Patchwork [PULL,00/46] migration queue

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Juan Quintela
Date March 5, 2013, 1:46 p.m.
Message ID <1362491165-16808-1-git-send-email-quintela@redhat.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/225050/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://repo.or.cz/qemu/quintela.git migration.next

Comments

Juan Quintela - March 5, 2013, 1:46 p.m.
Hi, Anthony

please pull the migraiton queue, it includes:
- paolo cleanup & remove buffering series (already reviewed upstream)
- v2 of XBZRLE fixes from Orit

Thanks, Juan

The following changes since commit 26135ead80fa1fd13e95c162dacfd06f2ba82981:

  target-mips: Fix accumulator selection for MIPS16 and microMIPS (2013-03-05 01:02:09 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://repo.or.cz/qemu/quintela.git migration.next

for you to fetch changes up to 6fde681a3e580ad7d92885b6c469ea3f1bca05b5:

  page_cache: dup memory on insert (2013-03-05 13:52:18 +0100)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Juan Quintela (1):
      Rename buffered_ to migration_

Kazuya Saito (1):
      migration: add migrate_set_state tracepoint

Orit Wasserman (2):
      Fix page_cache leak in cache_resize
      Fix cache_resize to keep old entry age

Paolo Bonzini (40):
      migration: simplify while loop
      migration: always use vm_stop_force_state
      migration: move more error handling to migrate_fd_cleanup
      migration: push qemu_savevm_state_cancel out of qemu_savevm_state_*
      block-migration: remove useless calls to blk_mig_cleanup
      qemu-file: pass errno from qemu_fflush via f->last_error
      migration: use qemu_file_set_error to pass error codes back to qemu_savevm_state
      qemu-file: temporarily expose qemu_file_set_error and qemu_fflush
      migration: flush all data to fd when buffered_flush is called
      migration: use qemu_file_set_error
      migration: simplify error handling
      migration: do not nest flushing of device data
      migration: prepare to access s->state outside critical sections
      migration: cleanup migration (including thread) in the iothread
      block-migration: remove variables that are never read
      block-migration: small preparatory changes for locking
      block-migration: document usage of state across threads
      block-migration: add lock
      migration: reorder SaveVMHandlers members
      migration: run pending/iterate callbacks out of big lock
      migration: run setup callbacks out of big lock
      migration: yay, buffering is gone
      qemu-file: make qemu_fflush and qemu_file_set_error private again
      migration: eliminate last_round
      migration: detect error before sleeping
      migration: remove useless qemu_file_get_error check
      migration: use qemu_file_rate_limit consistently
      migration: merge qemu_popen_cmd with qemu_popen
      qemu-file: fsync a writable stdio QEMUFile
      qemu-file: check exit status when closing a pipe QEMUFile
      qemu-file: add writable socket QEMUFile
      qemu-file: simplify and export qemu_ftell
      migration: use QEMUFile for migration channel lifetime
      migration: use QEMUFile for writing outgoing migration data
      migration: use qemu_ftell to compute bandwidth
      migration: small changes around rate-limiting
      migration: move rate limiting to QEMUFile
      migration: move contents of migration_close to migrate_fd_cleanup
      migration: eliminate s->migration_file
      migration: inline migrate_fd_close

Peter Lieven (2):
      page_cache: fix memory leak
      page_cache: dup memory on insert

 arch_init.c                    |  17 +-
 block-migration.c              | 167 +++++++++++++------
 docs/migration.txt             |  20 +--
 include/migration/migration.h  |  12 +-
 include/migration/page_cache.h |   3 +-
 include/migration/qemu-file.h  |  21 +--
 include/migration/vmstate.h    |  21 ++-
 include/qemu/atomic.h          |   1 +
 include/qemu/osdep.h           |   7 +
 include/sysemu/sysemu.h        |   6 +-
 migration-exec.c               |  39 +----
 migration-fd.c                 |  47 +-----
 migration-tcp.c                |  33 +---
 migration-unix.c               |  33 +---
 migration.c                    | 357 +++++++++--------------------------------
 page_cache.c                   |  25 +--
 savevm.c                       | 214 +++++++++++++-----------
 trace-events                   |   3 +
 18 files changed, 402 insertions(+), 624 deletions(-)
Anthony Liguori - March 11, 2013, 1:08 a.m.
Juan Quintela <quintela@redhat.com> writes:

> Hi, Anthony
>
> please pull the migraiton queue, it includes:
> - paolo cleanup & remove buffering series (already reviewed upstream)
> - v2 of XBZRLE fixes from Orit

After waiting for 10 minutes for repo.or.cz to respond, I gave up.  I
try again later but repo.or.cz has been getting worse and worse lately.

I suspect after Paolo's series, it'll need a rebase anyway.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori 

>
> Thanks, Juan
>
> The following changes since commit 26135ead80fa1fd13e95c162dacfd06f2ba82981:
>
>   target-mips: Fix accumulator selection for MIPS16 and microMIPS (2013-03-05 01:02:09 +0100)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://repo.or.cz/qemu/quintela.git migration.next
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 6fde681a3e580ad7d92885b6c469ea3f1bca05b5:
>
>   page_cache: dup memory on insert (2013-03-05 13:52:18 +0100)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Juan Quintela (1):
>       Rename buffered_ to migration_
>
> Kazuya Saito (1):
>       migration: add migrate_set_state tracepoint
>
> Orit Wasserman (2):
>       Fix page_cache leak in cache_resize
>       Fix cache_resize to keep old entry age
>
> Paolo Bonzini (40):
>       migration: simplify while loop
>       migration: always use vm_stop_force_state
>       migration: move more error handling to migrate_fd_cleanup
>       migration: push qemu_savevm_state_cancel out of qemu_savevm_state_*
>       block-migration: remove useless calls to blk_mig_cleanup
>       qemu-file: pass errno from qemu_fflush via f->last_error
>       migration: use qemu_file_set_error to pass error codes back to qemu_savevm_state
>       qemu-file: temporarily expose qemu_file_set_error and qemu_fflush
>       migration: flush all data to fd when buffered_flush is called
>       migration: use qemu_file_set_error
>       migration: simplify error handling
>       migration: do not nest flushing of device data
>       migration: prepare to access s->state outside critical sections
>       migration: cleanup migration (including thread) in the iothread
>       block-migration: remove variables that are never read
>       block-migration: small preparatory changes for locking
>       block-migration: document usage of state across threads
>       block-migration: add lock
>       migration: reorder SaveVMHandlers members
>       migration: run pending/iterate callbacks out of big lock
>       migration: run setup callbacks out of big lock
>       migration: yay, buffering is gone
>       qemu-file: make qemu_fflush and qemu_file_set_error private again
>       migration: eliminate last_round
>       migration: detect error before sleeping
>       migration: remove useless qemu_file_get_error check
>       migration: use qemu_file_rate_limit consistently
>       migration: merge qemu_popen_cmd with qemu_popen
>       qemu-file: fsync a writable stdio QEMUFile
>       qemu-file: check exit status when closing a pipe QEMUFile
>       qemu-file: add writable socket QEMUFile
>       qemu-file: simplify and export qemu_ftell
>       migration: use QEMUFile for migration channel lifetime
>       migration: use QEMUFile for writing outgoing migration data
>       migration: use qemu_ftell to compute bandwidth
>       migration: small changes around rate-limiting
>       migration: move rate limiting to QEMUFile
>       migration: move contents of migration_close to migrate_fd_cleanup
>       migration: eliminate s->migration_file
>       migration: inline migrate_fd_close
>
> Peter Lieven (2):
>       page_cache: fix memory leak
>       page_cache: dup memory on insert
>
>  arch_init.c                    |  17 +-
>  block-migration.c              | 167 +++++++++++++------
>  docs/migration.txt             |  20 +--
>  include/migration/migration.h  |  12 +-
>  include/migration/page_cache.h |   3 +-
>  include/migration/qemu-file.h  |  21 +--
>  include/migration/vmstate.h    |  21 ++-
>  include/qemu/atomic.h          |   1 +
>  include/qemu/osdep.h           |   7 +
>  include/sysemu/sysemu.h        |   6 +-
>  migration-exec.c               |  39 +----
>  migration-fd.c                 |  47 +-----
>  migration-tcp.c                |  33 +---
>  migration-unix.c               |  33 +---
>  migration.c                    | 357 +++++++++--------------------------------
>  page_cache.c                   |  25 +--
>  savevm.c                       | 214 +++++++++++++-----------
>  trace-events                   |   3 +
>  18 files changed, 402 insertions(+), 624 deletions(-)
Paolo Bonzini - March 11, 2013, 7:49 a.m.
Il 11/03/2013 02:08, Anthony Liguori ha scritto:
> Juan Quintela <quintela@redhat.com> writes:
> 
>> Hi, Anthony
>>
>> please pull the migraiton queue, it includes:
>> - paolo cleanup & remove buffering series (already reviewed upstream)
>> - v2 of XBZRLE fixes from Orit
> 
> After waiting for 10 minutes for repo.or.cz to respond, I gave up.  I
> try again later but repo.or.cz has been getting worse and worse lately.
> 
> I suspect after Paolo's series, it'll need a rebase anyway.

No, there's no conflict.  My series was well contained within hw/.

I managed to access repo.or.cz, here is a bundle between origin/master
and 6fde681a3e580ad7d92885b6c469ea3f1bca05b5 (you can use it with "git
bundle unbundle migration.bundle" followed by a normal "git merge").

Paolo

> Regards,
> 
> Anthony Liguori 
> 
>>
>> Thanks, Juan
>>
>> The following changes since commit 26135ead80fa1fd13e95c162dacfd06f2ba82981:
>>
>>   target-mips: Fix accumulator selection for MIPS16 and microMIPS (2013-03-05 01:02:09 +0100)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>   git://repo.or.cz/qemu/quintela.git migration.next
>>
>> for you to fetch changes up to 6fde681a3e580ad7d92885b6c469ea3f1bca05b5:
>>
>>   page_cache: dup memory on insert (2013-03-05 13:52:18 +0100)
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>> Juan Quintela (1):
>>       Rename buffered_ to migration_
>>
>> Kazuya Saito (1):
>>       migration: add migrate_set_state tracepoint
>>
>> Orit Wasserman (2):
>>       Fix page_cache leak in cache_resize
>>       Fix cache_resize to keep old entry age
>>
>> Paolo Bonzini (40):
>>       migration: simplify while loop
>>       migration: always use vm_stop_force_state
>>       migration: move more error handling to migrate_fd_cleanup
>>       migration: push qemu_savevm_state_cancel out of qemu_savevm_state_*
>>       block-migration: remove useless calls to blk_mig_cleanup
>>       qemu-file: pass errno from qemu_fflush via f->last_error
>>       migration: use qemu_file_set_error to pass error codes back to qemu_savevm_state
>>       qemu-file: temporarily expose qemu_file_set_error and qemu_fflush
>>       migration: flush all data to fd when buffered_flush is called
>>       migration: use qemu_file_set_error
>>       migration: simplify error handling
>>       migration: do not nest flushing of device data
>>       migration: prepare to access s->state outside critical sections
>>       migration: cleanup migration (including thread) in the iothread
>>       block-migration: remove variables that are never read
>>       block-migration: small preparatory changes for locking
>>       block-migration: document usage of state across threads
>>       block-migration: add lock
>>       migration: reorder SaveVMHandlers members
>>       migration: run pending/iterate callbacks out of big lock
>>       migration: run setup callbacks out of big lock
>>       migration: yay, buffering is gone
>>       qemu-file: make qemu_fflush and qemu_file_set_error private again
>>       migration: eliminate last_round
>>       migration: detect error before sleeping
>>       migration: remove useless qemu_file_get_error check
>>       migration: use qemu_file_rate_limit consistently
>>       migration: merge qemu_popen_cmd with qemu_popen
>>       qemu-file: fsync a writable stdio QEMUFile
>>       qemu-file: check exit status when closing a pipe QEMUFile
>>       qemu-file: add writable socket QEMUFile
>>       qemu-file: simplify and export qemu_ftell
>>       migration: use QEMUFile for migration channel lifetime
>>       migration: use QEMUFile for writing outgoing migration data
>>       migration: use qemu_ftell to compute bandwidth
>>       migration: small changes around rate-limiting
>>       migration: move rate limiting to QEMUFile
>>       migration: move contents of migration_close to migrate_fd_cleanup
>>       migration: eliminate s->migration_file
>>       migration: inline migrate_fd_close
>>
>> Peter Lieven (2):
>>       page_cache: fix memory leak
>>       page_cache: dup memory on insert
>>
>>  arch_init.c                    |  17 +-
>>  block-migration.c              | 167 +++++++++++++------
>>  docs/migration.txt             |  20 +--
>>  include/migration/migration.h  |  12 +-
>>  include/migration/page_cache.h |   3 +-
>>  include/migration/qemu-file.h  |  21 +--
>>  include/migration/vmstate.h    |  21 ++-
>>  include/qemu/atomic.h          |   1 +
>>  include/qemu/osdep.h           |   7 +
>>  include/sysemu/sysemu.h        |   6 +-
>>  migration-exec.c               |  39 +----
>>  migration-fd.c                 |  47 +-----
>>  migration-tcp.c                |  33 +---
>>  migration-unix.c               |  33 +---
>>  migration.c                    | 357 +++++++++--------------------------------
>>  page_cache.c                   |  25 +--
>>  savevm.c                       | 214 +++++++++++++-----------
>>  trace-events                   |   3 +
>>  18 files changed, 402 insertions(+), 624 deletions(-)
> 
> 
>
Juan Quintela - March 11, 2013, 3:38 p.m.
Anthony Liguori <aliguori@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Juan Quintela <quintela@redhat.com> writes:
>
>> Hi, Anthony
>>
>> please pull the migraiton queue, it includes:
>> - paolo cleanup & remove buffering series (already reviewed upstream)
>> - v2 of XBZRLE fixes from Orit
>
> After waiting for 10 minutes for repo.or.cz to respond, I gave up.  I
> try again later but repo.or.cz has been getting worse and worse lately.
>
> I suspect after Paolo's series, it'll need a rebase anyway.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anthony Liguori 
>

Rebased (zero conflicts) and resend a pull request from a github tree.

Later, Juan.