
>  create mode 100644 tests/multiboot/mmap.out
>  create mode 100644 tests/multiboot/multiboot.h
>  create mode 100755 tests/multiboot/run_test.sh
>  create mode 100644 tests/multiboot/start.S
>  create mode 100755 tests/qemu-iotests/068
>  create mode 100644 tests/qemu-iotests/068.out
>  create mode 100755 tests/qemu-iotests/069
>  create mode 100644 tests/qemu-iotests/069.out
Paolo Bonzini - Oct. 31, 2013, 9:52 p.m.
Il 31/10/2013 21:50, Anthony Liguori ha scritto:
>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/setup:                                             OK
>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/simple_rw:                                         OK
>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/short_prdt:                                        OK
>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/long_prdt:                                         OK
>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/no_busmaster:
> Broken pipe
> FAIL
> GTester: last random seed: R02Sc1c266d6688697d47a58af063ff343c5
> (pid=720)
>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/teardown:                                          FAIL
> GTester: last random seed: R02S2c481529260b1d513b7a498b45a5b420
> (pid=736)
> FAIL: tests/ide-test

It might not help, but I suggest that you merge "[PATCH 1.7] timers: fix
stop/cont with -icount" before anything else.

Paolo
Anthony Liguori - Nov. 1, 2013, 7:22 a.m.
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com> wrote:
> Il 31/10/2013 21:50, Anthony Liguori ha scritto:
>>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/setup:                                             OK
>>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/simple_rw:                                         OK
>>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/short_prdt:                                        OK
>>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/long_prdt:                                         OK
>>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/no_busmaster:
>> Broken pipe
>> FAIL
>> GTester: last random seed: R02Sc1c266d6688697d47a58af063ff343c5
>> (pid=720)
>>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/teardown:                                          FAIL
>> GTester: last random seed: R02S2c481529260b1d513b7a498b45a5b420
>> (pid=736)
>> FAIL: tests/ide-test
>
> It might not help, but I suggest that you merge "[PATCH 1.7] timers: fix
> stop/cont with -icount" before anything else.

It appears to help actually.  I'll do some more testing and push if I
don't find anything else.  Thanks Paolo!

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

> Paolo
Kevin Wolf - Nov. 4, 2013, 11 a.m.
Am 31.10.2013 um 21:50 hat Anthony Liguori geschrieben:
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Kevin Wolf <kwolf@redhat.com> wrote:
> > The following changes since commit fc8ead74674b7129e8f31c2595c76658e5622197:
> >
> >   Merge remote-tracking branch 'qemu-kvm/uq/master' into staging (2013-10-18 10:03:24 -0700)
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> 
> make check is failing for me.  It's very consistent.  See below:
> 
>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/setup:                                             OK
>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/simple_rw:                                         OK
>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/short_prdt:                                        OK
>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/long_prdt:                                         OK
>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/no_busmaster:
> Broken pipe
> FAIL
> GTester: last random seed: R02Sc1c266d6688697d47a58af063ff343c5
> (pid=720)
>   /x86_64/ide/bmdma/teardown:                                          FAIL
> GTester: last random seed: R02S2c481529260b1d513b7a498b45a5b420
> (pid=736)
> FAIL: tests/ide-test

I see that you already merged this, but just to make sure I ran 'make
check-qtest-x86_64' multiple times on two different machines on the tag
I used for this pull request, and I couldn't reproduce it.

I wonder what the difference between our test environments is.

Kevin