Patchwork [GIT,PULL,for,3.10] pull request from armsoc/dt branch in pxa git tree

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Haojian Zhuang
Date April 13, 2013, 4:13 a.m.
Message ID <CAN1soZxcmHMABTGi6FBtXysmY0TwWx7cdEvf1_ycHv2RtCLcpw@mail.gmail.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/236297/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://github.com/hzhuang1/linux.git armsoc/dt

Comments

Haojian Zhuang - April 13, 2013, 4:13 a.m.
Hi Arnd & Olof,

Please help to pull armsoc/dt branch from pxa git tree. These patches
are used to enable hi3xxx SoC
and they're depend on Rob's clock source patches.

Regards
Haojian

The following changes since commit f6161aa153581da4a3867a2d1a7caf4be19b6ec9:

  Linux 3.9-rc2 (2013-03-10 16:54:19 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://github.com/hzhuang1/linux.git armsoc/dt

for you to fetch changes up to 280aab1bbd0521381cba7aa942db388b15cec6bd:

  ARM: config: append arch hi3xxx into multi defconfig (2013-04-13
11:54:04 +0800)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Arnd Bergmann (2):
      clocksource: make CLOCKSOURCE_OF_DECLARE type safe
      ARM: make machine_desc->init_time default to clocksource_of_init

Haojian Zhuang (6):
      devtree: add binding documentation for sp804
      ARM: debug: support debug ll on hisilicon soc
      clk: hi3xxx: add clock support
      ARM: hi3xxx: add board support with device tree
      ARM: hi3xxx: enable hi4511 with device tree
      ARM: config: append arch hi3xxx into multi defconfig

Rob Herring (17):
      clocksource: add empty version of clocksource_of_init
      clocksource: pass DT node pointer to init functions
      clocksource: tegra20: use the device_node pointer passed to init
      ARM: smp_twd: convert to use CLKSRC_OF init
      ARM: sched_clock: allow changing to higher frequency counter
      ARM: make sched_clock just call a function pointer
      ARM: arch_timer: use full 64-bit counter for sched_clock
      ARM: convert arm/arm64 arch timer to use CLKSRC_OF init
      OF: add empty of_device_is_available for !OF
      ARM: timer-sp: convert to use CLKSRC_OF init
      ARM: highbank: use OF init for sp804 timer
      ARM: vexpress: remove sp804 OF init
      ARM: dts: vexpress: disable CA9 core tile sp804 timer
      ARM: vexpress: remove extra timer-sp control register clearing
      ARM: versatile: add versatile dtbs to dtbs target
      ARM: versatile: use OF init for sp804 timer
      ARM: integrator-cp: convert use CLKSRC_OF for timer init

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/hisilicon/hisilicon.txt |   10 +
 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/clock/hisilicon.txt         |   73 +++++
 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/timer/arm,sp804.txt         |   29 ++
 arch/arm/Kconfig                                              |    4 +
 arch/arm/Kconfig.debug                                        |   15 ++
 arch/arm/Makefile                                             |    1 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile                                    |    3 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/hi3620.dtsi                                 | 1155
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/hi4511.dts                                  |  738
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/integratorcp.dts                            |    6 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/versatile-ab.dts                            |   12 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/vexpress-v2p-ca9.dts                        |    1 +
 arch/arm/common/timer-sp.c                                    |  140 ++++++++--
 arch/arm/configs/multi_v7_defconfig                           |    1 +
 arch/arm/include/asm/arch_timer.h                             |   13 +-
 arch/arm/include/asm/hardware/timer-sp.h                      |   16 +-
 arch/arm/include/asm/sched_clock.h                            |    2 +
 arch/arm/include/asm/smp_twd.h                                |    8 -
 arch/arm/include/debug/hisilicon.S                            |   30 +++
 arch/arm/kernel/arch_timer.c                                  |   29 +-
 arch/arm/kernel/sched_clock.c                                 |   15 +-
 arch/arm/kernel/smp_twd.c                                     |   17 +-
 arch/arm/kernel/time.c                                        |    7 +-
 arch/arm/mach-exynos/mach-exynos5-dt.c                        |    1 -
 arch/arm/mach-exynos/mct.c                                    |    6 -
 arch/arm/mach-hi3xxx/Kconfig                                  |   13 +
 arch/arm/mach-hi3xxx/Makefile                                 |    5 +
 arch/arm/mach-hi3xxx/hi3xxx.c                                 |   45 ++++
 arch/arm/mach-highbank/highbank.c                             |   27 +-
 arch/arm/mach-imx/mach-imx6q.c                                |    5 +-
 arch/arm/mach-integrator/integrator_cp.c                      |   34 ---
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/timer.c                                   |    7 +-
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/board-kzm9d.c                          |    1 -
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/setup-emev2.c                          |    1 -
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/setup-r8a7740.c                        |    1 -
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/setup-sh7372.c                         |    1 -
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/setup-sh73a0.c                         |    1 -
 arch/arm/mach-shmobile/timer.c                                |    7 +-
 arch/arm/mach-spear13xx/spear13xx.c                           |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-ux500/timer.c                                   |    3 +-
 arch/arm/mach-versatile/core.c                                |   26 +-
 arch/arm/mach-versatile/versatile_dt.c                        |    1 -
 arch/arm/mach-vexpress/v2m.c                                  |   25 +-
 arch/arm/mach-virt/virt.c                                     |    9 -
 arch/arm64/include/asm/arch_timer.h                           |    5 +
 arch/arm64/kernel/time.c                                      |    6 +-
 drivers/clk/Makefile                                          |    1 +
 drivers/clk/clk-hi3xxx.c                                      |  643
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/clocksource/Kconfig                                   |    1 +
 drivers/clocksource/arm_arch_timer.c                          |   23 +-
 drivers/clocksource/bcm2835_timer.c                           |   12 +-
 drivers/clocksource/clksrc-of.c                               |    5 +-
 drivers/clocksource/tegra20_timer.c                           |   73 ++---
 drivers/clocksource/vt8500_timer.c                            |   16 +-
 include/clocksource/arm_arch_timer.h                          |    6 -
 include/linux/clocksource.h                                   |   12 +-
 include/linux/of.h                                            |    5 +
 57 files changed, 3053 insertions(+), 303 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/hisilicon/hisilicon.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/clock/hisilicon.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/timer/arm,sp804.txt
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/hi3620.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/hi4511.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/include/debug/hisilicon.S
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-hi3xxx/Kconfig
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-hi3xxx/Makefile
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-hi3xxx/hi3xxx.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/clk/clk-hi3xxx.c
Olof Johansson - April 13, 2013, 7:09 a.m.
Hi,

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 12:13:14PM +0800, Haojian Zhuang wrote:
> Hi Arnd & Olof,
> 
> Please help to pull armsoc/dt branch from pxa git tree. These patches
> are used to enable hi3xxx SoC
> and they're depend on Rob's clock source patches.
> 
> Regards
> Haojian
> 
> The following changes since commit f6161aa153581da4a3867a2d1a7caf4be19b6ec9:
> 
>   Linux 3.9-rc2 (2013-03-10 16:54:19 -0700)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://github.com/hzhuang1/linux.git armsoc/dt

First of all, please try to move your repo somewhere else than github. We
really prefer to see signed tags when repos come from github or gitorious
or other similar sites. Maybe you can get a linaro git repo instead?

That's not a showstopper in this case though, since there's only a few
patches here and easy for us to review.

A couple of more important comments below.

> Haojian Zhuang (6):
>       devtree: add binding documentation for sp804
>       ARM: debug: support debug ll on hisilicon soc
>       clk: hi3xxx: add clock support

I didn't see an Acked-by from Mike Turquette on this one. Since this driver is
an addition to his subsystem, I would like to see one. It could even go through
his tree since this is all new platform code.

Not only that, but when I went searching for email to find reviews of this
patch, I see that Arnd had a round of comments including a request to move
hs_init_clocks() that, according to the email, was addressed but this patch
does not seem to have moved.

>       ARM: hi3xxx: add board support with device tree
>       ARM: hi3xxx: enable hi4511 with device tree
>       ARM: config: append arch hi3xxx into multi defconfig

Given the comments above, and the currently late time for 3.10, I think this
will be better held off for more review and a merge for 3.11. Please get the
above taken care of and resubmit to us as soon as 3.10-rc1 is out and we'll
stage it for 3.11. The code does look nice and clean and looks to be in good
shape, so there should be no problem to get it in for 3.10.


-Olof
Haojian Zhuang - April 13, 2013, 1:14 p.m.
On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 12:13:14PM +0800, Haojian Zhuang wrote:
>> Hi Arnd & Olof,
>>
>> Please help to pull armsoc/dt branch from pxa git tree. These patches
>> are used to enable hi3xxx SoC
>> and they're depend on Rob's clock source patches.
>>
>> Regards
>> Haojian
>>
>> The following changes since commit f6161aa153581da4a3867a2d1a7caf4be19b6ec9:
>>
>>   Linux 3.9-rc2 (2013-03-10 16:54:19 -0700)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>   git://github.com/hzhuang1/linux.git armsoc/dt
>
> First of all, please try to move your repo somewhere else than github. We
> really prefer to see signed tags when repos come from github or gitorious
> or other similar sites. Maybe you can get a linaro git repo instead?
>
Sure. Let me move the git repo and use tags for pull request.

> That's not a showstopper in this case though, since there's only a few
> patches here and easy for us to review.
>
> A couple of more important comments below.
>
>> Haojian Zhuang (6):
>>       devtree: add binding documentation for sp804
>>       ARM: debug: support debug ll on hisilicon soc
>>       clk: hi3xxx: add clock support
>
> I didn't see an Acked-by from Mike Turquette on this one. Since this driver is
> an addition to his subsystem, I would like to see one. It could even go through
> his tree since this is all new platform code.
>
I'll resend these patches and wait Mike to Ack them.

> Not only that, but when I went searching for email to find reviews of this
> patch, I see that Arnd had a round of comments including a request to move
> hs_init_clocks() that, according to the email, was addressed but this patch
> does not seem to have moved.
>
>>       ARM: hi3xxx: add board support with device tree
>>       ARM: hi3xxx: enable hi4511 with device tree
>>       ARM: config: append arch hi3xxx into multi defconfig
>
> Given the comments above, and the currently late time for 3.10, I think this
> will be better held off for more review and a merge for 3.11. Please get the
> above taken care of and resubmit to us as soon as 3.10-rc1 is out and we'll
> stage it for 3.11. The code does look nice and clean and looks to be in good
> shape, so there should be no problem to get it in for 3.10.
>
I'm OK for 3.11 merge window.

Regards
Haojian