Patchwork [GIT,PULL] OMAP PM cleanups for v3.10

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Kevin Hilman
Date May 16, 2013, 2:02 p.m.
Message ID <87ppwrt43o.fsf@linaro.org>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/244330/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-omap-pm.git tags/omap-pm-v3.10/cleanup/pm

Comments

Kevin Hilman - May 16, 2013, 2:02 p.m.
Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:14:52AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
>> Hi,
>> 
>> Added Olof to cc, I suggest Olof pull this directly as we're starting
>> to run out of time.
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm terribly sorry for dropping this one on the floor, in spite of repeated
> pings from Tony. :(
>
> If it wasn't for the fact that we're pushing back on some of the other
> late submissions I'd be open to taking this, but to be fair it makes
> more sense to merge it right after -rc1. The changes don't look like
> they're truly critical for 3.10, and you should still be able to use
> this as a base for your 3.11 changes, so hopefully this doesn't cause
> too much trouble.
>
> So, please resend right after the merge window closes.

Pull request below.  It is unchanged and merges cleanly with v3.10-rc1.

Kevin

The following changes since commit c309f7f46167e85d1aae2fd31f23e7d2b5cdfbe0:

  Merge branch 'for_3.10/omap_generic_cleanup_v2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ssantosh/linux into omap-for-v3.10/cleanup-v2 (2013-03-28 14:45:31 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:


  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-omap-pm.git tags/omap-pm-v3.10/cleanup/pm

for you to fetch changes up to 705814b5ea6ff69d4da8ad581c3da5d26d1eae83:

  ARM: OMAP4+: PM: Consolidate OMAP4 PM code to re-use it for OMAP5 (2013-04-09 10:53:06 -0700)

----------------------------------------------------------------
OMAP PM cleanups for v3.10

----------------------------------------------------------------
Santosh Shilimkar (4):
      ARM: OMAP4: PM: Avoid expensive cpu_suspend() path for all CPU power states except off
      ARM: OMAP4+: PM: Consolidate MPU subsystem PM code for re-use
      ARM: OMAP4+: Make secondary_startup function name more consistent
      ARM: OMAP4+: PM: Consolidate OMAP4 PM code to re-use it for OMAP5

 arch/arm/mach-omap2/common.h              |  4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-headsmp.S        |  8 ++--
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-mpuss-lowpower.c | 69 +++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-smp.c            |  6 +--
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/pm44xx.c              | 58 +++++++++++++++++++++-----
 5 files changed, 113 insertions(+), 32 deletions(-)
Tony Lindgren - May 16, 2013, 3:30 p.m.
* Kevin Hilman <khilman@linaro.org> [130516 07:08]:
> Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> writes:
> 
> > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:14:52AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> 
> >> Added Olof to cc, I suggest Olof pull this directly as we're starting
> >> to run out of time.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm terribly sorry for dropping this one on the floor, in spite of repeated
> > pings from Tony. :(
> >
> > If it wasn't for the fact that we're pushing back on some of the other
> > late submissions I'd be open to taking this, but to be fair it makes
> > more sense to merge it right after -rc1. The changes don't look like
> > they're truly critical for 3.10, and you should still be able to use
> > this as a base for your 3.11 changes, so hopefully this doesn't cause
> > too much trouble.
> >
> > So, please resend right after the merge window closes.
> 
> Pull request below.  It is unchanged and merges cleanly with v3.10-rc1.

I've pulled this into omap-for-v3.11/pm. Olof, you can also pull Kevin's
branch now or later on along with other omap pull requests whichever you
prefer.

Regards,

Tony
 
> The following changes since commit c309f7f46167e85d1aae2fd31f23e7d2b5cdfbe0:
> 
>   Merge branch 'for_3.10/omap_generic_cleanup_v2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ssantosh/linux into omap-for-v3.10/cleanup-v2 (2013-03-28 14:45:31 -0700)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
> 
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-omap-pm.git tags/omap-pm-v3.10/cleanup/pm
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to 705814b5ea6ff69d4da8ad581c3da5d26d1eae83:
> 
>   ARM: OMAP4+: PM: Consolidate OMAP4 PM code to re-use it for OMAP5 (2013-04-09 10:53:06 -0700)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> OMAP PM cleanups for v3.10
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Santosh Shilimkar (4):
>       ARM: OMAP4: PM: Avoid expensive cpu_suspend() path for all CPU power states except off
>       ARM: OMAP4+: PM: Consolidate MPU subsystem PM code for re-use
>       ARM: OMAP4+: Make secondary_startup function name more consistent
>       ARM: OMAP4+: PM: Consolidate OMAP4 PM code to re-use it for OMAP5
> 
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/common.h              |  4 +-
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-headsmp.S        |  8 ++--
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-mpuss-lowpower.c | 69 +++++++++++++++++++++++++------
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-smp.c            |  6 +--
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/pm44xx.c              | 58 +++++++++++++++++++++-----
>  5 files changed, 113 insertions(+), 32 deletions(-)
Olof Johansson - May 21, 2013, 6:07 a.m.
On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 08:30:23AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Kevin Hilman <khilman@linaro.org> [130516 07:08]:
> > Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> writes:
> > 
> > > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:14:52AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > >> Hi,
> > >> 
> > >> Added Olof to cc, I suggest Olof pull this directly as we're starting
> > >> to run out of time.
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm terribly sorry for dropping this one on the floor, in spite of repeated
> > > pings from Tony. :(
> > >
> > > If it wasn't for the fact that we're pushing back on some of the other
> > > late submissions I'd be open to taking this, but to be fair it makes
> > > more sense to merge it right after -rc1. The changes don't look like
> > > they're truly critical for 3.10, and you should still be able to use
> > > this as a base for your 3.11 changes, so hopefully this doesn't cause
> > > too much trouble.
> > >
> > > So, please resend right after the merge window closes.
> > 
> > Pull request below.  It is unchanged and merges cleanly with v3.10-rc1.
> 
> I've pulled this into omap-for-v3.11/pm. Olof, you can also pull Kevin's
> branch now or later on along with other omap pull requests whichever you
> prefer.

I'll hold off until you've batched it with other things, just as easy for
everyone that way I think.

Thanks!

-Olof