@@ -2695,11 +2695,14 @@ FIT uImage format:
- Frame Buffer Address:
- Define CONFIG_FB_ADDR if you want to use specific
- address for frame buffer.
- Then system will reserve the frame buffer address to
- defined address instead of lcd_setmem (this function
- grabs the memory for frame buffer by panel's size).
+ Define CONFIG_FB_ADDR if you want to use specific
+ address for frame buffer. This is typically the case
+ when using a graphics controller has separate video
+ memory. U-Boot will then place the frame buffer at
+ the given address instead of dynamically reserving it
+ in system RAM by calling lcd_setmem(), which grabs
+ the memory for the frame buffer depending on the
+ configured panel size.
Please see board_init_f function.