Patchwork [GIT,PULL] sunXi dt additions for 3.9, take 2

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Maxime Ripard
Date Feb. 26, 2013, 4:08 p.m.
Message ID <512CDE04.2010401@free-electrons.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/223260/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://github.com/mripard/linux.git tags/sunxi-dt-for-3.9-2

Comments

Maxime Ripard - Feb. 26, 2013, 4:08 p.m.
Arnd, Olof,

Here is the second pull request for DT additions for 3.9, containing
the commits that were reverted, plus the missing commit that makes
everything build.

It depends on patches that were merged by LinusT and went through
LinusW pinctrl tree, during this merge window.

Thanks,
Maxime

The following changes since commit 581981be24f9866b37af535f947da2e7b65aaa53:

  ARM: sunxi: Add the pin groups for UART0 and UART1 on sun4i (2013-02-01 10:48:11 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://github.com/mripard/linux.git tags/sunxi-dt-for-3.9-2

for you to fetch changes up to bb07ccd30af4b79fc5a4ad5b2f69b0a719b2f726:

  sunxi: a13-olinuxino: Add user LED to the device tree (2013-02-26 16:40:00 +0100)

----------------------------------------------------------------
2nd set of DT additions for the allwinner sunXi platform for linux 3.9

----------------------------------------------------------------
Emilio López (1):
      sunxi: a10-cubieboard: Add user LEDs to the device tree

Maxime Ripard (2):
      sunxi: dts: Report the pinctrl nodes as gpio-controllers
      sunxi: a13-olinuxino: Add user LED to the device tree

 arch/arm/boot/dts/sun4i-a10-cubieboard.dts |   26 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/sun4i-a10.dtsi           |    4 +++-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/sun5i-a13-olinuxino.dts  |   20 ++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/sun5i-a13.dtsi           |    4 +++-
 4 files changed, 52 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
Olof Johansson - March 1, 2013, 1:56 a.m.
On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 05:08:36PM +0100, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> Arnd, Olof,
> 
> Here is the second pull request for DT additions for 3.9, containing
> the commits that were reverted, plus the missing commit that makes
> everything build.
> 
> It depends on patches that were merged by LinusT and went through
> LinusW pinctrl tree, during this merge window.

Ok. I think in hindsight this might just as well have waited for 3.10, but
given that we've gone back and forth on it a bit, I've pulled it into the
fixes branch for 3.9.


-Olof
Olof Johansson - March 5, 2013, 1:17 a.m.
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 05:08:36PM +0100, Maxime Ripard wrote:
>> Arnd, Olof,
>>
>> Here is the second pull request for DT additions for 3.9, containing
>> the commits that were reverted, plus the missing commit that makes
>> everything build.
>>
>> It depends on patches that were merged by LinusT and went through
>> LinusW pinctrl tree, during this merge window.
>
> Ok. I think in hindsight this might just as well have waited for 3.10, but
> given that we've gone back and forth on it a bit, I've pulled it into the
> fixes branch for 3.9.

So, I wasn't able to get the fixes pull request that I was going to
bundle this with sent out in time for -rc1.

I can either stage this for 3.10 as it is, or if you prefer to sit on
it a bit and add more stuff and send it in with another branch later.
Let me know what you prefer and I'll stage it accordingly.


-Olof
Maxime Ripard - March 5, 2013, 7:48 p.m.
Hi Olof,

Le 05/03/2013 02:17, Olof Johansson a écrit :
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 05:08:36PM +0100, Maxime Ripard wrote:
>>> Arnd, Olof,
>>>
>>> Here is the second pull request for DT additions for 3.9, containing
>>> the commits that were reverted, plus the missing commit that makes
>>> everything build.
>>>
>>> It depends on patches that were merged by LinusT and went through
>>> LinusW pinctrl tree, during this merge window.
>>
>> Ok. I think in hindsight this might just as well have waited for 3.10, but
>> given that we've gone back and forth on it a bit, I've pulled it into the
>> fixes branch for 3.9.
> 
> So, I wasn't able to get the fixes pull request that I was going to
> bundle this with sent out in time for -rc1.
> 
> I can either stage this for 3.10 as it is, or if you prefer to sit on
> it a bit and add more stuff and send it in with another branch later.
> Let me know what you prefer and I'll stage it accordingly.

I guess you can drop them then, I'll submit them as part as a new pull
request for 3.10.

Thanks,
Maxime