Patchwork [PULL,00/18] acpi: switch to memory api

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Gerd Hoffmann
Date Dec. 4, 2012, 1:04 p.m.
Message ID <1354626315-31186-1-git-send-email-kraxel@redhat.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/203657/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kraxel.org/qemu acpi.1

Comments

Gerd Hoffmann - Dec. 4, 2012, 1:04 p.m.
Hi,

Same patches as posted last week.  No review comments, 1.4 tree
open, so it should be ready to go in now.

cheers,
  Gerd

The following changes since commit 16c6c80ac3a772b42a87b77dfdf0fdac7c607b0e:

  Open up 1.4 development branch (2012-12-03 14:08:40 -0600)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://git.kraxel.org/qemu acpi.1

Gerd Hoffmann (18):
      apci: switch piix4 to memory api
      apci: switch ich9 to memory api
      apci: switch vt82c686 to memory api
      apci: switch timer to memory api
      apci: switch cnt to memory api
      apci: switch evt to memory api
      acpi: cleanup piix4 memory region
      acpi: cleanup vt82c686 memory region
      apci: switch ich9 gpe to memory api
      apci: switch ich9 smi to memory api
      acpi: cleanup ich9 memory region
      acpi: switch smbus to memory api
      acpi: fix piix4 smbus mapping
      apci: switch piix4 gpe to memory api
      acpi: remove acpi_gpe_blk
      apci: switch piix4 pci hotplug to memory api
      q35: update lpc pci config space according to configured devices
      acpi: drop debug port

 hw/acpi.c       |  113 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 hw/acpi.h       |   18 +++--
 hw/acpi_ich9.c  |  199 ++++++++++++++----------------------------------------
 hw/acpi_ich9.h  |    3 +
 hw/acpi_piix4.c |  183 +++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------------
 hw/ich9.h       |    1 +
 hw/lpc_ich9.c   |   29 ++++++++
 hw/pm_smbus.c   |   17 ++++-
 hw/pm_smbus.h   |    3 +-
 hw/smbus_ich9.c |   64 ++++--------------
 hw/vt82c686.c   |  102 +++++------------------------
 11 files changed, 317 insertions(+), 415 deletions(-)
Andreas Färber - Dec. 4, 2012, 3:57 p.m.
Hi Gerd,

Am 04.12.2012 14:04, schrieb Gerd Hoffmann:
>   Hi,
> 
> Same patches as posted last week.  No review comments, 1.4 tree
> open, so it should be ready to go in now.

That's not quite true - you ignored my review comment wrt MemoryRegion
placement (and I left it to you to look for further instances). Can you
please fix that up on your branch or as follow-up?

Did you see any overlap with Julien's series or can I post my PULL in
parallel?

Regards,
Andreas

> 
> cheers,
>   Gerd
> 
> The following changes since commit 16c6c80ac3a772b42a87b77dfdf0fdac7c607b0e:
> 
>   Open up 1.4 development branch (2012-12-03 14:08:40 -0600)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
>   git://git.kraxel.org/qemu acpi.1
> 
> Gerd Hoffmann (18):
>       apci: switch piix4 to memory api
>       apci: switch ich9 to memory api
>       apci: switch vt82c686 to memory api
>       apci: switch timer to memory api
>       apci: switch cnt to memory api
>       apci: switch evt to memory api
>       acpi: cleanup piix4 memory region
>       acpi: cleanup vt82c686 memory region
>       apci: switch ich9 gpe to memory api
>       apci: switch ich9 smi to memory api
>       acpi: cleanup ich9 memory region
>       acpi: switch smbus to memory api
>       acpi: fix piix4 smbus mapping
>       apci: switch piix4 gpe to memory api
>       acpi: remove acpi_gpe_blk
>       apci: switch piix4 pci hotplug to memory api
>       q35: update lpc pci config space according to configured devices
>       acpi: drop debug port
> 
>  hw/acpi.c       |  113 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
>  hw/acpi.h       |   18 +++--
>  hw/acpi_ich9.c  |  199 ++++++++++++++----------------------------------------
>  hw/acpi_ich9.h  |    3 +
>  hw/acpi_piix4.c |  183 +++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------------
>  hw/ich9.h       |    1 +
>  hw/lpc_ich9.c   |   29 ++++++++
>  hw/pm_smbus.c   |   17 ++++-
>  hw/pm_smbus.h   |    3 +-
>  hw/smbus_ich9.c |   64 ++++--------------
>  hw/vt82c686.c   |  102 +++++------------------------
>  11 files changed, 317 insertions(+), 415 deletions(-)
>
Gerd Hoffmann - Dec. 4, 2012, 4:05 p.m.
On 12/04/12 16:57, Andreas Färber wrote:
> Hi Gerd,
> 
> Am 04.12.2012 14:04, schrieb Gerd Hoffmann:
>>   Hi,
>>
>> Same patches as posted last week.  No review comments, 1.4 tree
>> open, so it should be ready to go in now.
> 
> That's not quite true - you ignored my review comment wrt MemoryRegion
> placement (and I left it to you to look for further instances). Can you
> please fix that up on your branch or as follow-up?

You mean that empty line after parent_object?  I can send a followup for
that one.

Why it is important btw?  Just style?  Some parser tool?  Can we make
checkpatch.pl check this?

> Did you see any overlap with Julien's series or can I post my PULL in
> parallel?

Given that you kicked out the acpi changes due to q35 merge conflicts it
should work in parallel as my series touches acpi only.  Havn't actually
tried to merge though.

A small followup is needed once both are in: replace get_system_io()
with the new isa_address_space() in the acpi code.

cheers,
  Gerd
Andreas Färber - Dec. 5, 2012, 4:49 p.m.
Am 04.12.2012 17:05, schrieb Gerd Hoffmann:
> On 12/04/12 16:57, Andreas Färber wrote:
>> Am 04.12.2012 14:04, schrieb Gerd Hoffmann:
>>> Same patches as posted last week.  No review comments, 1.4 tree
>>> open, so it should be ready to go in now.
>>
>> That's not quite true - you ignored my review comment wrt MemoryRegion
>> placement (and I left it to you to look for further instances). Can you
>> please fix that up on your branch or as follow-up?
> 
> You mean that empty line after parent_object?  I can send a followup for
> that one.
> 
> Why it is important btw?  Just style?  Some parser tool?

Mainly style: QOM uses the parent's struct as field to block the memory
but otherwise attempts to hide this field from users:

/*< private >*/
FooState parent_obj;
/*< public >*/

Bar baz;
...

In the past I found places where this was mangled up and the parent
field was not the first field as it needs to be, not caught by the qdev
macros.

I have hopes that when we preprocess for QIDL we can also improve the
vtable situation, possibly inserting the parents' fields individually.
Either way my don't-touch-the-parent cleanups will turn useful. ;)

> Can we make
> checkpatch.pl check this?

Maybe? I wouldn't know where or how since it's not within one line...
And last time I attempted to change checkpatch.pl, my patches were
turned down. :(

>> Did you see any overlap with Julien's series or can I post my PULL in
>> parallel?
> 
> Given that you kicked out the acpi changes due to q35 merge conflicts it
> should work in parallel as my series touches acpi only.  Havn't actually
> tried to merge though.

Just found out that the apm patch trivially conflicts (hw/lpc_ich9.c) -
you added a notifier whereas Julien changed apm_init() signature.
I can update my branch once Anthony has pulled yours.

Cheers,
Andreas

> A small followup is needed once both are in: replace get_system_io()
> with the new isa_address_space() in the acpi code.
Anthony Liguori - Dec. 10, 2012, 4:58 p.m.
Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com> writes:

>   Hi,
>
> Same patches as posted last week.  No review comments, 1.4 tree
> open, so it should be ready to go in now.
>
> cheers,
>   Gerd
>
> The following changes since commit 16c6c80ac3a772b42a87b77dfdf0fdac7c607b0e:
>
>   Open up 1.4 development branch (2012-12-03 14:08:40 -0600)

Pulled. Thanks.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

>
> are available in the git repository at:
>   git://git.kraxel.org/qemu acpi.1
>
> Gerd Hoffmann (18):
>       apci: switch piix4 to memory api
>       apci: switch ich9 to memory api
>       apci: switch vt82c686 to memory api
>       apci: switch timer to memory api
>       apci: switch cnt to memory api
>       apci: switch evt to memory api
>       acpi: cleanup piix4 memory region
>       acpi: cleanup vt82c686 memory region
>       apci: switch ich9 gpe to memory api
>       apci: switch ich9 smi to memory api
>       acpi: cleanup ich9 memory region
>       acpi: switch smbus to memory api
>       acpi: fix piix4 smbus mapping
>       apci: switch piix4 gpe to memory api
>       acpi: remove acpi_gpe_blk
>       apci: switch piix4 pci hotplug to memory api
>       q35: update lpc pci config space according to configured devices
>       acpi: drop debug port
>
>  hw/acpi.c       |  113 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
>  hw/acpi.h       |   18 +++--
>  hw/acpi_ich9.c  |  199 ++++++++++++++----------------------------------------
>  hw/acpi_ich9.h  |    3 +
>  hw/acpi_piix4.c |  183 +++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------------
>  hw/ich9.h       |    1 +
>  hw/lpc_ich9.c   |   29 ++++++++
>  hw/pm_smbus.c   |   17 ++++-
>  hw/pm_smbus.h   |    3 +-
>  hw/smbus_ich9.c |   64 ++++--------------
>  hw/vt82c686.c   |  102 +++++------------------------
>  11 files changed, 317 insertions(+), 415 deletions(-)