@@ -419,7 +419,6 @@
-- Set switches for formal verification mode
if Debug_Flag_Dot_FF then
Alfa_Mode := True;
-- Set strict standard interpretation of compiler permissions
@@ -448,16 +447,14 @@
Restrict.Restrictions.Set (No_Initialize_Scalars) := True;
- -- Suppress all language checks since they are handled implicitly by
- -- the formal verification backend.
- -- Turn off dynamic elaboration checks.
- -- Turn off alignment checks.
- -- Turn off validity checking.
+ -- Note: at this point we used to suppress various checks, but that
+ -- is not what we want. We need the semantic processing for these
+ -- checks (which will set flags like Do_Overflow_Check, showing the
+ -- points at which potential checks are required semantically). We
+ -- don't want the expansion associated with these checks, but that
+ -- happens anyway because this expansion is simply not done in the
+ -- Alfa version of the expander.
- Suppress_Options := Suppress_All;
- Dynamic_Elaboration_Checks := False;
-- Kill debug of generated code, since it messes up sloc values
Debug_Generated_Code := False;