@@ -31,25 +31,17 @@
#define AUTOFS_MIN_PROTO_VERSION AUTOFS_PROTO_VERSION
- * Architectures where both 32- and 64-bit binaries can be executed
- * on 64-bit kernels need this. This keeps the structure format
- * uniform, and makes sure the wait_queue_token isn't too big to be
- * passed back down to the kernel.
- * This assumes that on these architectures:
- * mode 32 bit 64 bit
- * -------------------------
- * int 32 bit 32 bit
- * long 32 bit 64 bit
- * If so, 32-bit user-space code should be backwards compatible.
+ * The wait_queue_token (autofs_wqt_t) is part of a structure which is passed
+ * back to the kernel via ioctl from userspace. On architectures where 32- and
+ * 64-bit userspace binaries can be executed it's important that the size of
+ * autofs_wqt_t stays constant between 32- and 64-bit Linux kernels so that we
+ * do not break the binary ABI interface by changing the structure size.
-#if defined(__sparc__) || defined(__mips__) || defined(__x86_64__) \
- || defined(__powerpc__) || defined(__s390__)
-typedef unsigned int autofs_wqt_t;
+#if defined(__ia64__) || defined(__alpha__) /* pure 64bit architectures */
typedef unsigned long autofs_wqt_t;
+typedef unsigned int autofs_wqt_t;
/* Packet types */