Patchwork [GIT,PULL,V3,1/4] mvebu driver changes for v3.10

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Jason
Date April 19, 2013, 5:21 p.m.
Message ID <20130419172135.GJ27197@titan.lakedaemon.net>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/238062/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux.git tags/drivers-3.10-2

Comments

Jason - April 19, 2013, 5:21 p.m.
I have dropped:

  9ecbe03 pci: infrastructure to add drivers in drivers/pci/host

Since Gregory said they didn't need it.

thx,

Jason.

The following changes since commit 8bb9660418e05bb1845ac1a2428444d78e322cc7:

  Linux 3.9-rc4 (2013-03-23 16:52:44 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux.git tags/drivers-3.10-2

for you to fetch changes up to a5eddfb24302b9cfb37ce5f0911f090681507fcb:

  clk: mvebu: add more PCIe clocks for Armada XP (2013-04-19 17:15:42 +0000)

----------------------------------------------------------------
mvebu drivers for v3.10 round 2

 - mvebu
    - device bus driver (Acked by gregkh to go through arm-soc)
    - PCIe prep work Acked by appropriate maintainers (of,pci,clk) for arm-soc

----------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew Murray (3):
      of/pci: Unify pci_process_bridge_OF_ranges from Microblaze and PowerPC
      of/pci: Provide support for parsing PCI DT ranges property
      of/pci: mips: convert to common of_pci_range_parser

Ezequiel Garcia (1):
      drivers: memory: Introduce Marvell EBU Device Bus driver

Neil Greatorex (1):
      bus: mvebu-mbus: Restore checking for coherency fabric hardware

Thierry Reding (2):
      of/pci: Add of_pci_get_devfn() function
      of/pci: Add of_pci_parse_bus_range() function

Thomas Petazzoni (4):
      bus: introduce an Marvell EBU MBus driver
      bus: mvebu: fix mistake in PCIe window target attribute for Kirkwood
      clk: mvebu: create parent-child relation for PCIe clocks on Armada 370
      clk: mvebu: add more PCIe clocks for Armada XP

 .../bindings/memory-controllers/mvebu-devbus.txt   | 156 ++++
 arch/microblaze/include/asm/pci-bridge.h           |   5 +-
 arch/microblaze/pci/pci-common.c                   | 192 -----
 arch/mips/pci/pci.c                                |  50 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/pci-bridge.h              |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/pci-common.c                   | 192 -----
 drivers/bus/Kconfig                                |   7 +
 drivers/bus/Makefile                               |   1 +
 drivers/bus/mvebu-mbus.c                           | 870 +++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/clk/mvebu/clk-gating-ctrl.c                |  18 +-
 drivers/memory/Kconfig                             |  10 +
 drivers/memory/Makefile                            |   1 +
 drivers/memory/mvebu-devbus.c                      | 340 ++++++++
 drivers/of/address.c                               |  67 ++
 drivers/of/of_pci.c                                | 228 +++++-
 include/linux/mbus.h                               |  24 +-
 include/linux/of_address.h                         |  46 ++
 include/linux/of_pci.h                             |   6 +
 18 files changed, 1780 insertions(+), 438 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/memory-controllers/mvebu-devbus.txt
 create mode 100644 drivers/bus/mvebu-mbus.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/memory/mvebu-devbus.c




On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 06:12:09PM +0200, Gregory CLEMENT wrote:
> On 04/19/2013 04:34 PM, Gregory CLEMENT wrote:
> > On 04/19/2013 04:09 PM, Olof Johansson wrote:
> >> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:
> >>> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:04:16AM -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>> The following changes since commit 8bb9660418e05bb1845ac1a2428444d78e322cc7:
> >>>>
> >>>>   Linux 3.9-rc4 (2013-03-23 16:52:44 -0700)
> >>>>
> >>>> are available in the git repository at:
> >>>>
> >>>>   git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux.git tags/drivers-3.10-2
> >>>>
> >>>> for you to fetch changes up to ac7b07ec369324063e52c37b3fb0ad1a1814d879:
> >>>>
> >>>>   clk: mvebu: add more PCIe clocks for Armada XP (2013-04-16 14:47:01 +0000)
> >>>
> >>> Pulled, thanks.
> >>
> >> Dropped due to build errors on powerpc64. 3.11 material now.
> >>
> > 
> > Wait! That means dropping _all_ the change done in mvebu for 3.10 just
> > for one patch in the of/pci part?
> > 
> > Jason, did you take the accurate patch? Because according to Grant
> > Likely, the build didn't fail on ppc, see:
> > 
> > http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg238517.html
> 
> I investigated it a little more and my first assumption was wrong,
> the faulty commit was not the one I think. I didn't work directly
> on the PCIe part, and Thomas who did it is currently in the plane.
> 
> So instead of throwing everything, could you just remove the
> offending commit, AFAIK we don't need it yet, (the patch
> depending of this one are located in the mvebu-late/pcie branch):
> 
> 9ecbe03 pci: infrastructure to add drivers in drivers/pci/host
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> > 
> > 
> >>
> >> -Olof
> >>
> > 
> > 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Gregory Clement, Free Electrons
> Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux
> development, consulting, training and support.
> http://free-electrons.com
Olof Johansson - April 19, 2013, 5:24 p.m.
On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Jason Cooper <jason@lakedaemon.net> wrote:
>
> I have dropped:
>
>   9ecbe03 pci: infrastructure to add drivers in drivers/pci/host
>
> Since Gregory said they didn't need it.
>
> thx,
>
> Jason.
>
> The following changes since commit 8bb9660418e05bb1845ac1a2428444d78e322cc7:
>
>   Linux 3.9-rc4 (2013-03-23 16:52:44 -0700)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux.git tags/drivers-3.10-2
>
> for you to fetch changes up to a5eddfb24302b9cfb37ce5f0911f090681507fcb:
>
>   clk: mvebu: add more PCIe clocks for Armada XP (2013-04-19 17:15:42 +0000)

Sorry, not pulling this for 3.10.

There will likely not be another linux-next before the merge window
opens, so there is no time for trial and error.

Please send a new pull request after -rc1.


Thanks,

-Olof
Gregory CLEMENT - April 19, 2013, 5:41 p.m.
On 04/19/2013 07:24 PM, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Jason Cooper <jason@lakedaemon.net> wrote:
>>
>> I have dropped:
>>
>>   9ecbe03 pci: infrastructure to add drivers in drivers/pci/host
>>
>> Since Gregory said they didn't need it.
>>
>> thx,
>>
>> Jason.
>>
>> The following changes since commit 8bb9660418e05bb1845ac1a2428444d78e322cc7:
>>
>>   Linux 3.9-rc4 (2013-03-23 16:52:44 -0700)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>   git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux.git tags/drivers-3.10-2
>>
>> for you to fetch changes up to a5eddfb24302b9cfb37ce5f0911f090681507fcb:
>>
>>   clk: mvebu: add more PCIe clocks for Armada XP (2013-04-19 17:15:42 +0000)
> 
> Sorry, not pulling this for 3.10.

I don't ask you to pull anything, just to revert this single
commit which have been identified to break the build.

However it would sound very strange to me to drop the dozen of
other commits which are not at all related to this one.


> 
> There will likely not be another linux-next before the merge window
> opens, so there is no time for trial and error.
> 
> Please send a new pull request after -rc1.
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> -Olof
>
Olof Johansson - April 19, 2013, 5:50 p.m.
On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Gregory CLEMENT
<gregory.clement@free-electrons.com> wrote:
> On 04/19/2013 07:24 PM, Olof Johansson wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Jason Cooper <jason@lakedaemon.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have dropped:
>>>
>>>   9ecbe03 pci: infrastructure to add drivers in drivers/pci/host
>>>
>>> Since Gregory said they didn't need it.
>>>
>>> thx,
>>>
>>> Jason.
>>>
>>> The following changes since commit 8bb9660418e05bb1845ac1a2428444d78e322cc7:
>>>
>>>   Linux 3.9-rc4 (2013-03-23 16:52:44 -0700)
>>>
>>> are available in the git repository at:
>>>
>>>   git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux.git tags/drivers-3.10-2
>>>
>>> for you to fetch changes up to a5eddfb24302b9cfb37ce5f0911f090681507fcb:
>>>
>>>   clk: mvebu: add more PCIe clocks for Armada XP (2013-04-19 17:15:42 +0000)
>>
>> Sorry, not pulling this for 3.10.
>
> I don't ask you to pull anything, just to revert this single
> commit which have been identified to break the build.
>
> However it would sound very strange to me to drop the dozen of
> other commits which are not at all related to this one.

The granularity for us is branches, where we merge and drop them as
needed. If you want to start submitting patches for us to apply
instead, so we can apply and revert them as needed then that's
something we could consider, but it's definitely not something we do
for large platforms today.

I know this code has been posted for quite a while, and it's well past
due for going in, but the pull requests came in so late that it in all
honesty I shouldn't have picked them up in the first place. I tried to
do you a favor, and because of that Stephen Rothwell ended up
reverting back to the previous day's arm-soc contents for linux-next,
effectively dropping coverage for any other platform that I also
picked up code for.

Since that was likely the last linux-next before the merge window,
there's not much else to do at this point.


-Olof