@@ -23,11 +23,22 @@
* <mtddef> := <mtd-id>:<partdef>[,<partdef>]
* where <mtd-id> is the name from the "cat /proc/mtd" command
- * <partdef> := <size>[@offset][<name>][ro][lk]
+ * <partdef> := <size>[@<offset>][<name>][ro][lk]
* <mtd-id> := unique name used in mapping driver/device (mtd->name)
* <size> := standard linux memsize OR "-" to denote all remaining space
+ * size is automatically truncated at end of device
+ * if specified or trucated size is 0 the part is skipped
+ * <offset> := standard linux memsize
+ * if omitted the part will immediately follow the previous part
+ * or 0 if the first part
* <name> := '(' NAME ')'
+ * <size> and <offset> can be specified such that the parts are out of order
+ * in physical memory and may even overlap.
+ * The parts are assigned MTD numbers in the order they are specified in the
+ * command line regardless of their order in physical memory.
* 1 NOR Flash, with 1 single writable partition: