@@ -224,15 +224,14 @@ tcp_fack - BOOLEAN
The value is not used, if tcp_sack is not enabled.
tcp_fin_timeout - INTEGER
- Time to hold socket in state FIN-WAIT-2, if it was closed
- by our side. Peer can be broken and never close its side,
- or even died unexpectedly. Default value is 60sec.
- Usual value used in 2.2 was 180 seconds, you may restore
- it, but remember that if your machine is even underloaded WEB server,
- you risk to overflow memory with kilotons of dead sockets,
- FIN-WAIT-2 sockets are less dangerous than FIN-WAIT-1,
- because they eat maximum 1.5K of memory, but they tend
- to live longer. Cf. tcp_max_orphans.
+ The length of time an orphaned (no longer referenced by any
+ application) connection will remain in the FIN_WAIT_2 state
+ before it is aborted at the local end. While a perfectly
+ valid "receive only" state for an un-orphaned connection, an
+ orphaned connection in FIN_WAIT_2 state could otherwise wait
+ forever for the remote to close its end of the connection.
+ Cf. tcp_max_orphans
+ Default: 60 seconds
tcp_frto - INTEGER
Enables Forward RTO-Recovery (F-RTO) defined in RFC4138.