Patchwork [GIT,PULL,nf] IPVS fixes #2

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Simon Horman
Date Feb. 6, 2013, 1:24 a.m.
Message ID <1360113878-31051-1-git-send-email-horms@verge.net.au>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/218473/
State Not Applicable
Delegated to: David Miller
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/horms/ipvs.git tags/ipvs-fixes2-for-v3.8

Comments

Simon Horman - Feb. 6, 2013, 1:24 a.m.
Hi Pablo,

Another fix. This one seems suitable for stable all the way back to
2.6.34. I suspect this change may not apply cleanly all the way back there.
Please let me know if I should prepare some backports.

----------------------------------------------------------------
The following changes since commit b425df4cdd953a400d814b4474c9d3ec04481858:

  ipvs: freeing uninitialized pointer on error (2013-01-28 10:14:37 +0900)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/horms/ipvs.git tags/ipvs-fixes2-for-v3.8

for you to fetch changes up to 4b47bc9a9e69141ed3a854c57601f548e82c78ba:

  ipvs: sctp: fix checksumming on snat and dnat handlers (2013-02-06 09:56:50 +0900)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Second fix for IPVS targeted at 3.8

SCTP checksumming correction by Daniel Borkmann

This appears to have been present since SCTP support was added to IPVS
and is thus present since 2.6.34.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Daniel Borkmann (1):
      ipvs: sctp: fix checksumming on snat and dnat handlers

 net/netfilter/ipvs/ip_vs_proto_sctp.c |   35 ++++++++++++++++-----------------
 1 file changed, 17 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe netdev" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Pablo Neira - Feb. 7, 2013, 6:12 p.m.
On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 10:24:37AM +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
> Hi Pablo,
> 
> Another fix. This one seems suitable for stable all the way back to
> 2.6.34. I suspect this change may not apply cleanly all the way back there.
> Please let me know if I should prepare some backports.
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> The following changes since commit b425df4cdd953a400d814b4474c9d3ec04481858:
> 
>   ipvs: freeing uninitialized pointer on error (2013-01-28 10:14:37 +0900)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/horms/ipvs.git tags/ipvs-fixes2-for-v3.8

Pulled, thanks Simon.
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe netdev" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Pablo Neira - Feb. 13, 2013, 8:13 p.m.
Hi again Simon,

On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 07:12:13PM +0100, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 10:24:37AM +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
> > Hi Pablo,
> > 
> > Another fix. This one seems suitable for stable all the way back to
> > 2.6.34. I suspect this change may not apply cleanly all the way back there.
> > Please let me know if I should prepare some backports.

While reviewing patches that I'll pass to -stable, I noticed that:

4b47bc9 ipvs: sctp: fix checksumming on snat and dnat handlers

depends on:

commit d4383f04d145cce8b855c463f40020639ef83ea0
Author: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <brouer@redhat.com>
Date:   Wed Sep 26 14:07:17 2012 +0200

    ipvs: API change to avoid rescan of IPv6 exthdr

which is too big to add as dependency (it does not fulfill -stable
rule of not bigger patches than 100 lines).

If you want to me pass this sctp fix to -stable, you or Daniel will
have to send me a backport.

Regards.
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe netdev" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Daniel Borkmann - Feb. 21, 2013, 11:19 a.m.
On 02/13/2013 09:13 PM, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 07:12:13PM +0100, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 10:24:37AM +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
>>> Hi Pablo,
>>>
>>> Another fix. This one seems suitable for stable all the way back to
>>> 2.6.34. I suspect this change may not apply cleanly all the way back there.
>>> Please let me know if I should prepare some backports.
>
> While reviewing patches that I'll pass to -stable, I noticed that:
>
> 4b47bc9 ipvs: sctp: fix checksumming on snat and dnat handlers
>
> depends on:
>
> commit d4383f04d145cce8b855c463f40020639ef83ea0
> Author: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <brouer@redhat.com>
> Date:   Wed Sep 26 14:07:17 2012 +0200
>
>      ipvs: API change to avoid rescan of IPv6 exthdr
>
> which is too big to add as dependency (it does not fulfill -stable
> rule of not bigger patches than 100 lines).
>
> If you want to me pass this sctp fix to -stable, you or Daniel will
> have to send me a backport.

I'm currently working on it. Will send you a patch by today.

Thanks.
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe netdev" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html