@@ -489,12 +489,10 @@ void mark_page_accessed(struct page *page)
- * Order of operations is important: flush the pagevec when it's already
- * full, not when adding the last page, to make sure that last page is
- * not added to the LRU directly when passed to this function. Because
- * mark_page_accessed() (called after this when writing) only activates
- * pages that are on the LRU, linear writes in subpage chunks would see
- * every PAGEVEC_SIZE page activated, which is unexpected.
+ * Queue the page for addition to the LRU via pagevec. The decision on whether
+ * to add the page to the [in]active [file|anon] list is deferred until the
+ * pagevec is drained. This gives a chance for the caller of __lru_cache_add()
+ * have the page added to the active list using mark_page_accessed().
void __lru_cache_add(struct page *page)