Patchwork [GIT,PULL] Urgent omap timer fix for current merge window

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Tony Lindgren
Date May 6, 2013, 11:46 p.m.
Message ID <20130506234610.GK28721@atomide.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/241837/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap tags/omap-for-v3.10/fixes-for-merge-window

Comments

Tony Lindgren - May 6, 2013, 11:46 p.m.
The following changes since commit dc2d3db8137fba0f62d7517e1bea8a47f69fcbc4:

  Merge tag 'omap-for-v3.10/timer-signed' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap into next/drivers (2013-04-08 19:30:48 +0200)

are available in the git repository at:


  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap tags/omap-for-v3.10/fixes-for-merge-window

for you to fetch changes up to 08a48be32ff31d38bcfec7d210c954cb62fd5cd7:

  ARM: OMAP4: change the device names in usb_bind_phy (2013-05-06 16:39:16 -0700)

----------------------------------------------------------------
An urgent fix for a timer mismerge for and a regression fix for
musb device naming change.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Kishon Vijay Abraham I (1):
      ARM: OMAP4: change the device names in usb_bind_phy

Vaibhav Hiremath (1):
      ARM: OMAP2+: Fix mismerge for timer.c between ff931c82 and da4a686a

 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-4430sdp.c    | 2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-omap4panda.c | 2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/timer.c            | 4 ++++
 3 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
Russell King - ARM Linux - May 7, 2013, 12:02 p.m.
On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 04:46:11PM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> Vaibhav Hiremath (1):
>       ARM: OMAP2+: Fix mismerge for timer.c between ff931c82 and da4a686a

Neither your pull request subject nor the above summary line really
sum up what the problem is - the real problem is "fix breakage causing
OMAP to fail to boot".

I've just been chasing this problem and the descriptions given on this
just suggest that it's a timer issue not a non-boot issue.
Arnd Bergmann - May 7, 2013, 12:48 p.m.
On Tuesday 07 May 2013, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> The following changes since commit dc2d3db8137fba0f62d7517e1bea8a47f69fcbc4:
> 
>   Merge tag 'omap-for-v3.10/timer-signed' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap into next/drivers (2013-04-08 19:30:48 +0200)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
> 
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap tags/omap-for-v3.10/fixes-for-merge-window
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to 08a48be32ff31d38bcfec7d210c954cb62fd5cd7:
> 
>   ARM: OMAP4: change the device names in usb_bind_phy (2013-05-06 16:39:16 -0700)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> An urgent fix for a timer mismerge for and a regression fix for
> musb device naming change.
> 

Hi Tony,

Russell also ran into this problem, so I'm including these in the late/cleanup branch,
which I'll send to Linus later today.

Thanks,

	Arnd
Tony Lindgren - May 7, 2013, 3:04 p.m.
* Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@arm.linux.org.uk> [130507 05:07]:
> On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 04:46:11PM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > Vaibhav Hiremath (1):
> >       ARM: OMAP2+: Fix mismerge for timer.c between ff931c82 and da4a686a
> 
> Neither your pull request subject nor the above summary line really
> sum up what the problem is - the real problem is "fix breakage causing
> OMAP to fail to boot".
> 
> I've just been chasing this problem and the descriptions given on this
> just suggest that it's a timer issue not a non-boot issue.

Oops yes sorry if the description was a bit unclear.

Regards,

Tony
Tony Lindgren - May 7, 2013, 3:04 p.m.
* Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de> [130507 05:54]:
> On Tuesday 07 May 2013, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > The following changes since commit dc2d3db8137fba0f62d7517e1bea8a47f69fcbc4:
> > 
> >   Merge tag 'omap-for-v3.10/timer-signed' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap into next/drivers (2013-04-08 19:30:48 +0200)
> > 
> > are available in the git repository at:
> > 
> > 
> >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap tags/omap-for-v3.10/fixes-for-merge-window
> > 
> > for you to fetch changes up to 08a48be32ff31d38bcfec7d210c954cb62fd5cd7:
> > 
> >   ARM: OMAP4: change the device names in usb_bind_phy (2013-05-06 16:39:16 -0700)
> > 
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > An urgent fix for a timer mismerge for and a regression fix for
> > musb device naming change.
> > 
> 
> Hi Tony,
> 
> Russell also ran into this problem, so I'm including these in the late/cleanup branch,
> which I'll send to Linus later today.

Thanks!

Tony