Patchwork [GIT,PULL] Nomadik devicetree and cleanups

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Linus Walleij
Date Jan. 30, 2013, 10:21 p.m.
Message ID <CACRpkdaVOV4d9xeuKnMyfGgM+Su3M6dmo2pyeEQE9Qb2sErzzA@mail.gmail.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/217000/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-nomadik.git

Comments

Linus Walleij - Jan. 30, 2013, 10:21 p.m.
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 11:36:59PM +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:
>>
>> > Would you mind rebasing on top of the depends/cleanup branch in arm-soc, sort
>> > out the breakage (and test it) and resubmit?
>>
>> So Olof, please try this instead, based on the ARM depends/cleanup HEAD
>> when I fetched it:
>>
>> The following changes since commit f8060f5446b1f2782f0a8ca9be2d870ea4198aee:
>>
>>   Merge tag 'gic-vic-to-irqchip' of
>> git://sources.calxeda.com/kernel/linux into next/cleanup (2013-01-14
>> 19:55:03 -0800)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>>
>>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-nomadik.git
>> tags/nmk-dt-on-cleanups
>
> Beautiful! Pulled. Zero conflicts. :)

So as I heard this blew up for selecting OF instead of USE_OF here
is yet another pull request, with this oneliner change in the relevant
patch ("ARM: nomadik: delete old board files"):

- select OF
+ select USE_OF

I have tried to provoke builderrors with the defconfig but couldn't.

Here is then yet another pull request, and let's hope it works this
time around:

The following changes since commit f8060f5446b1f2782f0a8ca9be2d870ea4198aee:

  Merge tag 'gic-vic-to-irqchip' of
git://sources.calxeda.com/kernel/linux into next/cleanup (2013-01-14
19:55:03 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:


  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-nomadik.git
tags/nomadik-devicetree-v2

for you to fetch changes up to 2cac860881884564c86eeda4f622d8a7ca9b089c:

  ARM: nomadik: get rid of <mach/hardware.h> (2013-01-30 22:55:34 +0100)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Nomadik Device Tree conversion rebased on ARM SoC cleanup branch

This patch set converts the Nomadik (mach-nomadik) to
Device Tree and delete the old board files, paving the
road for single zImage.

This version also selects USE_OF instead of just OF.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Linus Walleij (11):
      ARM: nomadik: move last custom calls to pinctrl
      ARM: nomadik: initial devicetree support
      ARM: nomadik: move pin maps to cpu file
      ARM: nomadik: move remaining PrimeCells to device tree
      ARM: nomadik: add FSMC NAND
      ARM: nomadik: move GPIO and pinctrl to device tree
      ARM: nomadik: convert SMSC91x ethernet to device tree
      ARM: nomadik: migrate MMC/SD card support to device tree
      ARM: nomadik: add I2C devices to the device tree
      ARM: nomadik: delete old board files
      ARM: nomadik: get rid of <mach/hardware.h>

 .../devicetree/bindings/arm/ste-nomadik.txt        |  27 ++
 .../devicetree/bindings/mtd/fsmc-nand.txt          |   2 +-
 arch/arm/Kconfig                                   |   2 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile                         |   1 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/ste-nomadik-s8815.dts            |  30 ++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/ste-nomadik-stn8815.dtsi         | 256 +++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/mach-nomadik/Kconfig                      |  10 +-
 arch/arm/mach-nomadik/Makefile                     |   6 -
 arch/arm/mach-nomadik/board-nhk8815.c              | 353 --------------------
 arch/arm/mach-nomadik/cpu-8815.c                   | 358 +++++++++++++++------
 arch/arm/mach-nomadik/cpu-8815.h                   |   4 -
 arch/arm/mach-nomadik/i2c-8815nhk.c                |  88 -----
 arch/arm/mach-nomadik/include/mach/hardware.h      |  90 ------
 arch/arm/mach-nomadik/include/mach/irqs.h          |   2 -
 arch/arm/mach-nomadik/include/mach/uncompress.h    |   1 -
 drivers/mtd/nand/fsmc_nand.c                       |   1 +
 drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-nomadik.c                  |   4 +
 17 files changed, 588 insertions(+), 647 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/ste-nomadik.txt
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/ste-nomadik-s8815.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/ste-nomadik-stn8815.dtsi
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-nomadik/board-nhk8815.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-nomadik/cpu-8815.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-nomadik/i2c-8815nhk.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-nomadik/include/mach/hardware.h
Olof Johansson - Jan. 31, 2013, 11:20 p.m.
On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:21:06PM +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 11:36:59PM +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:
> >> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> > Would you mind rebasing on top of the depends/cleanup branch in arm-soc, sort
> >> > out the breakage (and test it) and resubmit?
> >>
> >> So Olof, please try this instead, based on the ARM depends/cleanup HEAD
> >> when I fetched it:
> >>
> >> The following changes since commit f8060f5446b1f2782f0a8ca9be2d870ea4198aee:
> >>
> >>   Merge tag 'gic-vic-to-irqchip' of
> >> git://sources.calxeda.com/kernel/linux into next/cleanup (2013-01-14
> >> 19:55:03 -0800)
> >>
> >> are available in the git repository at:
> >>
> >>
> >>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-nomadik.git
> >> tags/nmk-dt-on-cleanups
> >
> > Beautiful! Pulled. Zero conflicts. :)
> 
> So as I heard this blew up for selecting OF instead of USE_OF here
> is yet another pull request, with this oneliner change in the relevant
> patch ("ARM: nomadik: delete old board files"):
> 
> - select OF
> + select USE_OF
> 
> I have tried to provoke builderrors with the defconfig but couldn't.
> 
> Here is then yet another pull request, and let's hope it works this
> time around:

Dropping and replacing branches is awkward, and you rewrote history here. It'd
be better to just take a fixup patch on top that switches the two selects.


-Olof
Linus Walleij - Feb. 1, 2013, 8:42 a.m.
On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:20 AM, Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:21:06PM +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:
>> So as I heard this blew up for selecting OF instead of USE_OF here
>> is yet another pull request, with this oneliner change in the relevant
>> patch ("ARM: nomadik: delete old board files"):
>>
>> - select OF
>> + select USE_OF
>>
>> I have tried to provoke builderrors with the defconfig but couldn't.
>>
>> Here is then yet another pull request, and let's hope it works this
>> time around:
>
> Dropping and replacing branches is awkward, and you rewrote history here. It'd
> be better to just take a fixup patch on top that switches the two selects.

Sure, I'll fix...

Yours,
Linus Walleij