Patchwork [GIT,PULL,08/10] Samsung SoC EXYNOS5420 for v3.11

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Kukjin Kim
Date June 18, 2013, 8 p.m.
Message ID <51C0BC74.1060502@samsung.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/252422/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git

Comments

Kukjin Kim - June 18, 2013, 8 p.m.
The following changes since commit 79d743c177f99d6854e152d9e7fac5bbbeb7c25e:

   clk: exynos5250: Add enum entries for divider clock of i2s1 and i2s2 
(2013-06-19 03:28:43 +0900)

are available in the git repository at:

   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git 
tags/soc-exynos5420-1

for you to fetch changes up to eff4e7c7f32a4e4be60b19b209ffab5cb430b385:

   ARM: EXYNOS: extend soft-reset support for EXYNOS5420 (2013-06-19 
04:09:37 +0900)

----------------------------------------------------------------
based on tags/common-clk-audio
- add support for exynos5420 SoC

----------------------------------------------------------------
Chander Kashyap (10):
       ARM: dts: fork out common EXYNOS5 nodes
       ARM: dts: list the CPU nodes for EXYNOS5250
       ARM: EXYNOS: Add support for EXYNOS5420 SoC
       serial: samsung: select EXYNOS specific driver data if 
ARCH_EXYNOS is defined
       ARM: EXYNOS: use four additional chipid bits to identify EXYNOS 
family
       clk: exynos5420: register clocks using common clock framework
       ARM: dts: Add initial device tree support for EXYNOS5420
       clocksource: exynos_mct: use (request/free)_irq calls for local 
timer registration
       ARM: EXYNOS: add secondary CPU boot base location for EXYNOS5420
       ARM: EXYNOS: extend soft-reset support for EXYNOS5420

  .../devicetree/bindings/clock/exynos5420-clock.txt | 201 ++++++
  arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile                         |   1 +
  arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5.dtsi                     | 111 +++
  arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5250.dtsi                  |  78 +--
  arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5420-smdk5420.dts          |  33 +
  arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5420.dtsi                  | 103 +++
  arch/arm/mach-exynos/Kconfig                       |  10 +
  arch/arm/mach-exynos/common.c                      |  18 +-
  arch/arm/mach-exynos/include/mach/uncompress.h     |   7 +-
  arch/arm/mach-exynos/mach-exynos5-dt.c             |   1 +
  arch/arm/mach-exynos/platsmp.c                     |  12 +-
  arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/cpu.h           |   8 +
  drivers/clk/samsung/Makefile                       |   1 +
  drivers/clk/samsung/clk-exynos5420.c               | 762 
+++++++++++++++++++++
  drivers/clocksource/exynos_mct.c                   |  35 +-
  drivers/tty/serial/samsung.c                       |   4 +-
  16 files changed, 1279 insertions(+), 106 deletions(-)
  create mode 100644 
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/clock/exynos5420-clock.txt
  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5.dtsi
  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5420-smdk5420.dts
  create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5420.dtsi
  create mode 100644 drivers/clk/samsung/clk-exynos5420.c
Arnd Bergmann - June 20, 2013, 8:58 p.m.
On Tuesday 18 June 2013, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> based on tags/common-clk-audio
> - add support for exynos5420 SoC
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------

This is causing me a little pain because of the deep dependency
chain. I'll probably have to create a next/soc2 branch, but
will first try to merge the Renesas pull requests, which may have
similar problems.

If it's possible to rebase this one not to have any dependencies
other than the branches merged into next/cleanup and next/soc,
I can pull it more easily, as long as I can figure out how
to merge it with the common-clk-audio branch.

	Arnd
Kukjin Kim - June 20, 2013, 10:58 p.m.
Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> 
> On Tuesday 18 June 2013, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > based on tags/common-clk-audio
> > - add support for exynos5420 SoC
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> This is causing me a little pain because of the deep dependency
> chain.

Yeah could be, but I thought it's better to avoid useless merge conflicts...

> I'll probably have to create a next/soc2 branch, but
> will first try to merge the Renesas pull requests, which may have
> similar problems.
> 
> If it's possible to rebase this one not to have any dependencies
> other than the branches merged into next/cleanup and next/soc,
> I can pull it more easily, as long as I can figure out how
> to merge it with the common-clk-audio branch.
> 
I see, BTW as you can see, the common-clk-audio touches all of samsung dt
files to use '#include' instead of '/include/' so I couldn't remove the
dependencies :( sorry about that.

If anything is required, please kindly let me know.

Thanks,
- Kukjin
Arnd Bergmann - June 21, 2013, 7:36 a.m.
On Friday 21 June 2013, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> > I'll probably have to create a next/soc2 branch, but
> > will first try to merge the Renesas pull requests, which may have
> > similar problems.
> > 
> > If it's possible to rebase this one not to have any dependencies
> > other than the branches merged into next/cleanup and next/soc,
> > I can pull it more easily, as long as I can figure out how
> > to merge it with the common-clk-audio branch.
> > 
> I see, BTW as you can see, the common-clk-audio touches all of samsung dt
> files to use '#include' instead of '/include/' so I couldn't remove the
> dependencies :( sorry about that.
> 
> If anything is required, please kindly let me know.

No, we'll figure it out.

I think a better solution would have been to do the change do the
dts files in a separate "cleanup" branch and have everything else
that touches those files build on that branch. That way you could
have maintained the flat hierarchy.

I'll just merge it as a 'late' branch for now.

	Arnd
Arnd Bergmann - June 21, 2013, 1:03 p.m.
On Tuesday 18 June 2013, Kukjin Kim wrote:
> The following changes since commit 79d743c177f99d6854e152d9e7fac5bbbeb7c25e:
> 
>    clk: exynos5250: Add enum entries for divider clock of i2s1 and i2s2 
> (2013-06-19 03:28:43 +0900)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kgene/linux-samsung.git 
> tags/soc-exynos5420-1
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to eff4e7c7f32a4e4be60b19b209ffab5cb430b385:
> 
>    ARM: EXYNOS: extend soft-reset support for EXYNOS5420 (2013-06-19 
> 04:09:37 +0900)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> based on tags/common-clk-audio
> - add support for exynos5420 SoC
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Chander Kashyap (10):
>        ARM: dts: fork out common EXYNOS5 nodes
>        ARM: dts: list the CPU nodes for EXYNOS5250
>        ARM: EXYNOS: Add support for EXYNOS5420 SoC
>        serial: samsung: select EXYNOS specific driver data if 
> ARCH_EXYNOS is defined
>        ARM: EXYNOS: use four additional chipid bits to identify EXYNOS 
> family
>        clk: exynos5420: register clocks using common clock framework
>        ARM: dts: Add initial device tree support for EXYNOS5420
>        clocksource: exynos_mct: use (request/free)_irq calls for local 
> timer registration
>        ARM: EXYNOS: add secondary CPU boot base location for EXYNOS5420
>        ARM: EXYNOS: extend soft-reset support for EXYNOS5420
> 

Pulled into next/late now to avoid the dependencies.

	Arnd