Patchwork [PULL,00/15] trivial patches for 2013-09-14

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Michael Tokarev
Date Sept. 14, 2013, 7:47 p.m.
Message ID <1379188061-7634-1-git-send-email-mjt@msgid.tls.msk.ru>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/274934/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.corpit.ru/qemu.git trivial-patches

Comments

Michael Tokarev - Sept. 14, 2013, 7:47 p.m.
Just a bit late but here's the next trivial-patches pull request.

Thanks,

/mjt

The following changes since commit 2d1fe1873a984d1c2c89ffa3d12949cafc718551:

  Merge remote-tracking branch 'pmaydell/tags/pull-target-arm-20130910' into staging (2013-09-11 14:46:52 -0500)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.corpit.ru/qemu.git trivial-patches

for you to fetch changes up to f47873f7d5a67ec8c5411abec9786beb8f691a46:

  configure: Enable extra compiler warnings (2013-09-14 23:42:44 +0400)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Anthony PERARD (1):
      docs: Fix IO port number for CPU present bitmap.

Markus Armbruster (1):
      trace-events: Clean up with scripts/cleanup-trace-events.pl again

Michael Tokarev (2):
      vscclient: remove unnecessary use of uninitialized variable
      iov: avoid "orig_len may be used unitialized" warning

Michal Privoznik (1):
      configure: Undefine _FORTIFY_SOURCE prior using it

Richard Henderson (1):
      tcg-sparc: Fix parenthesis warning

Richard W.M. Jones (1):
      q35: Fix typo in constant DEFUALT -> DEFAULT.

Stefan Weil (7):
      *-user: Fix typo in comment (ulocking -> unlocking)
      translate-all: Fix formatting of dump output
      MAINTAINERS: Add missing entry to filelist for TCI target
      *-user: Improve documentation for lock_user function
      tci: Fix qemu-alpha on 32 bit hosts (wrong assertions)
      Makefile: Remove some more files when cleaning
      configure: Enable extra compiler warnings

Tobias Markus (1):
      target-i386: Fix segment cache dump

 MAINTAINERS                     |    1 +
 Makefile                        |    4 +++-
 bsd-user/qemu.h                 |    6 +++---
 configure                       |   14 +++++++++-----
 docs/specs/acpi_cpu_hotplug.txt |    2 +-
 hw/pci-host/q35.c               |    2 +-
 include/hw/pci-host/q35.h       |    2 +-
 libcacard/vscclient.c           |    3 +--
 linux-user/qemu.h               |    6 +++---
 target-i386/helper.c            |    4 +++-
 tcg/sparc/tcg-target.h          |    2 +-
 tci.c                           |   12 ------------
 trace-events                    |    3 +--
 translate-all.c                 |    5 +++--
 util/iov.c                      |   10 ++++------
 15 files changed, 35 insertions(+), 41 deletions(-)
Anthony Liguori - Sept. 17, 2013, 3:06 p.m.
On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Michael Tokarev <mjt@tls.msk.ru> wrote:
> Just a bit late but here's the next trivial-patches pull request.
>
> Thanks,

Breaks the build:

/home/anthony/git/qemu/cpu-exec.c: In function ‘cpu_alpha_exec’:
/home/anthony/git/qemu/cpu-exec.c:204:15: error: variable ‘cpu’ might
be clobbered by ‘longjmp’ or ‘vfork’ [-Werror=clobbered]
/home/anthony/git/qemu/cpu-exec.c:202:28: error: argument ‘env’ might
be clobbered by ‘longjmp’ or ‘vfork’ [-Werror=clobbered]
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

I think it's one of the warning patches from Stefan.  I cannot bisect
here.  My gcc info is below:

[10:05 AM] anthony🐵 titi:~/build/qemu$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.6.real
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6.1/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu/Linaro
4.6.1-9ubuntu3'
--with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.6/README.Bugs
--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++,go --prefix=/usr
--program-suffix=-4.6 --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id
--with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext
--enable-threads=posix --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.6
--libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ --enable-clocale=gnu
--enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --enable-plugin
--enable-objc-gc --disable-werror --with-arch-32=i686
--with-tune=generic --enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu
--host=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.6.1 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.1-9ubuntu3)

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

>
> /mjt
>
> The following changes since commit 2d1fe1873a984d1c2c89ffa3d12949cafc718551:
>
>   Merge remote-tracking branch 'pmaydell/tags/pull-target-arm-20130910' into staging (2013-09-11 14:46:52 -0500)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://git.corpit.ru/qemu.git trivial-patches
>
> for you to fetch changes up to f47873f7d5a67ec8c5411abec9786beb8f691a46:
>
>   configure: Enable extra compiler warnings (2013-09-14 23:42:44 +0400)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Anthony PERARD (1):
>       docs: Fix IO port number for CPU present bitmap.
>
> Markus Armbruster (1):
>       trace-events: Clean up with scripts/cleanup-trace-events.pl again
>
> Michael Tokarev (2):
>       vscclient: remove unnecessary use of uninitialized variable
>       iov: avoid "orig_len may be used unitialized" warning
>
> Michal Privoznik (1):
>       configure: Undefine _FORTIFY_SOURCE prior using it
>
> Richard Henderson (1):
>       tcg-sparc: Fix parenthesis warning
>
> Richard W.M. Jones (1):
>       q35: Fix typo in constant DEFUALT -> DEFAULT.
>
> Stefan Weil (7):
>       *-user: Fix typo in comment (ulocking -> unlocking)
>       translate-all: Fix formatting of dump output
>       MAINTAINERS: Add missing entry to filelist for TCI target
>       *-user: Improve documentation for lock_user function
>       tci: Fix qemu-alpha on 32 bit hosts (wrong assertions)
>       Makefile: Remove some more files when cleaning
>       configure: Enable extra compiler warnings
>
> Tobias Markus (1):
>       target-i386: Fix segment cache dump
>
>  MAINTAINERS                     |    1 +
>  Makefile                        |    4 +++-
>  bsd-user/qemu.h                 |    6 +++---
>  configure                       |   14 +++++++++-----
>  docs/specs/acpi_cpu_hotplug.txt |    2 +-
>  hw/pci-host/q35.c               |    2 +-
>  include/hw/pci-host/q35.h       |    2 +-
>  libcacard/vscclient.c           |    3 +--
>  linux-user/qemu.h               |    6 +++---
>  target-i386/helper.c            |    4 +++-
>  tcg/sparc/tcg-target.h          |    2 +-
>  tci.c                           |   12 ------------
>  trace-events                    |    3 +--
>  translate-all.c                 |    5 +++--
>  util/iov.c                      |   10 ++++------
>  15 files changed, 35 insertions(+), 41 deletions(-)
>
Stefan Weil - Sept. 17, 2013, 4:38 p.m.
Am 17.09.2013 17:06, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
> On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Michael Tokarev <mjt@tls.msk.ru> wrote:
>> Just a bit late but here's the next trivial-patches pull request.
>>
>> Thanks,
> Breaks the build:
>
> /home/anthony/git/qemu/cpu-exec.c: In function ‘cpu_alpha_exec’:
> /home/anthony/git/qemu/cpu-exec.c:204:15: error: variable ‘cpu’ might
> be clobbered by ‘longjmp’ or ‘vfork’ [-Werror=clobbered]
> /home/anthony/git/qemu/cpu-exec.c:202:28: error: argument ‘env’ might
> be clobbered by ‘longjmp’ or ‘vfork’ [-Werror=clobbered]
> cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
>
> I think it's one of the warning patches from Stefan.  I cannot bisect
> here.  My gcc info is below:

Yes, it's the new -Wextra compiler (see "configure: Enable extra
compiler warnings").
Some versions of gcc complain about this code in cpu-exec.c:

            /* Reload env after longjmp - the compiler may have smashed all
             * local variables as longjmp is marked 'noreturn'. */
            cpu = current_cpu;
            env = cpu->env_ptr;

I think that lines can be simply removed (which also fixes the warning).
Please apply the trivial patches without my -Wextra patch or wait until
I have sent a patch to fix cpu-exec.c.

Regards
Stefan
Michael Tokarev - Sept. 18, 2013, 8:19 a.m.
17.09.2013 19:06, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Michael Tokarev <mjt@tls.msk.ru> wrote:
>> Just a bit late but here's the next trivial-patches pull request.
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> Breaks the build:
>
> /home/anthony/git/qemu/cpu-exec.c: In function ‘cpu_alpha_exec’:
> /home/anthony/git/qemu/cpu-exec.c:204:15: error: variable ‘cpu’ might
> be clobbered by ‘longjmp’ or ‘vfork’ [-Werror=clobbered]

Which system do you use to compile stuff?  I verified the series on a few
versions of Debian and on a FreeBSD system, none shows any bad stuff.
I'd like to test on a system similar to what you use to avoid breakage
in the future.

Speaking of this series, is it okay if I'll rebase with fixups and
re-send the pull request?

Thanks,

/mjt